Hoaxes and hoaxers

CelticKevin

1 hour ago, Wooly Booger said:

Have you tried a call mimicking deer in distress? As there preferred prey item, according to eyewitness reports, that should perhaps be the best chance of drawing one in. If you can find an area that an alpha male claims as its territory, then using a recording of an aggressive male gorilla should succeed in drawing the territorial male in more often then not. 

Have you tried any of the above methods? 

I have. I even had a foam fawn decoy.

1 hour ago, vinchyfoot said:

That is the achilles heal of the Giganto farce. A vegetarian ape making it across tundra and the like and not being predated on or out competed by creatures better suited to the environment is at best, a stretch.

Your theory I think is flawed. Not that I subscribe to the Giganto theory. Quite frankly I don’t know what Bigfoot is….

But read this. Bears got here. And survived the same arduous trek. But there were two routes. One inland and tundra. The other one was coastal and temperate.

http://www.polarlife.ca/arcticnews/updates/feature.htm

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, norseman said:

I have. I even had a foam fawn decoy.

All a matter of being in the right place at the right time. These creatures are very rare. If there were a large breeding population of these animals then no amount of government cover ups would be able to hide their existence. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

BFF Patron
4 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

That is the achilles heal of the Giganto farce. A vegetarian ape making it across tundra and the like and not being predated on or out competed by creatures better suited to the environment is at best, a stretch.

You realize that camels and horses originated in North America and made the trip to Asia when the land bridge made it possible?   Both of them are vegetarians.   

4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Can’t wait to have that conversation with the forestry service guy….walking around the woods with a pack full of lifelike baby dolls…

I know LOL

but it's a bait I haven't  read any researcher trying .  I can't  imagine if another hiker or hunter was to happen to be within ear shot of the recordings and follows the sound then comes across your bait station ... talk about being creeped out  .....:biggrin:

34 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

You realize that camels and horses originated in North America and made the trip to Asia when the land bridge made it possible?   Both of them are vegetarians.   

Wait a minute! I thought camels were vicious apex predators? 

3 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

All a matter of being in the right place at the right time. These creatures are very rare. If there were a large breeding population of these animals then no amount of government cover ups would be able to hide their existence. 

Totally agree. It’s a needle in a hay stack. That’s why we need to recruit about 5000 more me’s!😬

49 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Yes but not the same vegetarian. I think something like a primate would need to hug the temperate coastline. Where as grass eaters could take the tundra route.

15 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

The proposed ape on the other has seemingly been unique to a tropical environment, WHY would it suddenly uproot and make such a dramatic change of said environment. Without evidence of such a trigger, that is another altered puzzle pice made to fit an undefined hole. No sale.

39 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

The proposed ape on the other has seemingly been unique to a tropical environment, WHY would it suddenly uproot and make such a dramatic change of said environment. Without evidence of such a trigger, that is another altered puzzle pice made to fit an undefined hole. No sale.

Camels have become a desert-dweller. Altered puzzle piece?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Barbary macaques have adapted to colder climates.  

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

We're talking about an ape, Camels have nothing to do with the Giganto theory, really....?

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

But that can be said of all apes….

IF you believe that Bigfoot is roaming North America? And you believe its a primate? Then it probably has an African tropical origin at some point in its past. Just like all apes.

Right now I personally think that what little evidence we do have points to something more like Homo Erectus. But then we have to come to grips with the fact that no stone tools or fire is associated with Bigfoot….

Its a mystery.

3 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

We're talking about an ape, Camels have nothing to do with the Giganto theory, really....?

He is pointing out that any species can migrate and adapt to its new surroundings.

Mammoths? Mastadons? Wolly Rhinos? Cave Lions?

All African tropical species that have adapted to the cold.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

Deliberately obtuse, or just simple. It's one or the other.

• Upvote 1