Ohio DNR Bigfoot series

norseman

@Huntster so, just a heads up im DNR, we actually are all of those things you mentioned in a lot of states. I know for a fact in WV we not only deal with land but also wildlife or furs and feathers as you call them. (I know cause im one of the wildlife guys lol) most of the folks here have biology degrees too, its a preferred degree even for the law enforcement division, they just go to Academy to get their LEO certs.

@norseman by what I've gathered meeting the naturalist in the video he's a lot less skeptical than the videos put on. He goes to all the BF conventions in the region, thats where we ran into each other after seeing some pins on each others gear that were almost exclusive to what we do for a living. We can't go out on video in official attire and say things about BF without getting some backlash. I was hired knowing my bg in bigfoot research and that a lot of folks would recognize me from various appearances on screen.  your initial assessment of the videos being made to head off questions is probably correct, they let me field questions openly I just cant initialize the topic. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 2:58 AM, norseman said:

I think the Ohio DNR run the state parks. And this series seems to be aimed at visitors of those parks. I got the impression the state naturalist is a skeptic, but fields tons and tons of Bigfoot questions each season. So maybe this is just his way of heading people off at the pass?

Very nice videos thank you! 👍

The guy giving the presentation is very even handed and pretty knowledgeable to be fair, describes himself as a sceptic but has a collection of footprints and things and seems genuinely interested in finding out more about the mystery. It is interesting that an official department would make such a well thought out series of videos though.......... I wouldn't say there's any ulterior motive really from his demeanor or presentation.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1