Energy in the woods - weird product

NorthWind

When I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 1981 a couple of weeks after turning 30, all of the effective Rx's were tough on the stomach and 40 years later dietary discretion is necessary. The only way coffee is on the menu is heavily dosed with buffers like non-dairy creamer. After my second hip replacement in 2002 I developed fibromyalgia (auto-immune conditions run in the family) and caffeine in high concentrations became necessary to any kind of semi-normal functions. Low or no sugar Rockstar energy drink became my best friend and my Rheumatologist gave it a thumbs up. These days my morning starts with the lemonade flavor hydration formula, 140 mg of caffeine and 25 calories per 16 oz. can with a minuscule bit of sugar, lots of B vitamins and other things that support liver function like milk thistle root. It actually tastes like lemonade and mixed 50/50 with iced tea is quite tasty on hot summer afternoons. When the barometer drops like a rock as it did around noon today, causing my fibro to flare, chugging one of their Pure Zero flavors with 240 mg of caffeine and no carbs whatever helps me get moving again. In the days before fibromyalgia, that much caffeine would have kept me climbing the walls for hours, now it just allows me to get off my behind and focus on a project. I tried a Red Bull once and poured the balance down the sink.

• Upvote 1

Airdale, have you tried "NOS' beverages?  I used to work with a guy who had to have NOS to function.  As for Red Bull, that is ginseng which is good for radiator / engine block leaks.

5 hours ago, norseman said:

.........Diabetes has put a damper on things.

Sorry to read that. I have to water the Fireball down a lot. It's almost a syrup, and really sweet. It makes a good evening nightcap.

7 hours ago, Huntster said:

Sorry to read that. I have to water the Fireball down a lot. It's almost a syrup, and really sweet. It makes a good evening nightcap.

I absolutely love to drop it into a Apple hard cider!

Nothing beats a good old fashioned dark roast. Black with no cream or sugar. Without which my wife insists I'm a grumpy old troll lol. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Airdale said:

Low or no sugar Rockstar energy drink became my best friend and my Rheumatologist gave it a thumbs

I'm gonna try one. My anti-cancer meds make all my joints ache, and I feel like a 90-year old woman. 

4 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

Nothing beats a good old fashioned dark roast. Black with no cream or sugar.

That's my drink of choice, with a French press. Yum.

Edited by Madison5716

23 hours ago, norseman said:

I absolutely love to drop it into a Apple hard cider!

Dang! Why didn't I think of that? Sounds good!

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2021 at 1:30 AM, Huntster said:

Have you ever seen those Fireball machines that chill each shot?  You ought to see the buildup those things get…like cinnamon scented rock candy.  Seems like it is pure crystallized sugar.  

49 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Have you ever seen those Fireball machines that chill each shot?  You ought to see the buildup those things get…like cinnamon scented rock candy.  Seems like it is pure crystallized sugar.  

What?! That could be perfect for a camper lacking refrigeration! But it must still be able to be watered down. Fireball IS a syrup, AFAIC. I

12 minutes ago, Huntster said:

What?! That could be perfect for a camper lacking refrigeration! But it must still be able to be watered down. Fireball IS a syrup, AFAIC. I

image.png.28e8e1f8118935778e14b8a9549a1536.png

On 8/1/2021 at 12:23 PM, Wooly Booger said:

Nothing beats a good old fashioned dark roast. Black with no cream or sugar.

Totally agree!

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2021 at 9:34 AM, NorthWind said:

I usually have coffee with me on a daily basis. Love it in the woods, too (it always tastes better).

Last weekend, @Madison5716 turned me on to this product...

As strange as it seems, it's really good! Less sweet than a regular coke, and yes, it has caffeine. Completely different than anything I have tasted before. But I give it a thumbs up. 

Was part of the product testing for that stuff. I don't drink much in the way of soda but the balance with the coffee was quite good. Really surprised me.

• Upvote 1