Neanderthal locomotion

norseman

3 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Inquiry is one thing. "finding out" is quite another. My goal is in pursuing the methodology required for securing the finding out part. That, to me, is THEE most important endeavor. I other words, in the on-topic sense, inquiry will only take one so far on the subject of Neanderthal locomotion and then folks move on. Pursuing a methodology that may scientifically address the issue (along with so many others) isn't a bad goal to have as far as time spent. The alternative is a few more decades of hoaxes, scientific inquiry, and discussion

I absolutely agree! I think as a community we should prioritize the ways to actually finding a Sasquatch, but to me the reason Neandertal locomotion a nd how it relates to Sasquatch is an important discussion because this kind of inquiry can refine our field methodology. But you are correct that to a degree only inquiry gets us literally nowhere and at some point we have to actually find out the direct way.

• Upvote 1

Well, MonkeMan, if you find a dead one, look at it's feet. You never know that when you do, you might be able to say at that point: "Yep....Neanderthal!" Or? "thicc" ;)

31 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Well, MonkeMan, if you find a dead one, look at it's feet. You never know that when you do, you might be able to say at that point: "Yep....Neanderthal!" Or? "thicc" ;)

It is my duty to find Sasquatch and clap its cheeks.

• Haha 1

BFF Patron

Great read guys.....some very valid points....but as always it boils down to some plaster casts and cool stories! :thumbsup:

Edited by Foxhill

On 7/8/2021 at 9:59 AM, norseman said:

They were not bumbling cave men. They were sprinters, better at climbing steep inclines and rested by squatting instead of sitting. Sounds a lot like Bigfoot.

And Krantz and Meldrum talks about their heels and toes presumably being longer.

I've never heard neanderthals being described as bumbling cavemen. It is widely known they were well adapted. They just didn't make it, like many other types of humans and other species.  Neanderthals are studied pretty closely and there is nothing that connects them to BF characteristics.  You are just using an article to expound on your own personal theory, which is everyone's right to do but the connections are just not there. Not even pulling some random theory out of Wikipedia will change that.

For all the good Krantz and Meldrum have tried to do for themselves to gain credibility, what is the exact sum total of their scientific accomplishments? Meldrum has made his living selling his book. His academic degree apparently gives him some weight but it still doesn't go very far. 

25 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

Great read guys.....some very valid points....but as always it boils down to some plaster casts and cool stories! :thumbsup:

I would love to comment on that......but I best not.

11 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I've never heard neanderthals being described as bumbling cavemen. It is widely known they were well adapted. They just didn't make it, like many other types of humans and other species.  Neanderthals are studied pretty closely and there is nothing that connects them to BF characteristics.  You are just using an article to expound on your own personal theory, which is everyone's right to do but the connections are just not there. Not even pulling some random theory out of Wikipedia will change that.

For all the good Krantz and Meldrum have tried to do for themselves to gain credibility, what is the exact sum total of their scientific accomplishments? Meldrum has made his living selling his book. His academic degree apparently gives him some weight but it still doesn't go very far. 

It was a common depiction early on.

I absolutely see similarities. Others do too. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Im not trying to make a name for myself. Just simply sharing my own thought process. If anyone cares to look? Ive debated the other side of the coin for years. Im vary aware of the talking points and problems associating Bigfoot with a Neanderthal. But there are lots of problems with the two legged gorilla intelligence level theory as well.

As Ive stated before? We wont know until one is brought in.

BFF Patron
14 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I would love to comment on that......but I best not.

Send me a PM or there's always the Tar Pit:rock:

Admin
2 hours ago, MonkeMan said:

Do you know what "thicc" means?

I don't know what it means. It looks like some idiot couldn't spell and other idiots picked it up and now its some form of slang.

what does it mean?

1 hour ago, Wooly Booger said:

LOL!  Not exactly.  I am busy preparing myself to move out of state for an Archaeology PhD Program that I have been admitted into.  Consequently, I have not had much time to post.  But never fear!   Fall Break is right around the corner!  And the forum's favorite flesh and blood advocate will be back in full force!

Hearty congrats, WB.

That puts you in league with our resident almost-anthropologist.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wooly Booger said:

LOL!  Not exactly.  I am busy preparing myself to move out of state for an Archaeology PhD Program that I have been admitted into.  Consequently, I have not had much time to post.  But never fear!   Fall Break is right around the corner!  And the forum's favorite flesh and blood advocate will be back in full force!

Well, best of luck with it. Go easy and enjoy the journey, your alter ego has you covered here:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Way to go, Wooly Booger! I assume that archeology has specialties similar to other disciplines? You want to get into caves and do some BF research so is this potential PhD only a cover or your more...uh...ulterior (interior) interests? ;) One would think you could be a valuable asset to spelunkers, too, which may get you into more caves than you could shake a stick (or tree knock) at. You have a background in Egyptology also if memory serves me well.

• Thanks 1

• gigantor locked this topic