Bigfoot and Infrared

Odin603

7 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Sasquatch seems to have so many singular abilities and attributes that they are unlike anything else walking the earth.

That is the troubling part for me as well and one that I can't reconcile.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

That is the troubling part for me as well and one that I can't reconcile.

You and me both.

12 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Sure but they have been seeing these things carry the hairless ones for over 100 years. If their hearing was of superior power they would have learned and adapted to always avoid and lay in waiting before crossing but they dont.In some reports they step out of cover anb walk directly into the headlight beam. They can avoid gamecams but not an automobile ? That sounds wacky 

Thank you brother for a slice of sanity!

On 7/12/2021 at 2:07 PM, ShadowBorn said:

Do they really need all this to make them human? How would a wild human even live in the first place. After all we were all wild once and we all evolved. Maybe they decided not to evolve. Maybe they chose to live wild. We have no idea on how nature decided their fate. But one thing is for sure they exist in those who have seen them.  Who have experienced them. Who live with a sighting that cannot be erased from their minds including mine. They have possibly become self aware. Understanding that they do not belong in our world. So they go deeper into the forest where we do not travel.  This is just my thought on them. 

Creatures do not chose to evolve. It is in their DNA to do so for survival.

On 7/13/2021 at 6:34 AM, NCBFr said:

Tools:  I have a couple of rocks that are formed to fit a bigfoot hand that I believe were special made and used to open walnuts.  One of them I found hidden in a crook of a tree that only could have been placed their by someone/thing.  Why I believe it to be a BF over a person is more than I desire to write this morning and should be the topic of its own post if I ever get the energy.  

Artwork:  google/DDG examples of very ornate tree braiding

Society: They have a very strong family hierarchy, bury their dead, regional boundaries, and hunting parties.  They absolutely have a strong society.

In typing this the thought comes to mind in this regard they are very chimp-like.  

My God! You actually believe that, don't you! I would ask for your source material, but you would probably just come back with' "Just do the research and find out for yourself!" And don't tell me you formed a belief in Sasquatch artwork such as, 'braiding'(?) by just  looking at pictures!

You should not say something like, "They have a very strong family hierarchy, bury their dead,regional boundaries, and hunting parties..unless you state your source for this information! Or, am I just supposed to believe this as gospel?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Bit late in the discussion - I think Mark's experience at his home in OK is a good example. I think his case showed that whatever creature was entering his property, was fairly observational and aware of its surroundings. Changing it's course of entry and avoiding cameras all together. If he the IR cams on recording it would avoid it all together, but if he had the IR cam off and had just the audio recording he could hear it get close/not avoid the camera. If I'm not mistaken he ended up picking up larger infrared motion lights that would light up his whole property when triggered ultimately keeping things back.

Super interesting case.

11 hours ago, Grandcherokee said:

My God! You actually believe that, don't you! I would ask for your source material, but you would probably just come back with' "Just do the research and find out for yourself!" And don't tell me you formed a belief in Sasquatch artwork such as, 'braiding'(?) by just  looking at pictures!

You should not say something like, "They have a very strong family hierarchy, bury their dead,regional boundaries, and hunting parties..unless you state your source for this information! Or, am I just supposed to believe this as gospel?

My conclusions are based on reading literally thousands of BF incident reports and hundreds of videos as well as a handful of encounters across two different states and 25 years.  This is a personal hobby, nothing more.  I do not set out to prove anything to anybody and honestly do not care your position on BF.  Just replying to your post.  Very sorry it was inadequate for your needs.  You have been added to ignore so please do not bother replying.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The NAWAC also did another study of sort several years ago but I don't recall the exact year, but I'd guess somewhere around 2012-2014. It was only during one summer where the group purchased a security system that had 9 cameras, cables and a monitor I believe. The idea was to put all 9 cameras on the outside of the cabin where we had been staying in hopes of recording a wood ape. There had been a lot of activity at night at the cabin and we had high hopes we would be able to record one coming in to camp with the security system. What we found was that whenever the system was on we had zero activity at night around the cabin but when the system was off we did had activity at the cabin. One of the guys went outside at night with either night vision or thermal goggles and with the system on the cameras lit up like a Christmas tree. We concluded the apes could see the same thing when the system was on. That was the only summer for our security system.

Edited by okieman

10 minutes ago, okieman said:

The NAWAC also did another study of sort several years ago but I don't recall the exact year, but I'd guess somewhere around 2012-2014. It was only during one summer where the group purchased a security system that had 9 cameras, cables and a monitor I believe. The idea was to put all 9 cameras on the outside of the cabin where we had been staying in hopes of recording a wood ape. There had been a lot of activity at night at the cabin and we had high hopes we would be able to record one coming in to camp with the security system. What we found was that whenever the system was on we had zero activity at night around the cabin but when the system was off we did had activity at the cabin. One of the guys went outside at night with either night vision or thermal goggles and with the system on the cameras lit up like a Christmas tree. We concluded the apes could see the same thing when the system was on. That was the only summer for our security system.

Even if that was the case that doesn't explain day light travel . These things are not all nocturnal  especially in areas where  some researchers place cameras miles into the forest .

Some researchers and large game hunters have game cams in very remote locations for months on end  never visiting the area until it's time to retrieve them.

48 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Even if that was the case that doesn't explain day light travel . These things are not all nocturnal  especially in areas where  some researchers place cameras miles into the forest .

Some researchers and large game hunters have game cams in very remote locations for months on end  never visiting the area until it's time to retrieve them.

They smell, in fact these hidden camera's stink, they dont need to see them they smell them long before they set eyes on them. 

BF does not seem to be bothered by the smell of other humans constructs.  RV’s, coolers, tents, etc.   If this was the case why are they apparently extra reserved around cams?   Plus if their nose is similar to ours then their sense of smell should theoretically be on par with ours, at least that’s my thought.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Twist said:

BF does not seem to be bothered by the smell of other humans constructs.  RV’s, coolers, tents, etc.   If this was the case why are they apparently extra reserved around cams?   Plus if their nose is similar to ours then their sense of smell should theoretically be on par with ours, at least that’s my thought.

You'd smell the plastics etc if held close enough.

They smell of danger, what do you do when confronted with danger, you creep up on it, you dont let danger know you're there or you just stay out of the way of danger full stop.

Then again as is the case with humans danger attracts some, some flirt with danger as some BF do and bingo you have the odd picture of a hand or arm but in the main as with you and me they stay clear of this danger.  They are a complete waste of time, only point one way and a simpleton can avoid them.

They are being used in the wrong way anyways, stick them in a tree 20feet up pointing down and see what you get. 

Edited by Somerset

1 hour ago, Somerset said:

They smell of danger, what do you do when confronted with danger, you creep up on it, you dont let danger know you're there or you just stay out of the way of danger full stop.

Then again as is the case with humans danger attracts some, some flirt with danger as some BF do and bingo you have the odd picture of a hand or arm but in the main as with you and me they stay clear of this danger.  They are a complete waste of time, only point one way and a simpleton can avoid them.

They are being used in the wrong way anyways, stick them in a tree 20feet up pointing down and see what you get. 

What is your theory on why the smell of plastic is danger to them ? If they have happened to walk past one in the day time it didn't shoot bullets at them or reach out and grab them. They might have heard a slight click and that was it. What's danger is a fast moving automobile with led head lights but they seem to step out in front of them from time to time.

1 hour ago, Somerset said:

Or as Twist said they will approach a camp with the smell of humans and coolers etc.. Not knowing if the humans there are ready to open fire on them but a 6 " by 8" box tied to a tree in the middle of the deep foresr  that has never harmed them , shot at them or blown up is danger to them ?