Archaeological Methodology

Wooly Booger

Should archaeology be used to discover Bigfoot remains?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

where sudden environmental shifts occured upheaving layers of sediment very capable of preserving remains for millions of years. 

The geology of Washington State is 'chaos'. Entire mountains have been upheaved in the distant past. The Mt. Baker area has Jurassic era rock and fossils of palm fronds are not rare  ( no amber ). There is 'Hannegan Pass' area by Mt. Baker. Millions of years ago, the area experienced a 'double caldera trap door collapse'. The collapses were separated by millions of years but the scale and magnitude are shocking.  Further south in eastern Washington, one can find fossils just off of the Old Blewett Pass highway. The acidic soils eat up organic materials very quickly.

Water events have shaped Eastern Washington. Glacial Lake Outburst series occurred regularly. 'Wash-rinse-repeat' happened until the glaciers were gone. The volume of water released is difficult to comprehend. A lot of history was washed out into the ocean.

Mother nature has hammed Washington. My research for mineral prospecting has taught me a lot. So much area to explore and so little time.

( if you want to hike to Hannegan Pass, you go first. I will wait at the trailhead. Don't worry it is safe.)

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

Archaeological methodology has potential but very few of us have proper training.

How about botany?  For thousands of years, Chinese miners searched for gold by associating certain plants that thrive in areas of high copper abundance ( Copper always has gold. Always. Find copper and you have gold ).The prospecting was called 'geo-botanical prospecting' or something similar. They used the method in China and America.

Botanical associations of decomposing humans / animals is being researched as a forensic method to find bodies. One of those 'body farms' in the Southeast is doing the research. When a dead human / animal starts to decay, there is a burst on nutrients that are released. Soil and rainfall affect the release rate. There may be an explosive growth pattern / atypical vegetation in the cadaver area. Consider dog poop on your lawn. First the spot is 'burned' and then recovers with growth.

We see broken branches, broken ferns, matted down vegetation. Cadaver growth blooms would be expected to be short term  / seasonal but we need to be on the look out for 'weird vegetation'.

11 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

I actually had some hands on training by a local Archiologist/Paleontologist over the last two years and I got to clean the remains of a T-Rex from the Hell Creek Formation. It was pretty wild, and yes I kept a fragment from the first bone I exposed to the sunlight!  That said, much of what we call "historic" sasquatch areas really havent changed much in the last 12,500-15,000 years. Those areas were then, and are still today, largely desidious. Desiduious forest is notoriously bad for preservation, not only due to scavengers but also the acidic nature of the forest floor breaking down minerals at an accelerated rate. Your best locations for these types of remains would be areas that were once desiduious and have become more arrid for one reason or another. Ritualistic burrried remains, would have to have some sort of care given to them to keep the earth from reclaiming them as well, we have a working theory that the "giants" found in the Adena mounds were likely sasquatch, so burial mounds would be a good place to look but they are fervently protected, typically by federal law but in some cases local. So thats another road block. Sites like Mt. st. helen though I could see being very promising where sudden environmental shifts occured upheaving layers of sediment very capable of preserving remains for millions of years. 

Excellent advice.  Thank you.  I am not familiar with the Adena mounds, but I will certainly look into them.  There are many burial mounds, particularly in the Mid-West with legends of giant remains being discovered.  Bigfoot area still reported from the area, particularly in Ohio with the Grassman reports.  There may be a link between Bigfoot and the ancient burial mounds in the region.  I do have archaeological training (two Masters Degrees and certified field school completion) and am poised to get into an archaeology PhD program.  After I am fully certified I will certainly seek federal and tribal permission to excavate these burial mounds, and will also search for potential locations in the Mount St. Helens area.  Caves will be a good place to search as well, as archaeological surveying techniques could prove useful there without a fully fledged excavation.  That will be another promising place to investigate.  

10 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Archaeological methodology has potential but very few of us have proper training.

I do.  And will certainly take up the torch.  Archaeology has great potential, and should be used in tandem with other methods such as tracking and DNA. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

Some info on where "necrobiome" research science is at: https://www.wired.com/story/could-a-tree-signal-if-a-corpse-is-decaying/

In addition to impacting grasses and shrubs, there is a possibility of influencing 'communication in trees'. One would need a keen eye in their research area for slight changes in a changing seasonal environment. There are devices called 'plant stress detection glasses' used by gardeners and pot growers. The verdict is not in on these special glasses. They usually sell for less than $100. Scanning with stress detection glasses would require a huge amount of time.

On 5/17/2021 at 11:25 PM, Catmandoo said:

How about botany?  For thousands of years, Chinese miners searched for gold by associating certain plants that thrive in areas of high copper abundance ( Copper always has gold. Always. Find copper and you have gold ).The prospecting was called 'geo-botanical prospecting' or something similar. They used the method in China and America.

Botanical associations of decomposing humans / animals is being researched as a forensic method to find bodies. One of those 'body farms' in the Southeast is doing the research. When a dead human / animal starts to decay, there is a burst on nutrients that are released. Soil and rainfall affect the release rate. There may be an explosive growth pattern / atypical vegetation in the cadaver area. Consider dog poop on your lawn. First the spot is 'burned' and then recovers with growth.

We see broken branches, broken ferns, matted down vegetation. Cadaver growth blooms would be expected to be short term  / seasonal but we need to be on the look out for 'weird vegetation'.

My corpse would kill everything within a 10 foot radius....

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, norseman said:

My corpse would kill everything within a 10 foot radius....

Lol!

It would look like a small scale Tunguska Event...

image.png.9951434af03388dd00eb25a86fbb244e.png

• Haha 1