Radio Interview with Albert Ostman

MikeZimmer

"A huge thank-you goes out to researcher Dustin Severs who graciously provided the interview. Thanks also to Melody and Jason banks for the intro narration. In 1971, B.C. radio station CBU aired some interviews of leading Sasquatch personalities of the time, including John Green, Ivan Marx, Roger Patterson, Don Abbott, and Albert Ostman. The first one that will be featured here is the Albert Ostman segment. Stay tuned for the others which will soon follow. Don’t forgot to subscribe and hit that notification button. Sit back, relax, and enjoy this extremely rare interview."

• Upvote 3

Yes.  Ostman's account is probably genuine.  His detailed description of the Sasquatches was remarkably consistent with later accounts.  This despite the fact that Bigfoot was hardly common knowledge when he was first interviewed by John Green in 1957.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moonface said:

It's not typical BF behaviour.

Any other accounts of kidnappings?

Accounts of kidnappings by Bigfoot-like creatures are very ancient.  Going back at least hundreds of years to pre-Columbian times if not further.  Many old American Indian legends.  Especially in the Pacific Northwest.  Also, look into the account of Muchalat Harry, an American Indian of the Nookta tribe on Vancouver Island, British Columbia was allegedly kidnapped by a Bigfoot.  His account, if true, was absolutely terrifying as it appears he the creatures were planning to eat him as evidenced by bones littering the creatures camp site.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/muchalat.htm

• Upvote 2

It just sounds too incredible to be true to me, maybe his snuff caused him hallucinations or something. I'll have to dig a little deeper regarding the detailed descriptions noted above but this can't be true can it?

14 minutes ago, Celtic Raider said:

It just sounds too incredible to be true to me, maybe his snuff caused him hallucinations or something. I'll have to dig a little deeper regarding the detailed descriptions noted above but this can't be true can it?

Old Indian legends of kidnappings are too ubiquitous to ignore.  Ostman's account of Bigfoot appearance was also remarkably consistent with later reports.  Considering that there was very little accurate knowledge of Bigfoot in those days and in the time Ostman was interviewed in 1957, I am inclined to view his account as genuine.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Moonface said:

It's not typical BF behaviour.

Any other accounts of kidnappings?

Probably one of the most predominant traits of BF according to Indian legends. And then there is the 411 books....

Dennis Martin case?

Just now, norseman said:

Probably one of the most predominant traits of BF according to Indian legends. And then there is the 411 books....

Dennis Martin case?

Interestingly, in Africa there are native accounts of wild gorillas kidnapping humans as well.  This appears to be somewhat typical great ape behavior.  At least on occasion. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

Old Indian legends of kidnappings are too ubiquitous to ignore.  Ostman's account of Bigfoot appearance was also remarkably consistent with later reports.  Considering that there was very little accurate knowledge of Bigfoot in those days and in the time Ostman was interviewed in 1957, I am inclined to view his account as genuine.  

The trouble I have with those reports are that there are virtually no reports of modern kidnapping, it seems like since the advent of modern technology it's only brief sightings in forest. I know the Dennis Martin case is noted above but that was just a missing person, not a claim that a Bigfoot spirited anyone away, are there any modern stories or kidnap at all, say from the 80s onward? If they were that ubiquitous years ago why would they suddenly stop completely?

Seems like a gross exaggeration to me which often happens in tales and legends.

Edited by Celtic Raider

2 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

Interestingly, in Africa there are native accounts of wild gorillas kidnapping humans as well.  This appears to be somewhat typical great ape behavior.  At least on occasion. 

Look at the King Kong films? The main theme is the monstrous ape stealing the fair maiden. So it’s not just Indian culture.

Many of us are hybrids. Part Neanderthal and Denisovan. Some Denisovans were part Neanderthal. And I’m sure there were other archaic species participating as well. Anyone ever wonder how those couplings would have played out? I doubt they were originally friendly.

2 minutes ago, Celtic Raider said:

The trouble I have with those reports are that there are virtually no reports of modern kidnapping, it seems like since the advent of modern technology it's only brief sightings in forest. I know the Dennis Martin case is noted above but that was just a missing person, not a claim that a Bigfoot spirited anyone away, are there any modern stories or kidnap at all, say from the 80s onward? If they were that ubiquitous years ago why would they suddenly stop completely?

Seems like a gross exaggeration to me which often happens in tales and legends.

I think your not familiar with the Dennis Martin case.

Just now, Celtic Raider said:

I think in at least some cases, the Missing 411 series refers to kidnappings by Bigfoot.  Problem is, maybe the Bigfoots got smart about this and decided the persons being kidnapped need to be silenced as the human population density is much higher than it was in ancient times and the advent of firearms puts these creatures at a decided disadvantage.  Of course, this level of reasoning would require a more human level of intelligence.  But there are enough old Indian legends to suggest that these creatures consider humans a prey item on occasion. 

4 minutes ago, Celtic Raider said:

My thinking too.

Edited by Moonface

43 minutes ago, norseman said:

I think your not familiar with the Dennis Martin case.

I am reasonably familiar with the report and the unidentified 'creature' that has an object over its shoulder with the same colour as Martin's coat if I recall. Horrifically, I think it's much more likely to be a peodophile in a large camouflage jacket (or some such) than a sasquatch though as horrible as that thought is.

Whereas the NA tales specifically mention sasquatch by reputation as the kidnapper all the modern tales including the 411 stories are inferred or unknown and sasquatch is hypothesised as a culprit which is very different to me. 

Edited by Celtic Raider