Neanderthal locomotion

norseman

Just now, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I like everything about that…except probably the price tag.

Yeah, i was going to pick up two just so I'd have a back up. But then I wouldn't be able to afford the gas to go do research so I decided to skip it ;)

23 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Shall I add on another nice feature? It is untrackable, as in no built-in GPS and other tracking devices. A four-wheeled digital ghost. Stick you phone in some tin foil or Faraday box or sleeve, and off you go. What's under the hood?

Stick one of these babies on top and and call it good https://www.x20.org/xt360-panoramic-thermal-flir-ir-imaging-scanner/

Good solid standard V8. Had one in a '74 3/4 ton PU back when you could sit in the engine well to do work. Went home for lunch one cold Autumn day and back out for four more hours. Got home and heard a "meow" and lifted the hood only to find one of my cats had evidently gotten inside next to the radiator for warmth. It was so terrified when I started the engine and went back to work that it stayed where it was until I got back home and heard it cry out. I reached in to rescued her and it was like picking up a small bowling ball. All her muscles were locked up tight. Lucky she didn't panic and end up in a belt which is what happens to some.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Huntster said:

many sasquatch sightings could be misidentified as bear sightings

I've wondered that as well.

44 minutes ago, Huntster said:

since so many in science work so feverishly to discount the very existence of sasquatches.

Like who? I wasn't aware Sasquatch was even a relevant discussion among scientists.

45 minutes ago, Huntster said:

On what would you base such a claim? 

Well multiple reasons.  Predators tend to have a thick panniculus carnosus which is essentially a thick subcutaneous tissue that allows skin to shift around which is why cats have a scruff and bears can withstand attacks from members of its own species. Assuming Bigfoot is a primate it would have less of this tissue and probably have tight fitting skin meaning it would have poor "slash resistance". There's a reason leopards prey on fully grown silver back gorillas.

Moreover, while Bigfoot is often sited as being incredibly strong, I think many people overestimate its strength because if it has similar muscle fiber proportions to a chimpanzee then deducing its strength is only a matter of scaling at that point. Meaning Sasquatch could probably only bench a couple thousand pounds, realistically speaking. Not to say that that is weak just less strong than a lot of people on here would probably assume.

I've heard some people say that they've seen bears get scared of Sasquatch and run, but I doubt that simply because what the hell does a scared apex predator even look like? How would they know?

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

I'm still waiting for most of official science to admit anything on this evidence.

A lot of scientists wouldn't even consider that to be real. I doubt its legitimacy as well.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MonkeMan said:

In humans…. 

Thals flat feet was only one of MANY traits that made a full package.

I would have LOVED to have had a 5’6” 220 lbs Thal as a full back on my football team!

• Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, norseman said:

In humans…. 

Neandertals are humans.

47 minutes ago, norseman said:

Thals flat feet

Neandertals didn’t have flat feet. Still waiting.

• Downvote 2

9 hours ago, MonkeMan said:

.......I wasn't aware Sasquatch was even a relevant discussion among scientists.......

Like I write, it's a matter of which scientists discuss it, and which scientists ignore it. The key now is identifying why it is so completely ignored by the scientists who count the most; those responsible for the management of our collective natural resources.

..........Predators tend to have a thick panniculus carnosus which is essentially a thick subcutaneous tissue that allows skin to shift around which is why cats have a scruff and bears can withstand attacks from members of its own species. Assuming Bigfoot is a primate it would have less of this tissue and probably have tight fitting skin meaning it would have poor "slash resistance"........

Sasquatches being primates does not require their biologic structure to exactly match that of other primates, nor do North American predators negate the potential existence of these creatures. I cannot accept your claim that "a black bear would easily kill a Sasquatch", and certainly can't accept your reasoning for such a statement based upon your conjecture on the panniculus carnosus of a creature which has not yet been physically examined. I have extensive personal experience with black bears and their potential prey. Black bears here in Alaska almost never prey in adult anythings here larger than themselves including caribou and moose. Injured, sick, and calf ungulates (or sasquatches)? You bet. Even cub bears? No doubt. Cow caribou? If they can catch one (doubtful, especially since they inhabit different environments). Cow moose? No way, Dude, especially if she's in knee deep water. She'll enthusiastically kill that bear. This is well established science. I've seen these things myself. 

Mature black bear boars are dangerous predators. I've been tested by one myself. That bear is lucky I didn't kill him. I should have. But he wasn't after me. He wanted my dog. I can see a boar black bear taki g an unprotected sasquatch youth, but not a healthy, mature sasquatch weighing 400-800 lbs. Sorry. Ain't happening.

........There's a reason leopards prey on fully grown silver back gorillas........

And those reasons are exactly what I pointed out above; age, injury, and illness. Leopards will prey on female and young gorillas, but will think twice about attacking a healthy, mature silverback. Don't make me dig up references. If I do, I'll be unhappy. I'm getting busy around here.

........Moreover, while Bigfoot is often sited as being incredibly strong, I think many people overestimate its strength because if it has similar muscle fiber proportions to a chimpanzee then deducing its strength is only a matter of scaling at that point. Meaning Sasquatch could probably only bench a couple thousand pounds, realistically speaking. Not to say that that is weak just less strong than a lot of people on here would probably assume........

I strongly agree with you that sasquatches are physically, mentally, and intellectually overestimated. Their physical strength in particular tends to be wildly overestimated. But I'm quite certain that they're very strong physically, but if a 225 grain Swift A-Frame in 338 WinMag @ 2850 fps was used on one, it would work just as well as it would on a 1200 lb coastal brown bear.

........I've heard some people say that they've seen bears get scared of Sasquatch and run, but I doubt that simply because what the hell does a scared apex predator even look like? How would they know?.......

I have personally seen a boar grizzly bear suddenly turn, bolt, and run like Hell as if Satan himself just popped up in front of him. But it wasn't Satan. It was me. The bear caught my scent, and took off like he was on fire. In fact, I've seen that more than once. The first time was one of my most memorable wilderness experiences.

..........A lot of scientists wouldn't even consider that to be real. I doubt its legitimacy as well.

And a good number of scientists disagree with you. I like this particular quote from one of the rare few who actually studied the film and documented his analysis (Dr. D.W. Grieve, an anatomist with expertise in human biomechanics at the University of London Royal Free Medical School:

http://www.bigfoot-lives.com/html/report_on_the_film_of_a_suppos.html

..........My subjective impressions have oscillated between total acceptance of the Sasquatch on the grounds that the film would be difficult to fake, to one of irrational rejection based on an emotional response to the possibility that the Sasquatch actually exists. This seems worth stating because others have reacted similarly to the film. The possibility of a very clever take cannot be ruled out on the evidence of the film. A man could have sufficient height and suitable proportions to mimic the longitudinal dimensions of the Sasquatch. The shoulder breadth however would be difficult to achieve without giving an unnatural appearance to the arm swing and shoulder contours. The possibility of fakery is ruled out if the speed of the film was 16 or 18 fps. In these conditions a normal human being could not duplicate the observed pattern, which would suggest that the Sasquatch must possess a very different locomotor system to that of man...........

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

The key now is identifying why it is so completely ignored by the scientists who count the most

Probably because they don't think the "evidence" is conclusive. 

. I cannot accept your claim that "a black bear would easily kill a Sasquatch", and certainly can't accept your reasoning for such a statement based upon your conjecture on the panniculus carnosus of a creature which has not yet been physically examined.

This is a puzzling statement. As Sasquatch enthusiasts every time we theorize on Sasquatch we are speculating or conjecturing about her phenotype. Moreover the assertions I've made are not just pulled out of thin air, they are backed by pretty sound reasoning. We have more of a reason to believe Sasquatch would be like other Anthropoids than the opposite.

This is well established science. I've seen these things myself. 

LOL I'm not saying that Black bears go out of their way to kill Squatches but if it ever came down to it and a Black bear would probably win.

Don't make me dig up references.

NO need, I have plenty.

DUDGdDG.jpg

0l22SW3.png

s6wrixa.jpg

YBDLxnE.jpg

zeUYr3s.jpg

o05VcG2.jpg

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

I've seen that more than once.

I can believe it as black bears have run from me before. 

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

And a good number of scientists disagree with you.

I'm aware, but that doesn't really mean anything. 

• Downvote 4

Admin

Don't bother responding to MonkeMan until Sunday night...  he's on vacation ;)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Huntster said:

Like I write, it's a matter of which scientists discuss it, and which scientists ignore it. The key now is identifying why it is so completely ignored by the scientists who count the most; those responsible for the management of our collective natural resources.

Sasquatches being primates does not require their biologic structure to exactly match that of other primates, nor do North American predators negate the potential existence of these creatures. I cannot accept your claim that "a black bear would easily kill a Sasquatch", and certainly can't accept your reasoning for such a statement based upon your conjecture on the panniculus carnosus of a creature which has not yet been physically examined. I have extensive personal experience with black bears and their potential prey. Black bears here in Alaska almost never prey in adult anythings here larger than themselves including caribou and moose. Injured, sick, and calf ungulates (or sasquatches)? You bet. Even cub bears? No doubt. Cow caribou? If they can catch one (doubtful, especially since they inhabit different environments). Cow moose? No way, Dude, especially if she's in knee deep water. She'll enthusiastically kill that bear. This is well established science. I've seen these things myself. 

Mature black bear boars are dangerous predators. I've been tested by one myself. That bear is lucky I didn't kill him. I should have. But he wasn't after me. He wanted my dog. I can see a boar black bear taki g an unprotected sasquatch youth, but not a healthy, mature sasquatch weighing 400-800 lbs. Sorry. Ain't happening.

And those reasons are exactly what I pointed out above; age, injury, and illness. Leopards will prey on female and young gorillas, but will think twice about attacking a healthy, mature silverback. Don't make me dig up references. If I do, I'll be unhappy. I'm getting busy around here.

I strongly agree with you that sasquatches are physically, mentally, and intellectually overestimated. Their physical strength in particular tends to be wildly overestimated. But I'm quite certain that they're very strong physically, but if a 225 grain Swift A-Frame in 338 WinMag @ 2850 fps was used on one, it would work just as well as it would on a 1200 lb coastal brown bear.

I have personally seen a boar grizzly bear suddenly turn, bolt, and run like Hell as if Satan himself just popped up in front of him. But it wasn't Satan. It was me. The bear caught my scent, and took off like he was on fire. In fact, I've seen that more than once. The first time was one of my most memorable wilderness experiences.

And a good number of scientists disagree with you. I like this particular quote from one of the rare few who actually studied the film and documented his analysis (Dr. D.W. Grieve, an anatomist with expertise in human biomechanics at the University of London Royal Free Medical School:

http://www.bigfoot-lives.com/html/report_on_the_film_of_a_suppos.html

I think this clip shows just how intimidating the top predator on the planet can be against big cats. Sure. It’s a two way street. But more leopards (or any predator) die from humans each year than the other way around. A giant hairy humanoid is going to be even MORE intimidating than us.

3 hours ago, gigantor said:

Don't bother responding to MonkeMan until Sunday night...  he's on vacation ;)

I didn't have a problem with the guy. And I think he did a good job producing references to support his position on leopard predation. Responding to that will take time e and effort, so I'll take advantage of his vacation to get some trees dropped this afternoon. I've got tons to do before my caribou hunt, even yet another memorial service to attend tomorrow.

• gigantor locked this topic