Going into Ely Minnesota next month and...

Marty

Hey everyone, I'll be travelling into Minnesota with some friends next month and it's always felt Squatchy to me, If anything I was planning on doing some laid back nighttime Squatching along the backroads hoping to spot one cross a road, just spending as much time away from the busy areas as possible. This isn't the first time I've been here and I love travelling the backwoods at night because it's so wild. Wondering if there are areas I should check out or avoid, if anyone is willing to offer some advice on what I should do or don't it would be much appreciated.

Thanks you two, much appreciated. I was thinking of getting a dashcam in case something does appear, perhaps something affordable.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty said:

I was thinking of getting a dashcam in case something does appear.......

Or in case something dashes quickly across the road.....hmmm.....is that why they call 'em dash cams? ;)

Edited by hiflier

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Or in case something dashes quickly across the road.....hmmm.....is that why they call 'em dash cams? ;)

hahaha you may be onto something. I was hoping I'd catch a Ghost of a Bigfoot roadkill, that'd certainly be something...do Bigfoots have ghosts? Are all the paranormal Bigfeets just Sasquatch Apparitions? Hard hittin questions. 

If you have time get out into the BWCA. It’s a beautiful place and is the most wild place in the Midwest. If Sasquatch exist and exist in MN that’s the most likely place for them to be. It’s also where I had my only strange encounter. 

• Upvote 2

When in Ely Minnesota, check out Steger Mukluks. Patti Steger has a 'garage sale' event in July for various footwear products.

Pdub has suggested a visit to BWCA. Habitation goes back about 8,000 years. Ancient pictographs and petroglyphs can be found.  Images of 'tricksters' have some similarities to the Dover Demon. Pdub had a strange encounter. Of the trickster kind?

• Upvote 1