Dragon Man...New Hominid Species Discovered

WSA

Exciting news out of China...a man doing labor for the Japanese Occupational forces discovered a skull of a new hominid and kept it secret for 80 years. The skull has more more than a passing similarity to You Know Who.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jun/25/massive-human-head-in-chinese-well-forces-scientists-to-rethink-evolution

Edited by WSA
added link
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Yup. Hid it in his well and only told relatives about it before he died. Some speculation that he didn’t want to reveal that he worked with the Japanese Imperial occupiers. We may speculate how many other undiscovered (to science) hominid fossils are sitting in collections, closets, attics and basements...with those in possession not knowing what they have. 

At times I really do love this weird, mysterious, always surprising world. I think I’ll just see how long I can hang down amongst us, just to see what happens next. 😁

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Interesting that the shoulder and face are assumed to have modern human hair patterns.

I don't believe we know exactly what the hair coverage pattern of Neanderthals was, nor early homo sapiens. Let alone Denisovian or this fella (if he actually is something other than Denisovian).  Please someone correct me if I am incorrect in that.

Edited by Rainshadow
  • Upvote 3

Should also add I've seen a Roadie or two that weren't far off that depiction at concerts back in the 70's!  :D

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Hey, maybe we can use this information to solve for Bigfoot. Nah, stupid idea.

A general observation: You seem.......frustrated.

Is everything ok? Wishing you the best.

• Downvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic

It is an interesting find but also hyped by the media. This is not out of the blue. There are plenty of archaic fossils in Asia that have been known about for many years but not fully studied. Not all of them have been brought out into the public domain like this one.  China still won't talk about the fair skinned, blonde mummies discovered many decades ago. Seems reasonable that there will be a lot of archaic species from the east. Some will be a known homo strain and some unknown.

• Downvote 1

I just found this on another site by accident. I've always assumed the family tree is a big bush with lots of things that haven't been preserved in the fossil record. I find things like this fascinating. 

• Upvote 2

• gigantor unfeatured this topic