Infrasound Detector

gigantor

I wasn't sure what I was doing but I saw it trigger several times on some low frequency noises from the creature.

Screenshot_20210513-134803.jpg

Screenshot_20210513-135007.jpg

Edited by Believer57

On 4/29/2021 at 10:11 PM, gigantor said:

I found a free infrasound detector app for Android phones.

It uses the phone's microphone and accelerometer to detect/log infrasound between 4Hz and 30Hz. I'm thinking of taking it to the zoo when it reopens to see what happens.

CtvMe2rfii-fp-tpIuMhiRkWupS0z6Z_9AC4jhRL wgTCr8y7CrLStWSDYoSoiEmBOdrXfZ2FmwCpnLcR

DWyztzHiczsDYLFCr8w3O8nIKaRhIO11BiV0a-4q nzfvv7B5eZzbMyeKxihJ_LhkeouW0Hf80ALIRlTT

Thank you for posting this as that would make an excellent research tool in the field.  I guess it's a good thing that I'm old school and still use an Android lol.  Now I have even less of a reason to update to an I Phone. 

• Thanks 1

^^^^ I bought a battery holder adapter from Brooke Clarke for my Scott pressurized air fed respirator.  A unique cost effective item that replaced the expensive throw-away factory battery pack. Interesting guy, nice 427 Cobra.

Cheap infrasound mics are made to monitor volcanoes. They have to be disposable for when the volcano blows ( add Jimmy Buffet song here ).  I have a couple of drawings to build 'volcano monitoring mics' if someone has good soldering skills and can figure out what to do with the signal that is generated. 

Sorry about the bad link. Edited to add famous photo of Mt. St. Helens blast, anniversary was the other day.

EYMFjgFVAAAyj5S.thumb.jpeg.5731b111171de7f7e65da3b885f70544.jpeg

Edited by JKH
  • Downvote 1