Plural of "Bigfoot"

Moonface

Is there a generally accepted plural for "Bigfoot"?

Bigfoot?

Bigfoots?

I've heard "Bigfeet" before, but I know that's not normally used.

Admin

I agree. That is the way I have always used it. Just like "deer". 

• Like 1

Yes, it is Bigfoot no 's'.  I've seen many Bigfoot not I've seen many Bigfoots.  Not to be confused with "I have Bigfoot's toe" not "I have Bigfoot toe".  Technically speaking, Bigfoot should not be capitalized either because it isn't a recognized species or proper name/noun.  On the other hand, Sasquatch is capitalized because it's a proper noun.  On that issue, I actually checked with Merriam-Webster folks many years ago.  It would be best if one were discovered so that the scientists could assign a proper name to it and clear up the confusion.

• Upvote 1

Thanks.

If it was officially discovered do you think science would officially name it Bigfoot/Sasquatch or something different?

I think that depends on what it is discovered to be and who discovers it.  I doubt the bigfoot name will stick.

Admin

Maybe not "officially", but it will in common discussion. I think it is too engrained in society and culture for it to go away anytime soon, even with an official name.

SSR Team

I heard someone say something along the lines of 'there were three Sasquai....' once, it's always stuck in my head.  :rock:

It was on a documentary if my memory is correct !

• 3 months later...

I use bigfoots. I know it sounds wrong, and I don't care. The whole word is absurd and I don't care for the term sasquatch. 

Bigot isn't latin. It's English. 

Members of the homopilosus sit simiae is pluralized homopilosi

(Just kidding, I assume it's bigfoots, like Proudfoot is Proutfoots not Proudfeet)

1 hour ago, Doodler said:

Bigot isn't latin. It's English. 

Members of the homopilosus sit simiae is pluralized homopilosi

(Just kidding, I assume it's bigfoots, like Proudfoot is Proutfoots not Proudfeet)

Stupid phone.

Bigfoot isn't Latin, it's English. Didn't mean to type bigot, lol

On 7/30/2021 at 9:32 AM, Madison5716 said:

I use bigfoots. I know it sounds wrong, and I don't care. The whole word is absurd and I don't care for the term sasquatch. 

I lean more towards the opposite.  Bigfoot sounds like a nickname, much like ringtail or masked bandit for raccoon or China rooster for pheasant. Sasquatch just sounds to me more like a formal name. So bigfoots are sasquatches and visa versa for me.