Yowie Infrared

VAfooter

Admin

Found this on ATS. I have not had a chance to watch it yet, due to my terrible Internet connection. However, take a look and see what you think. I think the actual footage starts around 20 minutes into the video (roughly 30 minutes long).

• Upvote 1

BFF Donor

It was interesting, thanks for posting it!

I like the way these guys report without arrogance or forcing the viewer to see their opinions. I always shake my head when I see a thermal video using an older or lower end camera because that's all typical researchers can afford. It's too bad that there wasn't better funding for field research like this so it doesn't always come out of their own pockets. Maybe even a loaner program by FLIR or other manufacturers.

That is pretty clear and among the best thermal footage I've seen. They seem genuine but who knows.........

Clearly not a bear or anything like that so it's either a couple of people hoaxing or a pair of apelike creature. Can't really be anything else.

Very nice find thank you! :)

BFF Donor
Posted (edited)

Thanks for sharing.

Very intriguing thermal imager video captured indeed. 

I look forward to see their 2nd visit to do size comparisons at same location.

I am curious to know what thermal imager they used that sent the video image via Wifi to their smart phone?

Those of us who have the older FLIR units have to download the video to a laptop or desktop via a cable in order to review it.

I usually won't know what I captured until I get home and download video to my desktop and the use the VLC Media Player software to review hours (or days) of video.

Many folks in BFRO bring laptops and download their FLIR unit's video on the field so that they can review during daytime.

Technology just keeps improving and making field research more efficient and effective.

Edited to share that after looking at the video again, noticed that the Thermal Imager they used with Wifi capability is a Guide brand.

I am not familiar with these, but below is a link to the Guide description on a unit similar to what they used.  I am not sure if this is the same.

https://www.guideir.com/product/detail/id/48.html

Edited by Explorer
  • Upvote 1

Admin

I finally got to watch it last night and while short, it does seem to be high quality. Yeah, I like those guys too. You can tell they are having fun while doing their research. 

Of course, being IR, no real details to be made out, but the one that is bending down, clearly has, at least in my mind, a classic BF shape. Not sure one can really hoax an IR imager. Also, I thought it interesting when they made the observations of the sticks in the ground not being natural. 

I think they showed an image of the old and the new unit, so I would have to go back and see if I could determine what it was from the photo. I do not think they mentioned brand or model for either.

Thanks for posting that VAfooter, most interesting thing I have seen in a couple of years now.

I enjoyed that, the flir footage is almost as good as the Stacey Brown image.

BFF Donor

The AYR group posted another YouTube video with the analysis of the thermal image video with estimates of height.

It also includes another FLIR image captured in the Holly Springs National Forest in Mississippi and it looks outstanding.

On the link below go to 15 min mark, where they show this other image capture.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Admin

If I am not mistaken, Dean was a member on here at one time. I do not recall his member name, and I am unaware if his account is still active.

BFF Donor

Oh yeah, now that's what I'm talking about! But who can afford $30K for a FLIR?

FLIR_Bgfoot1.jpg

BFF Donor

Here are some words from the taker of the thermal imaging above; Angela Aston. The gap between discovery and technology is closing bit by bit.

Also worthy of noting, this was up on a hill and it appeared that there was a faint heat signature to the right where the subject had been lying down prior to my arrival on the scene. When I located the subjects in my FLIR monitor, they appeared to be crouching or sitting and quickly jumped to their feet before the other one ran off at an incredible rate of speed and left this one behind.

I don't get how a 7-8' 600+ pound anything can move in those woods at night without making a sound.  It is nothing but leaves, brush, and thorns.

BFF Donor

I sent a message to AYR with a suggestion. If they go back to Stickland at some future date and find more sticks stuck in the ground, I suggested that they remove them and place them in a neat pile close by. And then, stick some of their own sticks into the ground in the same area to see what happens.

BFF Donor

I am surprised that the research that Angela Ashton has been doing in the southeast has not been discussed in BFF.

I searched BFF but could not find any reference to her work.

It is not clear when that FLIR photo was taken and the full background story.

I will like to know more.

Maybe it has been discussed in her Southern Sasquatch Expeditions Facebook page but I am not a member of Facebook.

Angela is also a member of the Olympic project.

The link below shows her biography.

https://www.olympicproject.com/member/angela-ashton/

The Facebook link below is for Southern Sasquatch Expeditions (her research group).

https://www.facebook.com/southernsasquatchexpeditions/

Admin

Some interesting videos on their FB page.