Jump to content

The latest in PGF news


Skinwalker13
 Share

Recommended Posts

I said this a few years ago about the tv show: "don't know who any of them are except "Russell Acord: Author of Footprints of a Legend and Bigfoot and the Tripwire, event coordinator for The International Bigfoot Conference.", which are corny BF fiction and yet another recently started conference, seemingly mostly motivated by avarice and imagination."

The fact that he really latched onto Bob around then also makes me question his motivations. JMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going through the Reddit threads right now, but…let’s look at the 3 people involved so far.  I think that it is putting it mildly that there is a certain desperation for attention going on here.    
 

Rictor has a huge axe to grind with Accord… both politically and over Expedition Bigfoot.  He is also emotionally invested in the idea that Bigfoot isn’t real.  All parties involved are a bit addicted to the limelight.  Accord has screwed over quite a few people over the past few years.

 

From what I understand of the story so far, I just don’t buy it.  I could see Accord’s ego precluding him from keeping this information under wraps, but I don’t see the  other parties egos and desperation for fame allowing them to keep quiet for years themselves.  Also, Accord is a Bigfoot celebrity now.  It seems that anything that would publicly hurt the subject wouldn’t be good business for him.

 

Glancing through Reddit, I saw that Rictor has also made accusations against Stacy Brown recently and claims that his thermal footage isn’t real?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, Bob Gimlin has maintained this story his entire life, but recorded an interview admitting that he is a liar and a hoax so that his name will be forever tarnished after his death?  
 

This just doesn’t make sense.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This is a soap opera.  Apparently Steve Kulls confirmed that Accord made these claims about the PGF.  
 

However, Kulls now is saying that he has spoken to Bob Gimlin and that Bob has denied that any such interview has taken place.

 

From Kulls YouTube video on the subject:

 

Steve has a statement about the latest Patterson/Gimlin Controversy regarding comments made by Rictor Riolo about Russell Acord and a confession made. ** UPDATE** Bob Gimilin has categorically denied saying this to Russell. I believe Bob. **

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2021 at 10:48 AM, Skinwalker13 said:

Not sure if anyone has been following the Reddit forums or FB forums but Rictor "spilled the beans" on an alledged conversation that took place at beach foot (if I recall correctly) a couple years ago with steve kull and Russel Accord where Russ told them there was some scandalous admissions that he filmed and was waiting to release until after Bob had passed.........

 

I suppose we should be expecting those games upon Gimlin's passing. The Beast never relents, and no opportunity to instill doubt will ever be passed by without assault. This very fact strengthens the film's authenticity, AFAIC. 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The film subject is/was a real creature. 

 

One fine day, when I get back to posting here....(as opposed to the other forum I'm posting on)....I will post a few aspects of Patty which simply cannot be created, or duplicated, via a padded suit.  

 

One of those aspects is how the toes on Patty's right foot appear, in two different film frames. The difference in their 'apparent lengths' simply could not have been due to a fake costume foot. Will explain later. 

 

In the meantime....the PGF "hoax" BS continues. 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Huntster said:

 

I suppose we should be expecting those games upon Gimlin's passing. The Beast never relents, and no opportunity to instill doubt will ever be passed by without assault. This very fact strengthens the film's authenticity, AFAIC. 

You better believe that for sure. He's the last living person attached to the film, I give it all of 2 days if that before claims about Bob start coming out of the wood works after his passing about god knows what.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

You better believe that for sure. He's the last living person attached to the film, I give it all of 2 days if that before claims about Bob start coming out of the wood works after his passing about god knows what.

2 days?  
 

You have more faith in human nature than I do.  I give it less than 12 hours before everything goes off the rails.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

2 days?  
 

You have more faith in human nature than I do.  I give it less than 12 hours before everything goes off the rails.

Your probably right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Your probably right

Bob Gimlin seems like a very decent and good man, so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised at how the Bigfoot celebrity community behaves after his passing.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Also, Bob Gimlin has maintained this story his entire life, but recorded an interview admitting that he is a liar and a hoax so that his name will be forever tarnished after his death?  
 

This just doesn’t make sense.

 

This is a soap opera.  Apparently Steve Kulls confirmed that Accord made these claims about the PGF.  
 

However, Kulls now is saying that he has spoken to Bob Gimlin and that Bob has denied that any such interview has taken place.

 

From Kulls YouTube video on the subject:

 

Steve has a statement about the latest Patterson/Gimlin Controversy regarding comments made by Rictor Riolo about Russell Acord and a confession made. ** UPDATE** Bob Gimilin has categorically denied saying this to Russell. I believe Bob. **
 

I am going through the Reddit threads right now, but…let’s look at the 3 people involved so far.  I think that it is putting it mildly that there is a certain desperation for attention going on here.    
 

Rictor has a huge axe to grind with Accord… both politically and over Expedition Bigfoot.  He is also emotionally invested in the idea that Bigfoot isn’t real.  All parties involved are a bit addicted to the limelight.  Accord has screwed over quite a few people over the past few years.

 

From what I understand of the story so far, I just don’t buy it.  I could see Accord’s ego precluding him from keeping this information under wraps, but I don’t see the  other parties egos and desperation for fame allowing them to keep quiet for years themselves.  Also, Accord is a Bigfoot celebrity now.  It seems that anything that would publicly hurt the subject wouldn’t be good business for him.

 

Glancing through Reddit, I saw that Rictor has also made accusations against Stacy Brown recently and claims that his thermal footage isn’t real?

 

 

I have a suspicion what is going on but no proof. Thinking out loud, here is some additional context:

 

1. Rictor loves being the unquestioned top of the heap drama queen in all things bigfoot. That is his version of a social life.

 

2. Rictor's bigfoot videos have a very low viewership. He needs viewers since he considers himself a professional YouTuber (he has a few other channels unrelated to BF)

 

3. Rictor is under the impression that he is a bigfoot celebrity because of a brief appearance on some reality show several years ago that no one really remembers.  He throws his "celebrity status" in everyone's face pretty much constantly.

 

4. Rictor would be just another mistaken mouthpiece but he is a professional level video editor and graphic artist. He has every bigfooter shaking in their boots because one wrong move or statement and he will destroy a reputation with unflattering art and video.  Just ask David Paulides, Steven Streufert, and Steve Isdahl who are just a few folks Rictor torments weekly. He used to just target low hanging fruit like C Wayne and a few others.

 

I suspect Russell threw Rictor a bone with some details that are untrue to throw him off the scent but it ended up having a reverse effect.  I think Russell has Bob's best interests in mind here, there is no hoax, but Russell seems a bit cornered by a misinformation game that he used to keep Rictor off his back. For now, Rictor gives Russell the benefit of the doubt: https://www.deviantart.com/rictor-riolo/art/Bob-Gimlin-s-Manager-Russell-Acord-714806016 

 

There is nothing credible or compelling about any of Rictor's arguments. He's just overboard in his belief that Roger hoaxed the PGF and Bob played along.

 

Looks like Rictor is pushing an agenda forward to gain new viewers for his YT channel.

 

 

 

Edited by Arvedis
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Bob Gimlin seems like a very decent and good man, so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised at how the Bigfoot celebrity community behaves after his passing.  

I think that after he passes Gimlin will still be regarded highly and venerated. He always struck me as an honest fellow. Patterson maybe had a touch of the larceny in him, but i tthink the famous film is genuine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

 

I have a suspicion what is going on but no proof. Thinking out loud, here is some additional context:

 

1. Rictor loves being the unquestioned top of the heap drama queen in all things bigfoot. That is his version of a social life.

 

2. Rictor's bigfoot videos have a very low viewership. He needs viewers since he considers himself a professional YouTuber (he has a few other channels unrelated to BF)

 

3. Rictor is under the impression that he is a bigfoot celebrity because of a brief appearance on some reality show several years ago that no one really remembers.  He throws his "celebrity status" in everyone's face pretty much constantly.

 

4. Rictor would be just another mistaken mouthpiece but he is a professional level video editor and graphic artist. He has every bigfooter shaking in their boots because one wrong move or statement and he will destroy a reputation with unflattering art and video.  Just ask David Paulides, Steven Streufert, and Steve Isdahl who are just a few folks Rictor torments weekly. He used to just target low hanging fruit like C Wayne and a few others.

 

I suspect Russell threw Rictor a bone with some details that are untrue to throw him off the scent but it ended up having a reverse effect.  I think Russell has Bob's best interests in mind here, there is no hoax, but Russell seems a bit cornered by a misinformation game that he used to keep Rictor off his back. For now, Rictor gives Russell the benefit of the doubt: https://www.deviantart.com/rictor-riolo/art/Bob-Gimlin-s-Manager-Russell-Acord-714806016 

 

There is nothing credible or compelling about any of Rictor's arguments. He's just overboard in his belief that Roger hoaxed the PGF and Bob played along.

 

Looks like Rictor is pushing an agenda forward to gain new viewers for his YT channel.

 

 

 

Yeah, for as much effort that he puts into his channel, he really doesn’t have much public reaction.  You can tell that he has a real hunger for fame.

 

This is probably all geared towards gaining more of an audience.  He’s a clout chaser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finally found the right place this topic is being talked about.  I saw the reddit conversation and I have seen rictor post there before so I usually ignore it. I was more interested in why Russell accord would risk telling him anything. If he's the type of person to seek attention on reddit then why would accord make such a bad mistake to trust him with supposedly privileged information?  Doesn't add up and doesn't smell right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...