Touched by a Bigfoot

Explorer

There are numerous reports whereas a witness claims that he/she has been touched by a BF.

I don’t have the statistics on the % of reports with that claim, but my guess is between 1 and 10 per thousand reports (0.1% to 1%).

Of the reports that I have read and heard from radio interviews and eyewitnesses, most of them occur while the witness is lying on his sleeping bag inside the tent. The BF hand either goes inside the tent or touches the witness by pressing the tent down.  I have read other cases whereas witness is touched when the BF reaches through a car, RV, or house window.

Nonetheless, the cases that really intrigue me are those that occur in day light and the witness is touched and lifted by a BF. These are rarer.

This year I have heard a least 2 reports of a sasquatch lifting a person: one in Sasquatch Chronicles and one in How-to-Hunt.

A recent report was on a man who was hiking on the east side of Bottle Lake (in Nova Scotia) to go fishing, when a BF approached him from his back, lifted him by grabbing his backpack, and dropped him on the ground. He turned around a saw a BF right in front of him and he ran all the way back to the truck (about 1-2 miles away).  After this incident, he never went back to the forest and moved to the city. The interview was with his fishing buddy who was on the west side of the lake and also had BF encounters that day, but not as traumatizing.

The radio interview link is shown below (for SC members only).

https://sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep752-terror-in-nova-scotia-members/

The interview summary for non-members is below.

https://sasquatchchronicles.com/upcoming-show-terror-in-nova-scotia/

The other report (read by Steve Isdahl in his How to Hunt YouTube channel) was of a kid who was hiking with school class in the Des Plaines Dolomite Prairies Land and Water Reserve (Illinois) in the 70’s.  He stayed behind his group because he was attracted by a turtle on the trail.  Then he was startled by a BF approaching him from the woods.  It moaned/cried loudly, approached him, grabbed him his two armpits and lifted him to its same eye level.  The kid passed out and woke up with his pants soiled and got into trouble with school for being late to the bus.  This kid also suffered PTSD over his lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Qnan05ixY

I always find the touching reports to be very intriguing and insightful into the nature of BF. 

On the two cases where the witnesses were lifted, the BF creature obviously did not intend to harm or kill them but could easily have killed them.  It shows that these creatures are not really wild animals but more human and inquisitive. 

Others have suggested that the BF behavior of touching unaware humans is similar to the native American idea of counting coup.

The counting coup idea makes sense for those cases where the people are inside their tents, cars or houses and the BF simply touches them and then leaves.  These incidents leave the witness in total shock and the BF counting coup.

The lifting of a witness, however, seems like a totally different goal. In the case of the fisherman from Nova Scotia, it was a clear warning to leave the area.  In the case of the kid from Chicago, it was even more bizarre and psychological (given the desire to see the kid eye to eye level).  Who knows, maybe it was a female sasquatch who was interested in this human kid?

What else can we learn from these and other cases?

Definition/Explanation of Counting Coup from Wikipedia:

Counting coup refers to the winning of prestige in battle by the Plains Indians of North America. Warriors won prestige by acts of courage in the face of the enemy. Any blow struck against the enemy counted as a coup.

Counting coup could be with a hand, any part of the body, or with an object. The most prestigious act was to touch or strike an enemy warrior, leave him alive, then escaping unharmed. Touching the first enemy to die in battle or touching the enemy's defensive works also counted as coup. Counting coup could also involve stealing an enemy's weapons or horses tied up to his lodge in camp. Risk of injury or death was required to count coup. After a battle or exploit, the people of a tribe would gather together to recount their acts of bravery and "count coup." Coups were recorded in some tribes by putting notches (cut marks) in a coup stick. A coup stick was often a willow rod with a feather on the end. But coup could be counted with any object.

• Upvote 2

Admin

The online summary of the NS incident does not indicate a touching moment, I guess it does on the podcast? The witness did mention that he was hit by a rock. Nova Scotia has very few BF reports so this is a very interesting one. 

In the podcast, is there any more detail as to where Bottle (Neck) Lake is? Looking at the maps, the only one I found was just outside of Halifax, and part of a golf course community. It was also significantly smaller than what is described in the summary. Also, the Wiki list of lakes in NS only has one "Bottle" Lake; the aforementioned golf course lake. I realize that there can be multiple lakes named the same or have an officially unnamed lake be known locally as Bottle Neck Lake, so just wondering if there was more info on the location?

Spent almost two weeks in NS back in 2010 on a vacation, very beautiful countryside there. And yes, there are some very squatchy looking areas in the province. There are parts that seem very similar to the PNW based on the pictures that I have seen of that region.

The Bigfoot Outlaws claimed that a large male picked up on of their teammates and carried him over its shoulder for a few yards.  This supposedly happened in plain sight of at least a few of the other members.

According to the story, the guy being carried pulled out his pistol and let a round off next to this thing’s ear...causing it to drop him and run off.  The guy apparently dusted himself off and went back to ‘squatchin’.   

No big deal.  Just another day at the office.

11 hours ago, Explorer said:

On the two cases where the witnesses were lifted, the BF creature obviously did not intend to harm or kill them but could easily have killed them.  It shows that these creatures are not really wild animals but more human and inquisitive. 

As far as this quote goes, my boy Harambe would beg to differ.

image.thumb.png.806a934f9f074563e205e1045d80ef2a.png

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

2 hours ago, VAfooter said:

The online summary of the NS incident does not indicate a touching moment, I guess it does on the podcast? The witness did mention that he was hit by a rock. Nova Scotia has very few BF reports so this is a very interesting one. 

In the podcast, is there any more detail as to where Bottle (Neck) Lake is? Looking at the maps, the only one I found was just outside of Halifax, and part of a golf course community. It was also significantly smaller than what is described in the summary. Also, the Wiki list of lakes in NS only has one "Bottle" Lake; the aforementioned golf course lake. I realize that there can be multiple lakes named the same or have an officially unnamed lake be known locally as Bottle Neck Lake, so just wondering if there was more info on the location?

Spent almost two weeks in NS back in 2010 on a vacation, very beautiful countryside there. And yes, there are some very squatchy looking areas in the province. There are parts that seem very similar to the PNW based on the pictures that I have seen of that region.

The incident where the guy was lifted happened to his fishing buddy (John) who was on the other side of the lake.  That was reported on the podcast and not on the summary.

The witness did not provide a lot of information on exactly where this happened.  He mentioned that it was in a Sanctuary (the local term for a Wilderness Area).

I found 2 lakes called Bottle Lake but no lakes called Bottleneck Lake in my Gaia GPS mapping software.

However, the witness said that this was a small lake with max width of 250 yards.

2 minutes ago, Explorer said:

The incident where the guy was lifted happened to his fishing buddy (John) who was on the other side of the lake.  That was reported on the podcast and not on the summary.

The witness did not provide a lot of information on exactly where this happened.  He mentioned that it was in a Sanctuary (the local term for a Wilderness Area).

I found 2 lakes called Bottle Lake but no lakes called Bottleneck Lake in my Gaia GPS mapping software.

However, the witness said that this was a small lake with max width of 250 yards.

Is this the guy who was injured and ended up in the hospital?  The witness was also on that Cryptid Brothers podcast ?

I might be mixing up two different encounters.

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

As far as this quote goes, my boy Harambe would beg to differ.

image.thumb.png.806a934f9f074563e205e1045d80ef2a.png

BRB,

Yes, I thought about that example and remembered it, but that is different than lifting a boy by its armpits to eye level and looking into him deeply. 

Maybe I am reading too much into this incident, but that shows more intelligence and inquisitiveness.

Rather than playing with a small human.

6 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Is this the guy who was injured and ended up in the hospital?  The witness was also on that Cryptid Brothers podcast ?

I might be mixing up two different encounters.

The guy who was lifted was not injured.

Only his psyche was injured, since he moved to the city and never went back outdoors (according to his friend who was interviewed).

Edited by Explorer
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Explorer said:

BRB,

Yes, I thought about that example and remembered it, but that is different than lifting a boy by its armpits to eye level and looking into him deeply. 

Maybe I am reading too much into this incident, but that shows more intelligence and inquisitiveness.

Rather than playing with a small human.

The guy who was lifted was not injured.

Only his psyche was injured, since he moved to the city and never went back outdoors (according to his friend who was interviewed).

I heard ‘fishing buddy’ and half remembered an account were one of the men was picked up but ended up being hospitalized.  

I will give the podcast you linked a listen.  I probably heard it when it came out, but there are so many episodes nowadays they blend together.

SSR Team
On 5/12/2021 at 4:06 AM, Explorer said:

The other report (read by Steve Isdahl in his How to Hunt YouTube channel) was of a kid who was hiking with school class in the Des Plaines Dolomite Prairies Land and Water Reserve (Illinois) in the 70’s.  He stayed behind his group because he was attracted by a turtle on the trail.  Then he was startled by a BF approaching him from the woods.  It moaned/cried loudly, approached him, grabbed him his two armpits and lifted him to its same eye level.  The kid passed out and woke up with his pants soiled and got into trouble with school for being late to the bus.  This kid also suffered PTSD over his lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

I saw this the other day and immediately it set something off in my head. Does anyone know if he had told this story previously or did we even have the guy come on here to tell of the appearance maybe, or is it a BFRO report ?

I had definitely 100% heard it somewhere else prior to the ever so eloquent Mr Isdahl recounting it recently ! 

2 hours ago, BobbyO said:

I saw this the other day and immediately it set something off in my head. Does anyone know if he had told this story previously or did we even have the guy come on here to tell of the appearance maybe, or is it a BFRO report ?

I had definitely 100% heard it somewhere else prior to the ever so eloquent Mr Isdahl recounting it recently ! 

BobbyO,

Steve Isdahl wrote on his YouTube channel that he would post the same video/story repeatedly every month because he felt it was very important.

However, I think he has posted it previously ~3 and ~6 months ago.  Not quite every month.

I heard it for the first time last year, and I believe that he also included it in his book.

I don't know if the eyewitness (John Black) has written to BFRO or not.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Thanks for clarifying Explorer ! ;)

Bob Gymlan has a video on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ctJXle7pgM

In this encounter the bigfoot enters a tent and hovers over a sleeping teenager and sort of crouches over and touches him for a while before running off. It's a pretty strange report but I guess it's not unheard of. It fits in with the OP's statement.

Admin

Sort of reminds me of the OK incident where the BF entered the cabin and stood over the sleeping girl. Then touched her head gear for her braces. The girl in the lower bunk was also awake and confirmed the incident the next morning. The room was full of sleeping girls at summer camp.

19 hours ago, sasquatchfan said:

Bob Gymlan has a video on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ctJXle7pgM

In this encounter the bigfoot enters a tent and hovers over a sleeping teenager and sort of crouches over and touches him for a while before running off. It's a pretty strange report but I guess it's not unheard of. It fits in with the OP's statement.

After watching this, it will take a while for me to sleep in a tent again.

22 hours ago, VAfooter said:

Sort of reminds me of the OK incident where the BF entered the cabin and stood over the sleeping girl. Then touched her head gear for her braces. The girl in the lower bunk was also awake and confirmed the incident the next morning. The room was full of sleeping girls at summer camp.

Ah yes. Such a cute and curious bigfoot.