The First Americans

Incorrigible1

Haven't been able to watch it yet but thank you very much in advance.    It is a topic that captivates me.

MIB

The video explains how Clovis culture is identified by their nearly unique "overflake" style of constructing their stone points. It's similar to the Solutrean manufactured ;oints, and those people lived in southern France / northern Spain.

I've always liked this video and reasoning. Fascinating topic!

@Incorrigible1, I hope you don't mind the addition. I'm looking forward to watching your video, but I've got to get to work now!

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

On 5/11/2021 at 8:18 AM, Incorrigible1 said:

Found these in my back yard a few years ago.  Amazing how closely the bottom one resembles the one on top of the UK.  You can see that the tip is broken off but the haft is still in place.

arrowhead.jpg

• Upvote 1

Since he brought up how this extra haplotype was prevalent in areas like nova scotia and ontario, both kinda near newfoundland where people like leif erikson landed, maybe the natives encountered these middle age era europeans and some "intermingling" occured, not sure if that was covered or proposed in the video but i would see it as the most viable explanation.

2 hours ago, Camper said:

Since he brought up how this extra haplotype was prevalent in areas like nova scotia and ontario, both kinda near newfoundland where people like leif erikson landed, maybe the natives encountered these middle age era europeans and some "intermingling" occured, not sure if that was covered or proposed in the video but i would see it as the most viable explanation.

Yes, but no, it’s much much older. 

Here is the theory.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

An unexpected discovery by an Iowa State University researcher suggests that the first humans may have arrived in North America more than 30,000 years ago - nearly 20,000 years earlier than originally thought

https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2021/06/new-evidence-may-change-timeline-for.html?spref=fb&m=1&fbclid=IwAR1OCTnyLxaELHWwU4p_AvrEfQ4AXjGypXSGzTNSC2Q-fjO8lg2QsF9oTt4

• Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...

Have Graham Hancock theories been mentioned? He believes there was an advanced civilization in the Americas of unknown origin that preceded indigenous people, wiped out by climate change from a comet strike. I'm not buying it but he has done a good job of selling his beliefs to audiences with thin to no evidence. 

I believe he is on the right track..  some cuts in mountains look so machine made .. like ancient mining operations have happened , not like within the last 150 years but 50,000 years ago ? IDK.. they sure don't look like rain and wind did them and way to huge for what equipment we have ...  the wife thinks I'm wrong, but she always thinks I'm wrong 

• 4 weeks later...

Now that Clovis isn't the oldest site all bets are off. Archaeology in north America has a lot of untapped areas worth a look.