Prized Bigfoot Possessions...

CelticKevin

Out of curiosity, assuming most here have a collection of Squatch evidence they've collected, memorabilia, books, etc....what do you consider the "star of your show"? What are you proudest of and show off the most or holds the most sentimental value?

I have a footprint casting and a hand print casting that I have on display in my office. Also, I have the hardcover "Sasquatch: The Apes Among Us" 1st printing that was in our school library and was the book i rented out all the time. Unbelievably, a friend picked it up for me at a used book sale at the library for something like 50 cents. Priceless to me.

• Upvote 2

It was a dark and stormy night, and I'd been tracking bigfoot for three days. I had finally stalked him close enough to raise my camera and try for a shot!

Alas, he vanished (cloaked?), and I was left empty handed. Or was I? The creature had dropped something!

It has become my most cherished piece of bigfoot paraphernalia.

20210605_220833.jpg

• Haha 2

I've got a PG Film site cast signed by Bob, I show that one off a lot. I've also got a decent cast collection, the red,blue,yellow John Green books, and a bunch of other hard to find books, but my prized possession is probably a squatch stick i got from Glenn Adkins. Its signed by a bunch of researchers and all of my friends ive hit the woods with over the years. I never use that one, it just travels with me and collects memories.

• Upvote 1

John Green, Sasquatch: Apes Among Us, 1978 Hancock House, first edition, first printing, hardcover with dust jacket, signed by the author.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, hiflier said:

John Green, Sasquatch: Apes Among Us, 1978 Hancock House, first edition, first printing, hardcover with dust jacket, signed by the author.

Nice! I'd love it if mine were signed by Mr. Green.

Footprint casts from the PG site, 2nd generation, from the late Bill Miller (BigfootHunter), and a placemat from the Sasquatch Inn, at Harrison Mills, B.C., signed by John Green, Bob Gimlin, and about 10 other researchers at a very memorable lunch I attended, as well as several of Thomas Steenburg's tomes, signed by the author.

• Upvote 1

I treasure my copy of Sasquatch: Apes among us because it also has a good story behind it. When I first became a member here I got wind of John Green's database which used to be on the web. It was in .csv and the old Microsoft Access (2000) format which was difficult to open. I converted it to Excel and began the work of getting the database into chronological order. I thought letting John Green know what I was doing might be a good idea and so contacted a British Columbia Sasquatch group to see if anyone knew him. Of course they did and I asked if they would forward my email to him.

John Green contacted me and said he was thrilled that someone was taking an interest in the data base. We corresponded a few more times during which I found my copy of his book. I asked if I could send it to him would he be kind enough to sign it and he agreed to. I sent the book along with 20 bucks inside to cover return postage and three weeks later I received the newly signed book back with 10 bucks in change. He was 86 at the time and that's just the kind of guy he was. Sadly, a year and a half later he passed away at age 88. So I treasure this book on many levels.

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Unfortunately I have nothing nearly as cool as a book signed by John Green or actual foot casts from the PGF site. But I do have a creature replica North American Sasquatch action figure on my work desk. But this is no ordinary action figure. It is heavily detailed and based directly upon eyewitness accounts. It is really more of a replica than an action figure 

• Like 1

For folks who like herpetology, ( @skinwalker13?) I have a similar story. Remember the little book series called Golden Nature Guides? I had one on Reptiles and Amphibians I’d asked my dad to buy when I was a little kid in Michigan. I still treasured it in the 1980s when living in Colorado and actually SEEING more of the herps in the book. I met one of authors, Hobart Smith, and had him sign it. He said the other author, Herbert Zim, was still living in Florida. I sent the book to Zim and waited and waited. Thought I’d never see it again. After at least 2 months it arrived in the mail with Herbert Zim’s signature!! 
So — give the young ones in your life a really good book on Bigfoot to plant the seeds.

• Upvote 2

I have nothing but my BFF membership.  There are days I treasure it and days…..well not very day can be perfect!! :biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Memories, sadly they fade each day.  I do have a couple of what I believe to be BF tools but other than rocks they are worthless.

7 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

Unfortunately I have nothing nearly as cool as a book signed by John Green or actual foot casts from the PGF site. But I do have a creature replica North American Sasquatch action figure on my work desk. But this is no ordinary action figure. It is heavily detailed and based directly upon eyewitness accounts. It is really more of a replica than an action figure 

Would love to see a pic!

SSR Team

Well it has to be the memory of the sighting which unfortunately with every year that passes, fades just a little although i don't think it will ever fade enough for me to not recollect in decent detail (fingers crossed).

Other than that, i'd say my Patty cast, i've got the cripple foot casts too but the Patty cast is the one for me..;)

I'm actually of the opinion that the best are on their way though in the future..;)

• Upvote 1