Guest LAL

The Argosy Stills

SweatyYeti

Ivan Sanderson made a living writing. He wrote about subjects people were interested in. I saw a show on History that dealt with underwater UFOs. Does this mean I can't trust their shows on ancient Rome?

Absolutely! ;) And what's worse, Lu....(I hate to say this)....it means we can't trust you... :o You actually watched the show... :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

xspider1

Good scans, Lu! Thanks for posting those. It's interesting that Krantz changed his opinion after watching the film itself. As with other scientists, it seems like if and when they take time to actually study the Creature's movement, their opinion often leans more and more to Patty being the real deal. :)

Edited by xspider1

SweatyYeti

So...using those 2 frames....(F352 and F353)....I made another animated-gif, using the Copy 8 version this time....(because the scaling of the 2 images is exactly the same).....and, aligning the Frames at Patty's waist...there appears to be relative movement between the butt, upper-thigh, and the waist...

Copy8Frame354Frame355AG2.gif

Guest LAL

Absolutely! ;) And what's worse, Lu....(I hate to say this)....it means we can't trust you... :o You actually watched the show... :)

Be sure to lock up your valuables if I come to visit.

bipedalist
BFF Patron

So...using those 2 frames....(F352 and F353)....I made another animated-gif, using the Copy 8 version this time....(because the scaling of the 2 images is exactly the same).....and, aligning the Frames at Patty's waist...there appears to be relative movement between the butt, upper-thigh, and the waist...

Little bit of dynamic tendon/ligament movement in the front of the right calf too.

• Upvote 1

xspider1

I noticed my leg looks like that too, when I bend it. But, when I wear hip boots, waders, or a fur costume, not so much. Janos was right, those Bigfoot hairs would need to have been glued on and, that never happened. :blob:

Edited by xspider1

Guest Kerchak

Though initially coming to the anomalous primate question because of his interest in Neanderthals, Krantz discarded the idea that Sasquatch might be a relic caveman. He explained his hesitation on the subject to Bernard Heuvelmans. The father of cryptozoology, who believed the Patterson film a hoax , hesitated in his original assessment of the film because of Krantz' analysis. After discussions with Krantz, the Frenchman wondered if he had not been wrong about the nature of the celebrated footage after all.

Do you know when this was LAL? Because according to Bayanov, Heuvelmans was still pretty dismissive of the PGF in the late 1980s. Bayanov and Heuvelmans were both members of the ISC and Bayanov gives no indication in his book that Heuvelmans ever altered his dismissive stance on the footage. His book goes up to the year 1997 and Heuvelmans died in 2001.

Edited by Kerchak

Of course, Sanderson's mind wasn't much different, as he wrote a book on underwater UFOs.

Which has not one thing to do with Bigfoot whatsoever, but you just LOVE to keep bringing it up as an ad hom and argument from credulity.

Sweaty...also note the flexion in the right glutius maximus, the long muscle on the back of the right thigh and the right calf. It really stands out in the above image, esp the calf...you can easily see the tension release.

Guest LAL

Do you know when this was LAL? Because according to Bayanov, Heuvelmans was still pretty dismissive of the PGF in the late 1980s. Bayanov and Heuvelmans were both members of the ISC and Bayanov gives no indication in his book that Heuvelmans ever altered his dismissive stance on the footage. His book goes up to the year 1997 and Heuvelmans died in 2001.

From the footnote it looks like 1974. (68. Bernard Heuvelmans to GSK, September 13, 1974, folder 0340, box 7, NAA. ). The ISC was founded in 1982. Is there a source other than Bayanov on Heuvelmans' attitude on the PGF?

ETA: To answer my own question, yes. Krantz writes extensively on it in the appendix on Chapter 4 of Bigfoot Sasquatch Evidence. He thought Heuvelmans was unduly influenced by Sanderson. I suspect both men were unhappy about the ridicule heaped on them about the MIM (both insisted for the rest of their lives it was real) and its general upstaging by the PGF (deAtley thought the MIM cut into PGF profits) but both gave detailed explanations for their thinking on the PGF. Sanderson's was an abrupt change when their "scathing denunciations" were written in November, 1968. (Bigfoot Sasquatch Evidence, page 305)

So the MIM and the PGF figure weren't an exact match anatomically? Makes sense if they were from two separate continents and were not the same species, but Krantz saw no discrepancy anatomically. H stated Sanderson was dead wrong about the arms.

Edited by LAL

SweatyYeti

Be sure to lock up your valuables if I come to visit.

Okeedokee, Lu....thanks for the tip! ;)

Same one - California's Abominable Snowman. There's a follow up with a boat on the cover, I think - I have the issue but haven't taken it out of the plastic wrapper yet. (Thanks to Sweaty Yeti for turning me on to old Argosy mags on eBay.)

You're welcome, Lu....it was fun hunting down that magazine on Ebay, together. :)

SweatyYeti

Little bit of dynamic tendon/ligament movement in the front of the right calf too.

I think I see what you're referring to, Bipedalist, in that image. But, the action of the muscle and tendons is very distinct in these frames....at the bottom of the calf, the leg 'tightens-up'...

PattyCalfAG2.gif

Edited by SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti

Sweaty...also note the flexion in the right glutius maximus, the long muscle on the back of the right thigh and the right calf. It really stands out in the above image, esp the calf...you can easily see the tension release.

Sure, Mulder...I see those movements, also. And, with all that movement on Patty's leg...there's not a hint of a fold, anywhere. :)

Sweaty - whould it be possible to add F351 before and F354 after these two?

I would love to see this movement over a bit more time by seeing those 4 frames looped.

SweatyYeti

Sweaty - whould it be possible to add F351 before and F354 after these two?

I would love to see this movement over a bit more time by seeing those 4 frames looped.

Sure, Harry....I can do that later on tonight. :)