Dragon Man...New Hominid Species Discovered

WSA

On 6/26/2021 at 2:59 AM, Airdale said:

As soon as I saw this depiction of a Denisovan it reminded me of the drawings by a man who had an encounter in 2013 on Route 109, the highway between Aberdeen, WA and Ocean Shores, WA, . He slowed down because a deer ran across the road in front of him and he knew another might be right behind it. Instead, a Sasquatch came out of the forest, crossed the road in three strides, then paused on the berm and looked at the driver. It is BFRO report number 42448. When he got to his home in Ocean Shores he made the following drawings. The sun was behind the subject and allowed him to see the actual shape of the head through the hair.

42448a.jpg.7095db6d3efdbc2861e7becbf9dc10c3.jpg42448b.jpg.791422644c4ad35ddc3520ae2ded1d96.jpgE6B36A77-B57F-47A8-8818-970DAB52AFE6.jpeg

@Airdale @Rainshadow I thought the same thing when I saw the Denisovan depiction.  That witness drawing from the BFRO report gives me the best impression of "human, but not human" that I've found.  I'm also skeptical of the hair patterns of these interpretations.  Yes, the long, straight hair falling from a center part, but mostly the lack of body hair.  It seems plausible to me that there would be more hair covering on the body, as that's not something totally nonexistent in homo sapiens.  If these species were living in high altitude, cold conditions, why would they have lost body hair?  Wouldn't the warmth and protection of hair be an advantageous evolutionary feature?  I'll probably never get an answer, but I was glad to see someone else has the same question!

On 6/26/2021 at 1:58 PM, Rainshadow said:

Should also add I've seen a Roadie or two that weren't far off that depiction at concerts back in the 70's!  :D

I was thinking the same 

On 7/5/2021 at 9:39 AM, SCIence said:

@Airdale @Rainshadow I thought the same thing when I saw the Denisovan depiction.  That witness drawing from the BFRO report gives me the best impression of "human, but not human" that I've found.  I'm also skeptical of the hair patterns of these interpretations.  Yes, the long, straight hair falling from a center part, but mostly the lack of body hair.  It seems plausible to me that there would be more hair covering on the body, as that's not something totally nonexistent in homo sapiens.  If these species were living in high altitude, cold conditions, why would they have lost body hair?  Wouldn't the warmth and protection of hair be an advantageous evolutionary feature?  I'll probably never get an answer, but I was glad to see someone else has the same question!

The witness drawings included a third depicting the whole body and it is hair covered. I didn't include it as it was the similarity in facial features that caught my eye. I suspect the artist's rendering from the article was simply in keeping with the "normal cave man" archetype of more primitive features and a hirsute but not totally hair covered body. One of the interesting things mentioned in the BFRO report is that the witness is not a professional artist, yet he provided a detailed image. That leads me to guess that he has eidetic memory; our daughter visualized advanced math formulas like that in high school and engineering school.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 1:35 AM, Airdale said:

That leads me to guess that he has eidetic memory; our daughter visualized advanced math formulas like that in high school and engineering school.

Or he could have also just made it up.

On 6/25/2021 at 4:08 PM, WSA said:

The skull has more more than a passing similarity to You Know Who.

Eh not really. The fossil is more than likely that of a Denisovan and it is probably too small to be a Sasquatch or Bigfoot, whatever you call him.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:52 PM, MonkeMan said:
On 7/7/2021 at 11:35 PM, Airdale said:

That leads me to guess that he has eidetic memory; our daughter visualized advanced math formulas like that in high school and engineering school.

Or he could have also just made it up.

Welcome to the Forums, MonkeMan. In my 70 years I've known a handful of people who made up stories out of whole cloth for personal aggrandizement. There is one common trait each of them, without exception, shared; they wanted their name associated with the story. The one I knew best lived on the same block and everyone in the neighborhood, kids and parents, soon learned not to take him too seriously. He was a nice kid with marvelous parents and above average intelligence, and he committed suicide in his mid-twenties when life finally caught up with him. When you read through any database of Sasquatch reports, it is rare when anything more than a first name is shared. Most folks do not want their identity connected with the topic, believing it likely (rightly so in many cases) they will become the butt of jokes and that their reputation in their community will be negatively impacted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 9:46 PM, WSA said:

Yup. Hid it in his well and only told relatives about it before he died. Some speculation that he didn’t want to reveal that he worked with the Japanese Imperial occupiers. We may speculate how many other undiscovered (to science) hominid fossils are sitting in collections, closets, attics and basements...with those in possession not knowing what they have. 

I bet in many SE Asian markets with the medicinal bone stalls and those curio stalls there's finger, toe bones and teeth of many an unknown or hitherto unverified creature. Someone in the know should definitely take a trip through Vietnam, Bhutan, China, Myanmar and so on and collect a number of samples. There must be thousands of odd bones and relics out there.......... Just getting ground up and used in 'traditional medicines' 😬

Edited by Celtic Raider

• gigantor unfeatured this topic