Guest LAL

The Argosy Stills

AtlantiS

I think these must be interesting reads..

Isn't it strange that both Patterson's book and the Argosy magazine sold for $202.50?

That is freaky. Proof it was all a hoax I tell you! Nothing else can explain it.

SweatyYeti

The price on that had to be mainly due to the condition- it's one of the nicest copies I've seen.

I'm glad I bought most of my Bigfoot stuff a long time ago when nobody cared. Look at the poor condition of this super rare Roger Patterson book that sold for $200 a few weeks ago-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Bigfoot-volume-1-by-Roger-Patterson-/291327304494?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item43d475e32e&nma=true&si=x3nlH%252FcuISQiK2y5pdPtnko8Fzc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This is my copy-

That is an excellent copy, rogue... :)  

It must be pretty rare, I had never even heard of the book before. 

roguefooter

^About 75% of the book is stories from his other book with a few new ones, and in this one he added Bluff Creek, a Q&A, and reviews of the PGF by various scientists.

I think it was something he was only offering members of his newsletter.

SweatyYeti

^

Interesting... :)

I'd be willing to bet there are only a small number of those booklets still around....and, maybe only a handful in that kind of condition.

SweatyYeti

^

Thanks for the info on the book, rogue. It sure has a wealth of information. :) 

No mention of Merritt.

This is really interesting. I can't find any mention of the Merritt sighting(s) in any of the books by Green, Dahinden, Bord etc, even though they mention sightings in the Yakima area.

What exactly did Patterson himself say about the Merritt stuff? I asked Kitakaze this but I have had no reply. Did Patterson place any importance on the Merritt sighting(s) like he did with the Timberbrook, Pettijohn and Richland sightings or did he think Merritt was joshing with him?