The latest in PGF news

Skinwalker13

17 minutes ago, ManThing said:

I finally found the right place this topic is being talked about.  I saw the reddit conversation and I have seen rictor post there before so I usually ignore it. I was more interested in why Russell accord would risk telling him anything. If he's the type of person to seek attention on reddit then why would accord make such a bad mistake to trust him with supposedly privileged information?  Doesn't add up and doesn't smell right. 

Agreed, telling rictor anything confidential is a HUGE mistake. Especially if it involves bigfoot. Whatever spurned him on that day he went after two of the most credible snips of footage and claimed he had inside knowledge about both being hoaxes. So not only one but two different admissions told directly to him, knowing who he was, knowing his background and tendencies...im sorry, but if this does come out to be true then the parties involved need to be required to wear helmets the rest of their lives to prevent any further brain damage.

22 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

2 days?  

You have more faith in human nature than I do.  I give it less than 12 hours before everything goes off the rails.

I wouldn't be surprised to see "hoax proofs" coming out of the woodwork, after Bob's passing....such as "revelations", "confessions", and more claims regarding a "Patty suit". 

One thing I have proposed before...(which has some relevance to this potential scenario).....is for Bob Gimlin to make a privately-recorded "deathbed statement", regarding the PGF. The video recording would be for viewing only in the event of an untimely/unexpected passing. (That kind of thing happens fairly often.)

Roger Patterson had the opportunity to make a 'deathbed statement'....but Bob Gimlin may not get such an opportunity.

The benefit to such a privately recorded statement....is that it would negate the "reason" the skeptics/scoftics use for why Bob Gimlin has never made a "confession of a hoax".....they propose that it has been too many years of claiming the film's authenticity, for Bob to face people, and make a "confession".

A totally private video recording....(with nobody present)...only to be viewed after his passing, would obliterate that proposal by the skeptics.  (Bob Gimlin would never have to face anyone while making "a confession of a hoax"....or at any time afterwards.)

• Upvote 1

James Fay made an interesting comment concerning this:

My 1st thought was it's still real footage but Bob knows a confession video is the biggest gift he could leave his children. He could buy all 6 of them a house and college money for the grandkids. If you don't think that video would be worth millions, well, you're very wrong. I know Bob well and he lamented many times that his biggest regret was he wasn't able to leave his kids a substantial estate. He told me many times that was his mission. He'd sacrifice his legacy to give his children life changing inheritances imo. I could even envision after the family gets paid out a 2nd video coming out a few years later where Bob recants the "confession" and says it really is real. Full disclosure, when we 1st started squatchin with Bob in 2004 Paul straight up asked him if it was legit. Bob responded something along the lines that he had made Roger a death bed "Cowboy Promise" about the film and didn't elaborate. That's the only questionable thing I've ever heard him say.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just had to see who this Rictor guy is. Even with the attention he gets from the fallout of this, just looking at him, it does not seem possible anyone can take him seriously. That may seem judgemental but in this case, see for yourself. I feel like burning my clothes and taking a real long shower, despite drought conditions, after five minutes of his YouTube.

Edited by ClayRock
  • Upvote 2

On 7/4/2021 at 1:09 PM, Skinwalker13 said:

You better believe that for sure. He's the last living person attached to the film, I give it all of 2 days if that before claims about Bob start coming out of the wood works after his passing about god knows what.

It makes sense once Bob is not longer around to defend himself (and thus no longer a threat to bring a lawsuit) all kinds of misinformation and outright false things are going to be flying.   

I do know what Gimlin has consistently stated for 50+ years and the film speaks for itself.   Yet, former BFF members making 'face melting' claims are not gone, just gone from the BFF.  They are still out there with their viewpoint, grudges, and misinformation apparatus.  People with that level of passion will become unleashed once Bob is not longer around.   Count on it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

James Fay made an interesting comment concerning this:

My 1st thought was it's still real footage but Bob knows a confession video is the biggest gift he could leave his children. He could buy all 6 of them a house and college money for the grandkids. If you don't think that video would be worth millions, well, you're very wrong. I know Bob well and he lamented many times that his biggest regret was he wasn't able to leave his kids a substantial estate. He told me many times that was his mission. He'd sacrifice his legacy to give his children life changing inheritances imo. I could even envision after the family gets paid out a 2nd video coming out a few years later where Bob recants the "confession" and says it really is real. Full disclosure, when we 1st started squatchin with Bob in 2004 Paul straight up asked him if it was legit. Bob responded something along the lines that he had made Roger a death bed "Cowboy Promise" about the film and didn't elaborate. That's the only questionable thing I've ever heard him say.

What would any confession by worth in any form translating to money?   

Wouldn't any confession be mainly valuable as a 'tell all' book or something while he was alive?    A book tour. sell a lot of books, a Q and A, and maybe even a discovery channel special.      

Some taped confession after he is gone would in my mind be a small hiccup.    '

Guess I am not imaginative enough to see how an after-death confession has any value.   I can see if a confession linked to a how-it-was-done could indeed be something which could cash in. 

The Alien Autopsy was a hoax.   I don't know how much money was made on it while it was being sold/ promoted as possibly being real.  However, I can't imagine a single dime was made by admitting it was a hoax.   Why would the PGF be any diff?

Apart from a living confession and a production/ Tv tour on this "hoax", I just don't see it.   

We had others in the past promise 'confessions' and 'they exist' only to never ever offer these when asked/ challenged.   

Edited by Backdoc
  • Like 1

Robert Kryder posted this on a YouTube comment a couple of days ago:

Ok I just talked to Russell. This bomb is a dud. Here is what Russell had to say and it makes clear this is contempt at least and far from the truth. Russell: "I have a video of Bob talking raw and uncensored about how he and his wife were treated long after the film... that's the reference.. they are selling it as a confession... really disgusting"

At this point, my opinion is that there is no Gimlin confession tape concerning a hoax with the PGF.  

How the incorrect story got started is open to debate, but my only interest in it was due to the possible illegitimacy of the PGF.  Given the egos involved along with the bitterness and toxicity that is constantly put on display by one of them…I don’t think that there is anything that is going to come out concerning the PGF being a hoax.

• Upvote 1

this is typical reddit skullduggery goose chase nonsense.  Steve Kulls and rictor should be added to the hall of shame if there is one.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ManThing said:

this is typical reddit skullduggery goose chase nonsense.  Steve Kulls and rictor should be added to the hall of shame if there is one.

A) Steve Kulls maintains that Hall of Shame.

B) Steve only said anything after his name was brought into it.  It honestly looks like he was told that there was a confession video and said as much.

I will agree that Reddit is a dumpster fire.  A couple of the mods are the worst trolls on there.  One guy is insulting and baiting people left and right.  If they respond, he is bringing up his mod status.  

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

Posted (edited)

Streve Kulls needs to add himself to his own Hall of Shame for the most epic fail of all time Bigfoot history.

Edited by ManThing
  • Upvote 1

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Seems to be no fallout from this. Whoever supported Bob before this, still supports him. No one in the world cares what Steve Kulls or Rictor have to say  I feel cheated out of a Bigfoot internet online brawl.

• Haha 1

Well, this one turned out being a big poof of smoke out there in internet land.  Given the sources I cant say I'm shocked at all really. 

Either way, turned out a pretty decent conversation and we got to put our investigative chops to work on something other than a forest creature AND everyone got along too! Serious question are some of y'all sick? Should we be concerned about anyone here?? 😆

• Haha 1

I saw where Russel Acord posted to his FB a pretty mild response and low key explanation. He was talking about one thing and whoever was doing the listening got it all wrong.

I also saw that Rictor said Acord's response was a smoke screen. He knows what he heard. He' not backing down and I will guess that he will have at least 1 episode of his podcast (with an audience of under 10 people) devoted to it.

For now, I will stick to my belief that Rictor is doing this to jumpstart his woeful podcasts stats. But, I also think Rictor is a smart guy, despite his questionable judgment sometimes. So maybe there is something here. I will keep watching.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

On 7/10/2021 at 8:35 PM, Skinwalker13 said:

Well, this one turned out being a big poof of smoke out there in internet land.  Given the sources I cant say I'm shocked at all really. 

We have 50 years of a taped confession.  It just so happens to be Bob Gimlin confessing the PGF is a real creature in a real encounter.     

There were lots of lawyer shows in the 1980's.  Every one of them seemed to have at least one episode where the lawyer defending someone for murder would pull a courtroom stunt.  They would say the missing murdered person would be walking through the courtroom doors any minute.    The jury would turn to look.  The TV lawyer would shout, "If you turned to look expecting he might walk in then you have Reasonable Doubt they are dead.... you have to find my client not guilty"     This TV silliness essentially sums up what the "I have a hoax confession on tape" nonsense in all those forms.   All they are trying to do is to undermine with no proof those who choose-for reasons of their own- to believe in Bigfoot or the PGF.   Make no mistake about this point:   The main reason this branch of skeptics is doing these things is to troll the believer.  The entire point is to cause the believer pain.   

That's were gleeful terms like 'face-melting' come from.    Why else would someone say they had some evidence (which they never prove they have and never share with anyone) and it will cause 'face melting'   There is almost a get-even tone to it.

I am open to both sides of the PGF controversy.    With claims like this and so many others, we are back to the old Wendy's ad "Where's the beef!"   They never produce any.   

• Like 1