Thermal a game changer for finding Sasquatch

I remember watching a clip with Cliff Barackman saying when it first came out and was affordable for researchers it would become a game changer and proof is going to happen now.

It changed predator night hunting in ways unheard of but it really hasn't done a thing for Bigfoot research . 

So far has it really helped getting proof ?  It's crazy because it should have being   nothing warm blooded can hide from it except if it's behind something . There should be a lot of videos of these creatures being caught on thermal but there isn't . How can they hide so well in the darkness when we have all the advantages ?

We can't get them on game cameras , we can't get them on thermal ...does this make any sense to you at all?

just thinking out loud tonight  

Edited by 7.62

I think that it is a game changer, but I think that it isn’t as prevalent on the Sasquatch community as one would think.  I dropped about 3 grand on mine, and I think @wiiawiwbspent much more on his.  The tech is getting better and cheaper, but a lot of people involved in field research just don’t want to drop the coin.

My hat's off to both @BlackRockBigfoot and @NathanFooter. Their thermal equipment left me in the proverbial dust at the starting line. Their Pulsars are the absolute best.  Mine is good enough for me.

Thermal imaging is a game changer.  Maybe, just maybe, a sasquatch has no idea what this small black (maybe unseen) instrument is. In my opinion, it levels the playing field, at least, as much as can be done by us. It allows us to sneak up on the other side of a field, or pond, and record movement.  We know from using it what is a fox, coyote, deer, or sasquatch.  BRB recorded a deer in very fine detail.  Right out of the starting gate, I recorded something I didn't know what it was. A Michelin Man figure with exceptionally wide shoulders. Eyebrow raiser for sure but not enough. 

In the end, and having said all the above, our equipment can only record what our efforts put us in the position to do. It's always back to basics.

• Upvote 2

Just now, wiiawiwb said:

My hat's off to both @BlackRockBigfoot and @NathanFooter. Their thermal equipment left me in the proverbial dust at the starting line. Their Pulsars are the absolute best.  Mine is good enough for me.

Thermal imaging is a game changer.  Maybe, just maybe, a sasquatch has no idea what this small black (maybe unseen) instrument is. In my opinion, it levels the playing field, at least, as much as can be done by us. It allows us to sneak up on the other side of a field, or pond, and record movement.  We know from using it what is a fox, coyote, deer, or sasquatch.  BRB recorded a deer in very fine detail.  Right out of the starting gate, I recorded something I didn't know what it was. A Michelin Man figure with exceptionally wide shoulders. Eyebrow raiser for sure but not enough. 

In the end, and having said all the above, our equipment can only record what our efforts put us in the position to do. It's always back to basics.

Have you ever posted your thermal image? 

No. My results, whatever they may be or not be, have always been kept close to the vest and not shared.  My efforts are only to prove to me what's out there.  If I'm ever blessed with something remarkable, it would only be seen by a few but never offered for public consumption.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

No. My results, whatever they may be or not be, have always been kept close to the vest and not shared.  My efforts are only to prove to me what's out there.  If I'm ever blessed with something remarkable, it would only be seen by a few but never offered for public consumption.

Interesting but can I ask why keep it private if you are in the right place at the right time? I'm not knocking you for it but I just dont understand it. If you happened to find a skull or a body of one you wouldn't want to finally have the proof science is asking for?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

........I think that it isn’t as prevalent on the Sasquatch community as one would think.  I dropped about 3 grand on mine, and I think @wiiawiwbspent much more on his.  The tech is getting better and cheaper, but a lot of people involved in field research just don’t want to drop the coin.

They are illegal for use in Alaska for hunting or trapping, so I have almost zero justification to own one. Getting caught with one while in possession of a firearm, regardless of intent, is asking for legal trouble. Besides, for three months here it hardly gets dark. 

8 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I understand completely.

3 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Interesting but can I ask why keep it private if you are in the right place at the right time? I'm not knocking you for it but I just dont understand it. If you happened to find a skull or a body of one you wouldn't want to finally have the proof science is asking for?

I don't have what science is looking for nor even what I'm looking for. More importantly, I am not interested in there being a discovery and formal recognition of sasquatches by the world at large and would not do anything to contribute to that result.

• Upvote 1

Thermal's have always been a game changer. You can catch them off guard with them. That's if they are around. If you can sneak up to them. Either way they can truly help you feel some what safe. But it does make you wonder if they can see you with the thermal.   Like let's say when you are pointing at them . They spot you with it at eye level. What do you think may be going through this creatures mind? " am I about to get shot ?". 

The other thing is how many images are there of these creatures on thermals are there ? are people out there hanging tight to this type of info ? Just like what @wiiawiwb has said: " that he wished not to share" I understand his concern and in a way agree. We all have certain way's that work with these creatures. Research is research is research.

But thermals are great tools and raising the odds. As more people start to buy them and when they start to get cheaper. we might be seeing more of these creatures. The only problem would be is learning how to  interpret the info we are gain from the thermals.

BFF Patron

Don't really follow the logic of not sharing the results, but hey you roll how you want it's your property.

I would like to see the quality of some of the work on known and clearly identifiable critters that you guys have captured.

Some time ago wasn't there a cow pic being peddled as Bigfoot? 

In the interest of clarity, I have no qualms with those who want to put one down respectfully.  I also understand that my hands-off approach is likely not the norm.  I'm not a hunter and couldn't kill anything unless it attacked me. With that said, hunting is needed and hunters provide a valuable service to the continued existence of a species. I applaud them.

A sasquatch is special to me, as it likely is to all of us. I think they are very close to us genetically and also think they are near human. I could be way off the mark, only to find they are close to being an animal, but I doubt that's the case.

For those who hunt to bring one on the slab, in the furtherance of science, I only ask it be done respectfully. The thought of high fives and the "I'm-the-one-the-whole-world-will-want-to-speak-with" goal saddens me. It's either one of God's magnificent creatures, in very small numbers, or a cousin of ours. In either case, its death is to be mourned not celebrated.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Admin

I deleted the off topic posts. Please do not hijack the thread.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

I wonder how many people who are going out into the field are actually taking and using a decent quality thermal.

The big groups most definitely….NAWAC, the Olympic Project, some of the BFRO guys.  But, I wonder how many of the smaller groups and independents are using one?

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic