Google Finds A Way To Transform Low-Quality Photos Into High-Resolution Images And The Results Are Impressive

MikeZimmer

BFF Donor
22 minutes ago, MikeZimmer said:

https://www.cracknewz.com/2021/09/google-finds-way-to-transform-low.html

Google Finds A Way To Transform Low-Quality Photos Into High-Resolution Images And The Results Are Impressive (20 Pics)

1-bp-612e11a91a4cc__700.jpg

That’s awesome.  Can’t wait to see the PGF go through the process.

Admin

This may not be a game changer, but it certainly adds new plays and options. Great find!

BFF Donor

All I can think of are those blurry photos and pareidolia that we've seen over the years. The red circle stuff, as well as Scott Carpenter's digital images. But who out there in "normal land" is going to take such an interest or the time to go through so much? And what might such a technology mean for thermal images?  What does it mean if it's applied to hoaxed images and videos- do they become more real looking? Again, it will come down to who can be trusted with this kind of potential power over what we see and how we interpret what we see.

Edited by hiflier

Admin

I am concerned it might "add" features not included in the original image. This would be very un-welcomed as far as analysis goes. But overall, I think it has the potential to be a significant addition to the toolbox.

BFF Donor

Agreed, and yes, I also think it will help the tool box more than hurt it. And if building the better mousetrap also shows us which mice are real and which are fake? Then even better.

Edited by hiflier

BFF Donor

Interesting and disconcerting at the same time. Though, without reading the article yet, my guess is that it would only work well with digital images, pulling and enhancing data from surrounding pixels.

BFF Donor

Interesting and disconcerting at the same time. Though, without reading the article yet, my guess is that it would only work well with digital images, pulling and enhancing data from surrounding pixels.

BFF Donor

That's strange^^ haven't been near this accursed machine nor the interwebs for about 2 hours....Wasn't me.

BFF Donor

@Kiwakwe, let the Admins know.

On 9/4/2021 at 11:58 AM, hiflier said:

All I can think of are those blurry photos and pareidolia that we've seen over the years. The red circle stuff, as well as Scott Carpenter's digital images. But who out there in "normal land" is going to take such an interest or the time to go through so much? And what might such a technology mean for thermal images?  What does it mean if it's applied to hoaxed images and videos- do they become more real looking? Again, it will come down to who can be trusted with this kind of potential power over what we see and how we interpret what we see.

Excellent questions. I was hoping we might get some folks with better backgrounds in image processing to weigh in.

• Thanks 1

BFF Donor

Google is working very hard on their facial recognition software. Don't look up, the satellites will get your overhead image.

• Upvote 1