Smoke and Heat makes it hard to observe the Bigfoot clan

TravelingFooter

1 hour ago, Kiwakwe said:

........I think I got my first downvote for this one!!........

Downvotes have been as popular as candy lately. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Huntster said:

The last year has everyone on their last nerve I suppose.

• Upvote 1

The good news is there has been a resurgence of hiking, at least in my region. People need an outlet to exercise and enjoy so they've discovered hiking. Good for them. 

45 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

I'll give ya an upvote just for using the word "codswallop".

I think my lexicon is ok and I had to look it up. That's a good thing. The BFF has become a phrontistery.

Kudos Kiwakwe!

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

Cool, I think I got my first downvote for this one!! It's too bad they don't come with qualifiers cuz I'm stumped. But hey, thanks anyway.

Welcome to the club my friend.  My anti-paranormalist rhetoric hasn't exactly earned me many upvotes myself. LOL

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

Welcome to the club my friend.  My anti-paranormalist rhetoric hasn't exactly earned me many upvotes myself. LOL

Allow me to give you one.

I appreciate your tactful manner of disagreeing with some of my posts lately.  I really appreciate it and will respond in kind.    

You have really brought some good points into the discussion.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Allow me to give you one.

I appreciate your tactful manner of disagreeing with some of my posts lately.  I really appreciate it and will respond in kind.    

You have really brought some good points into the discussion.

Thank you my friend.  One can disagree and still be civil.  My anti-paranormal posts were never intended to be insulting, though I can understand how they may have come across that way.

2 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

Thank you my friend.  One can disagree and still be civil.  My anti-paranormal posts were never intended to be insulting, though I can understand how they may have come across that way.

Eh.  I was going to actually message you this, but I will just throw it out here in public.  I’m man enough to admit when I am wrong.  Going through some of our exchanges, I came at you pretty fast and definitely put you in a position to feel the need to defend yourself.  My bad.

I am not even a big proponent of a lot of the crazier stuff, but I do play devil’s advocate a lot because I think that there is an opportunity to quickly dismiss and possibly overlook legitimate activity because it comes wrapped up in a woo ribbon.  The devil’s advocacy gets carried away sometimes.

Anyway, you have been the bigger man and have been quite cordial.  I appreciate it and will make an effort to do the same.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Eh.  I was going to actually message you this, but I will just throw it out here in public.  I’m man enough to admit when I am wrong.  Going through some of our exchanges, I came at you pretty fast and definitely put you in a position to feel the need to defend yourself.  My bad.

I am not even a big proponent of a lot of the crazier stuff, but I do play devil’s advocate a lot because I think that there is an opportunity to quickly dismiss and possibly overlook legitimate activity because it comes wrapped up in a woo ribbon.  The devil’s advocacy gets carried away sometimes.

Anyway, you have been the bigger man and have been quite cordial.  I appreciate it and will make an effort to do the same.

Thank you sir.  It is all water under the bridge as far as I am concerned.  In all honesty, we don't know exactly what Bigfoot are.  And we will never know until a type specimen or DNA sample is collected.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

I know I'm in good company:) I'm outta votes or I'd get you one Monk...errr...Wooly. As BRB mentioned, you do bring good points and I've appreciated a lot of the discussion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I think my lexicon is ok and I had to look it up. That's a good thing. The BFF has become a phrontistery.

Kudos Kiwakwe!

Thanks wii, now I'm more learned about learning centres!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

The good news is there has been a resurgence of hiking, at least in my region. People need an outlet to exercise and enjoy so they've discovered hiking.........

Indeed. This is a long overdue idea. I'm too old to hike this, but I've already hiked already existing portions and used atvs on the connecting areas.

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/08/26/a-500-mile-hiking-trail-across-alaska-advocates-say-the-pandemic-is-a-perfect-time-to-start/

I just don't get along with absolutes unless there is 100% un refutable proof. If there is even a slight hint of perception of arrogance along with it, my fuse goes short real quick and I lose it. I need to work on that.

23 hours ago, Huntster said:

LOL! That got me some candy!

• Sad 1

On 7/27/2021 at 12:25 PM, TravelingFooter said:

They were dressed up just like the FS law enforcement, with the wide brimmed hats to boot. But, normally rangers travel light, these people were trudging backpacks that bulged with equipment and the camera they used to photograph the tracks on a wet and muddy part of a trail was way overkill what I'd think a normal LEO would carry

FYI, im a "ranger" and mainly work in the forest system to get unregulated access to remote and gated areas of the forest system. I know I'm not the only reseaecher who has done this, it allows us to be somewhat of a gatekeeper of our research sites in state and federal land. Ever since ive started working this job ive packed a 50+ lb pack though, which is standard equipment that we would carry out into the forest when we plan on working trails all day, the "travel light" appearance is only a PR look. When were actually conducting trail work we carry our prefered loadout for a 10-12 day. So what you saw may not be as uncommon as you may have thought.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

FYI, im a "ranger" and mainly work in the forest system to get unregulated access to remote and gated areas of the forest system. I know I'm not the only reseaecher who has done this, it allows us to be somewhat of a gatekeeper of our research sites in state and federal land. Ever since ive started working this job ive packed a 50+ lb pack though, which is standard equipment that we would carry out into the forest when we plan on working trails all day, the "travel light" appearance is only a PR look. When were actually conducting trail work we carry our prefered loadout for a 10-12 day. So what you saw may not be as uncommon as you may have thought.

OP got the ban hammer dropped on his head bud…

• Upvote 1