The latest in PGF news

Skinwalker13

Posted (edited)

Not sure if anyone has been following the Reddit forums or FB forums but Rictor "spilled the beans" on an alledged conversation that took place at beach foot (if I recall correctly) a couple years ago with steve kull and Russel Accord where Russ told them there was some scandalous admissions that he filmed and was waiting to release until after Bob had passed. Now, by what I understand, no real details have come out except that kull and rictor know said scandalous information.

To me personally, it doesn't matter one way or another simply becuase there were sightings before and after bluff creek. I had my own sighting that was clear and durring the day of 3 subjects. So its not something that would waver my work or my opinion, however I'm sure it will have dire conciquinces if some kind of information gets dumped that the PGF was a hoax of some sort.

So, what are some of your opinions for conversation sake. Could this be a restart for the community? Or will some kind of admission about the PGF completly destroy any credibility we did have in the eyes of the gen pop? 

Edited to fix some auto correct issues

Edited by Skinwalker13
  • Thanks 1

You beat me to the punch Bill! I was just finishing a post to that effect but you have said it much more effectively and eloquently. Personally, from the time I saw the stills in "Argosy Magazine" as a high school junior, there were never any doubts about it's authenticity.

Hearing this made me wonder if Bob was ill somehow. But even so there's probably better people to confide in than those two. Meldrum, for instance, or anyone in the Olympic project, or Peter Byrne. Plenty of good BF people around to converse with on sensitive subjects.

• Upvote 2

I suspect the Reddit folks are just blowing smoke. Every few years it seems someone comes out with an allegation of hoax with the PGF. None of these have come to anything. Every cry of hoax has in fact been proven to be a hoax itself. 

As many others have said, the film subject in the PGF speaks for itself. Even IF some of the tracks associated with the film site were hoaxed that doesn't mean all of the casts were hoaxed. And it certainly doesn't prove that the film itself was hoaxed. The is also a great deal of difference between the flat bottomed casts, and the casts clearly displaying a mid-tarsal break. Further, these allegations are all hearsay at this point and would be inadmissible in a court of law. None of this information is coming from Bob, neck I wouldn't be surprised if these allegations were all news to him. 

I suspect someone is looking for their 15 minutes of fame. And my money is on Steve Kulls since his entire line of work is in exposing Bigfoot hoaxes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

BFF Donor
3 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

I suspect someone is looking for their 15 minutes of fame. And my money is on Steve Kulls since his entire line of work is in exposing Bigfoot hoaxes. 

That is a funny comment. Some people have short memories.  Check the link.

https://teamechonews.blogspot.com/2013/01/steve-kulls-helps-tom-biscardi-in.html

More than '15 minutes'.  Now where is my load of popcorn.

Another ride on the Merry-go-round.

Bob Heironimus confessions.                                                            = Fail

Kits face melting suit in a glass                                                         = Fail
Squatchy garage crushed suit (dog ate my homework)                  = Fail

X Creatures proof of a hoax                                                              = Fail

You will forgive me if I confidently doubt this hyped story.

If a chef doesn’t want you to eat the soup so instead of making better soup than his competitor he simply spits in the soup so you won’t eat it.  

I predict this will be a even weaker and more clumsy “ Face-melting “ attempt.  I’m 100% open to new information and take no sides here.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Bill--the PGF stands on its own merits.  All of the distractions and undercurrents are nothing but noise and do nothing to dispel what was captured that day on film...and it wasn't a man in a suit.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

But an alternate idea is that maybe something was said that paints Roger in a less favorable light, and that wouldn't surprise me. I don't want to say Roger was a bad man, but his acquaintance with integrity might have been casual at best.

@Bill thats more less what im inclined to think at this point as well. Rictor has fell short of saying exactly what makes this entire conversation "scandalous" which to me, knowing how this individual routinely behaves, means he only has a story in part. Im just curious about all sides of the story at this point, theres a whole lot of "but why" questions I have for these folks. 

(Side bar: huge fan of your work bill, way beyond BF too. Im a practical fx guy/sculptor and knew about your work and background way before I knew you had any intrest in the PGF and bigfoot.)

Unless the admission comes from a taped interview with Bob himself then what ever someone claims to have can be taken with a grain of salt. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall Russell Accord has become Bob G.'s agent of sorts, managing his media and lecture activity. If I'm correct in this recollection, then he has no motive to betray Bob, but some sensational revelation "throwing Roger under the bus" might be plausible. Just idle speculation, but seems a more likely option than a revelation that might hurt Bob.

Skinwalker:

Thanks for the sidebar. Did you do the Megaloceros?

@Bill I didn't work the masters for one but ive actually cleaned up a few Megaloceros copy/reconstruction antlers, spines, and hips for public displays. A good friend of mine owns a museum supply company so ive had the privilege to work on a lot of fossil reconstructions, and displays including a handful of "Sue" skull copies, "black beauty" copies, a couple Tarbosaur, and a few full construction/repair Stegodons. 

You are 100% correct. Russ has been Bob's manager for the last 4-5 years, which is why this entire thing seems very counter intuitive on his part. His current claim is that the conversations did occure with kulls and rictor seperatly but at least one (rictor) is being misconstrued. Kulls, to my knowledge still hasnt said exactly what said conversation was about beyond some scandalous info revolving around the PGF. Currently we are without FULL public statements from the parties involved and were 3 days in. 

Thomas Steenburg is the only person who has released anything just yet aftrr having a conversation with Bob, Tom said that Bob was suprised to hear about what was going on and said no such "confession" of any kind of hoaxing has ever been made by him and that he needed to have a long conversation with Russ to figure out what was going on. Thomas being a long time friend of Bob, said that IF there was anything off about what happened then bob has lied to his face for 25 years streight and he's never felt that was the case. Being a researcher and interviewing people for decades you develop a good read on folks when they are being dishonest. so having that info from Tom now it has seemed to have alleviated some of the concerns at large, but it also has raised a lot of questions about what exactly Russ said to these people to drum up this entire mess to start with. 

• Upvote 1

The fact that they are waiting for Bob to pass before releasing the information is a big red flag.

• Upvote 3

@gigantor not just Bob, but his wife as well. That leaves no one to squabble over licensing for TV, that was the first thing that crossed my mind as a content maker and business owner.