Energy in the woods - weird product

NorthWind

I usually have coffee with me on a daily basis. Love it in the woods, too (it always tastes better).

Last weekend, @Madison5716 turned me on to this product...

As strange as it seems, it's really good! Less sweet than a regular coke, and yes, it has caffeine. Completely different than anything I have tasted before. But I give it a thumbs up. 

20210515_143444.jpg

It is over $2 a can.   ?????  Clever gimmick.  Cost, volume and weight is not good.   Not for me, I have to buy premium grade gas.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

I love my coffee and have to have to have it. One cup and I am good all day. Being that I am diabetic I have to watch the stuff I drink and eat. So sugar is my enemy.

12oz never leaked in 8yrs Zojirushi, filled w/strong iced coffee(seasonally), I don't leave the house without it. If I do, I go back. And agreed, coffee in the woods, not much finer.

OH, YES!! on the coffee in the woods :) Got a 16 oz. leak proof Stanley Thermos leak that keeps the stuff hot for over four hours. And it IS leak proof and stainless steel with a press button. As far as how MUCH I like it? It's running neck and neck with my FLIR, LOL......but not my truck ;)

Interesting product, thanks for sharing.

I don't drink coffee .. or soda .. or anything else other than water in the woods.   Ok in the car, but once I'm in the woods, I drink water, preferably ice cold found and filtered on site.    That's just how I roll ...

MIB 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, water only on a hike. Maybe Gatorade powder if I have been sweating a lot. Hydration, and all. Especially with my surgically shortened digestive tract.

But hey, this stuff's not bad as a treat! Energy drinks have too much sugar for my palate usually. I don't drink a lot of soda though (or pop, if that's what they call it in your neck of the woods). 

Anyway, if you're so inclined, give it a go.

If you need a blast from the past, then 'Jolt Cola' is the way to go if you can find it ( you will need an insulin chaser ).  "Jolt Cola,  All the sugar and twice the caffeine". The original American energy drink.  Red Bull is ginseng and ginseng is the component in radiator / block leak stoppage goops.

• 2 months later...

I really wanted to like this, Death Wish Coffee, but i don't.

20210728_103348.jpg

Best contender for instant coffee us still Alpine Start, at REI:

20210728_104436.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

I'd prefer not to! I'm gonna dig out my camping espresso maker or experiment with adding coffee to coffee filters and tying them closed so they're like a tea bag, but with coffee. Or just do cowboy coffee and maybe filter it - lay a bandana or filter in first, add boiling water and then pull out the bandana/filter. Coffee is too important to mess it up, LOL. I'd only drink instant if it was an emergency OR I felt a migraine hovering. Then, I'll do anything to avoid that!

And if I'm car camping? Full on french press. Only way to go.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

Brewed coffee with Irish creme for me in camp in the morning. Water in the afternoon. Then Fireball and water in the evening, unless I'm ice fishing. Then it's hot buttered rum......

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Brewed coffee with Irish creme for me in camp in the morning. Water in the afternoon. Then Fireball and water in the evening, unless I'm ice fishing. Then it's hot buttered rum......

Man after my own heart. Diabetes has put a damper on things.