Bigfoot and heat waves? A youngster gave me his take...

CelticKevin

I lived in Maine for five months. The population hugs the ocean shoreline and rivers. There's a LOT of land up there. Sure would have liked to see more of it. Maine is a beautiful state!

Oregon is riddled with caves. NorthWind and I actually went poking around in some lava tubes last year. We both wonder if sasquatches would make use of hidden caves during the day to cool off and come out only at night. Our sighting was July 5th of last year - the anniversary is tomorrow! - and it was (obviously) a hot July summer night. I hope we can schedule some night trips soon.

However, it's just too tempting to escape the heat way up high in the Cascades and go hiking, too, while checking out remote lakes and other possibilites.

On 6/30/2021 at 2:09 PM, VAfooter said:

This video is highly suspect in my view, but I am willing to be proven wrong....

Agreed. Too convenient. If it were real, and behaved normally, you'd never see it because it would be stock still and look like a tree or stump. 

On 6/30/2021 at 10:01 AM, 7.62 said:

Kiwakwe have you encountered any strong evidence of Sasquatch in New England?

I don't mean wood structures but tracks or maybe a visual of one. I think if they are here Maine would be the place they could stay hidden .

Vermont , New Hampshire is just loaded with hikers , mountain bikers etc.. but Maine still has remote areas few travel in.

I'd consider strong evidence a clear sighting and I've not had one of those. The most compelling I've experienced is a rock thrown.

Without doubt, N ME could hide throngs of them. 5500 sq miles of privately owned working forest with no hiking trails, no atv use and the bugs in Summer are murderous.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Matt M quote:

"I’ve personally heard Sasquatch sounds (knocks, howls, etc.) coming from dense dark cedar thickets in several states. The best one I know of: Use Google Earth measure tool to draw straight line 40 miles due north from intersection of 2 biggest runways at Portland Maine airport."
Edited by JKH

21 hours ago, JKH said:

Matt M quote:

"I’ve personally heard Sasquatch sounds (knocks, howls, etc.) coming from dense dark cedar thickets in several states. The best one I know of: Use Google Earth measure tool to draw straight line 40 miles due north from intersection of 2 biggest runways at Portland Maine airport."

You heard knocks because they were responding to you knocking or just random knocks while out hiking ?

I know it's hard but can you describe the howls? Long where it seemed no human could be making them ?

Thanks

I like hearing that there's a strong possibility there could be Sasquatch living in Maine year round.

I don't know the answers to your questions, sorry. I quoted Matt M from a recent post on twitter. Just recalled there was some talk of Maine in this thread, so thought it might be of interest.

The interesting part of the quote to me is the "dense cedar thickets in several states". I've heard other researchers discuss such habitats, including as shelter in winter, in other regions.

As to the question of could they be in New England, why not? There are reports in New York and other NE states in the database. Unless you don't count NY as NE, some don't, LOL I'm only focusing on NY because that's where I am. 

Western, central and the Adirondacks, hell most of NY is vast forest, like Maine with the population right on the coast, NYs population is largely along the Thruway from NYC to Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, Binghamton etc. But in between? Pretty remote.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2021 at 12:44 PM, JKH said:

Matt M quote:

That would be in Turner, good bit of reported activity there. 

On 8/12/2021 at 4:38 PM, Doodler said:

As to the question of could they be in New England, why not? There are reports in New York and other NE states in the database. Unless you don't count NY as NE, some don't, LOL I'm only focusing on NY because that's where I am. 

Western, central and the Adirondacks, hell most of NY is vast forest, like Maine with the population right on the coast, NYs population is largely along the Thruway from NYC to Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, Binghamton etc. But in between? Pretty remote.

I don't ask the question could they be in x, y, or z anymore. I'm from NYS and your post is accurate, although more rural with patches of remote, IMO.

• Upvote 1