Smoke and Heat makes it hard to observe the Bigfoot clan

TravelingFooter

BFF Patron

Toejam? That you?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I happen to have an interest in all matters related to Jack The Ripper. Exactly who was the most famous mass murderer of all times? There is a forum where exceedingly knowledgable people post questions, or information, and others, similarly endowed, provide answers or opinions---much like here. 

Were I to go on the Ripper website and, right from the start, make claims that I had thousands of pages of Ripper documents and photographs, I would be met with a healthy bit of skepticism. Those claims are received much differently from someone who has presented himself/herself and has become known to those similarly-minded people on the forum. 

For those who may remember, in the 1980s there was an EF Hutton TV commercial telling folks they did it the old fashion way. They earned your trust. So it is with many aspects of life.

In my opinion, the bigger the claim, the more responsibility one bears especially when you haven't introduced yourself to your fellow readers. Who doesn't wish to be courted before being asked?

I am out of pluses, but fantastic post.

ETA.  Actually not out of upvotes after all.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

This is terrible.  Just when I was sure we would finally have the answer to this mystery it appears he hasn't been back. Do you guys think the government agent's might have gotten to him? I sure hope not. Please post again so at least we know you're safe.

Ok, back. Will finish the story from this a.m.

Wife and I were in front yard, pulling weeds and raking. A slow moving gray suburban with tinted windows and a US Govt. plate slowly cruised by.

About 5 minutes later, it cruised by again. Jokingly, and not knowing what was to occur next, I hollered to my wife "the Gub'mint is spying on us agin, Ma!"

The vehicle kept moving and we forgot about it.

20 minutes later, there it is again, and it pulled into our driveway. Two men in suits got out and approached us.

We've my bred in distrust of anything Govt. and LEO, I told my wife to pull out her phone and film the situation

I said in a pretty serious tone "what the hell do you want"?

The 2 introduced themselves as USFS special agents, Melendez and Richter. I said "is that supposed to impress me"?

"Whoa whoa whoa there" cried out Richter. "There's a hiker missing in the forest for 3 days and we're checking around to see if anybody saw her, or recognized a pic of her"

I said "the forest is about 10 miles away and pretty big, over 1,000,000 acres. Why are you standing here in my yard looking for her?"

"Strange, have not heard one thing about this disappearance, not from any SAR bulletins, news./radio or social media " I said

"Here, just look at this photo of her" and then Melendez pulled out a pic. Immediately I knew who it was, but didn't let on. "What drainage was she hiking in" I asked?

The said "we're not sure", then they named off 3-4 drainages, INCLUDING the one where the Clan resides?

"Uh, let me talk to my wife a minute" I said. I went over and whispered to her who was in the pic and requested that she play along

"Oh my, what a pretty girl, but we don't know her" my wife responded to the agents. I then told Melendez and Richter that I was going to have a quick private chat with my wife.

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS FUN - we both recognized the "girl", she's actually a receptionist at the Dist. USFS Office and a hiker she's NOT. In the pic, she's all decked out in new camping gear with tags still on

I told my wife to  keep filming and I said to the Agents "hold on a second, let me make a call, maybe I can help find her"

I called the the USFS office and asked to speak to K _______. In about 10 seconds I had her on the line

"Hey Assholes, guess I'm a hero today, cuz' I just found your -lost- hiker...here, she's on the line" and I put her on speaker.

The 2 agents turned kind of red then I yelled "get the hell outta here ya scumbags"  They sheepishly walk of shamed to their vehicle and took off. 

I then asked to speak on the phone with the boss down at the USFS office and resoundably for 20 minutes chewed his ass out

• Downvote 1

People of a clandestine government agency are too stupid to remove tags from equipment in a photograph designed to fool the public?

Riiiiight.

Cool story, bro.

vi.jpg

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

People of a clandestine government agency are too stupid to remove tags from equipment in a photograph designed to fool the public?

Riiiiight.

Cool story, bro.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves and dig how beautiful it is out here. Woof Woof

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TravelingFooter said:

The 2 introduced themselves as USFS special agents, Melendez and Richter. I said "is that supposed to impress me"?

Is there a reddit group or FB group where you are practicing writing stories and then dropping it in here to get a laugh out of how people react?

You might have had better luck if you had used Melendez and Rictor.  That would have been amusing.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

Yup. However, the smaller, more aggressive versions have not been as widely reported as the larger Patty types, especially over the past half century.

v

Can you define aggressive.  Do they kill more or simply make louder tree knocks.  Not picking but I have BFs as binary.  Either they kill you (very rare but yes is aggressive) or they try to scare you away (the non-aggressive type).   There may be a gamma type that simply hides but we never see them so cannot make the scale.  Fortunately I have

e only run in to the non-aggressive type.

13 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves and dig how beautiful it is out here. Woof Woof

Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no tigers.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no tigers.

Get the hell out of here, We got the game on.

One of my favorite movies of all time.

1 hour ago, TravelingFooter said:

A slow moving gray suburban with tinted windows

I wanted to find out if the vehicle occupants wore gray / grey suits...........MIG

It was over when 'USFS agents carried a side arm and bear spray'.  Fatal. In Grizzly country, people in the know have a 12 gauge with slugs.