Possible Bigfoot incident in Maine 1997

hiflier

12 hours ago, VAfooter said:

Just a thought. If this was a clandestine operation, why would they initiate it on a public road where the chances of a vehicle coming by and seeing the operation is a decent probability? Why not wait until it was off in the woods or out of public sight before starting it?

I've driven this particular stretch of road a hundred times (my son went to school in Belfast and we lived elsewhere). It's very densely wooded in places. There are roads that branch off, and head further into the country. This is a "busy" road, yes, but Maine is very rural, even just outside towns. It's like the countryside is 2 houses deep, and then anything else is frontage on small roads - there's no great population centers, except for Augusta, Bangor and Portland - everything else is small towns scattered between little bitty towns of a few houses & gas station types. There's a lot of wilderness, and it's NOT far away from where people live. It's one of the lovely things about Maine.

I'd guess they were already hunting these bigfoots and ready to clean up after themselves.

Then again, Maine is weird. Many, many politicians and Supreme Court Justices and Big Names have second homes here. There are Secret Service type folks around, and black helicopters ferrying Important People here and there. I'd not be one bit surprised to find that they can hide an operation like that.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

Good points @Madison5716. I forgot about the ex CIA/NSA contingent here. There was a CIA safe house in Blue Hill, complete with sound proof indoor pistol range in the basement that extended under the "back yard". One of the BH inns is run by ex NSA and I met a couple a while back from there who I'm convinced are in the intelligence community--"International development" specializing in regime change, hmmm

Ex mafia hole up here too, one of them was a good friend!

@hiflierThanks for typing all of that up and sharing your thoughts and questions, Good bit to think about.

I'm completely no-kill as you know and outside of my ethical reasons and general respect, if I see a Sas, they exist, if they exist, and I'm 99% convinced they do, "they" already have bodies. One more is just an easy clean-up for "them." It would most likely end up my body anyway....Just another bear attack...

I go where I go because I like to go there.  I'm never only looking for evidence or a sighting and despite what I think could or could not be present, a lot of the time I have a firearm--because what historical explorer wasn't packing? It's precedent man! And unlike a band-aid, it's one of the few tools that if you need it, you really NEED it! Granted, those scenarios are very rare, depending on where one goes.

Maybe part of the long chess the BF intelligence agents are playing is training lawyers to prosecute cases of wrongful BF death by self defense claim...

There may be a protocol already in place. What would that look like in court?? I'll never know. Successful prosecution seems like a long shot IMO....but then there's TX...

I'm gonna make it down to Green Hand in the next week and a half, looking forward to the read!

Admin
7 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

Successful prosecution seems like a long shot IMO....but then there's TX...

I agree. Pretend for the moment that hiflier's scenario comes true. Somebody shoots one, manages to get it out to the world, and the shooter survives the encounter. They are then prosecuted by the state, federal, the UN, Star Fleet Command, whatever. This is going to generate so much publicity that it will make the OJ trial look like traffic court in Kudzu Mississippi. Every defense lawyer in the country is going to want to grab a piece of this and the defendant can choose from the elite of the elite. They will probably do it for pro bono, just to get the attention that is going to come from this case and for the book and movie deals. The defendant will not be stuck with a lawyer who they had to go to Hank's Tavern to tell him to get to the courthouse for a case.

9 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

This is a "busy" road, yes, but Maine is very rural, even just outside towns.

Totally agree. Been there on a number of occasions and love the state. Just saying that if you are running a clandestine operation, you do not take chances that it will be discovered. Taking a creature down on a road, no matter how "un-busy" it may be, it adding extra risk to the equation. Government operatives hate risk, especially risk that they deem unnecessary or avoidable...

I am guessing that if it did happen the way it is described and we are speculating on, then they had no other options or their hand was forced to move at that time.

I value people's opinion but try not to miss the point of all of this. If this account is true then it says a LOT. The whole thing would have be a costly operation, not only in its execution, but also in any activities or actions that led UP to its execution. But in spite of the cost and possible risks concerning public exposure of the operation, "they" pulled if off and did it in an unbelievably short time frame. So it was a well orchestrated and seemingly pre-planned exercise with no identifying elements as to who these people were, where they came from, or where they went. And apparently the Sasquatch was the ONLY reason they were there. Must have been some pretty serious stuff in my opinion with decisions made in the top ranks of whoever's job it was to orchestrate such an operation.

The way it went down says it couldn't have been their first such operation. And it happened 24 years ago. The real question anyone should be asking is WHY it happened the WAY that it happened. Again, if this account is true, with elements of unmarked vehicles and the short turnaround time, that wouldn't one thing the efficiency of such an operation would be even more so today? And with surveillance capabilities a thousand times better than 24 years ago? Monitoring these creatures would be made much easier and that translates into no one is going to be allowed to harass these creatures one bit, never mind bring one down. I've mentioned many times that I think that the creatures are in a program of being slowly corralled into safe, deeply remote areas. Sure seems pretty outlandish but it's not like there's millions of them. Areas get shut off and restricted to Humans in different places at different times and for different reasons. I for one think that half the reason (more or less) is to isolate the Sasquatch from Human contact.

It doesn't always work, however. Creatures get seen, but I do think the locations of most of them are a known quantity, and that flexible contingency plans are in place to go and remove the ones that stray to far or too close to Humans. One would think that there would be rogues out there once in a while that would occasionally pose a danger to the public. I'm convinced that they are taken care of one way or another. Just like what was witnessed 24 years ago one dark, early evening in November, 1997 in little Northport, Maine.

36 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

Pretend for the moment that hiflier's scenario comes true. Somebody shoots one, manages to get it out to the world, and the shooter survives the encounter.

Personally I don't think one will ever be shot. But if anyone ever does get a bullet into one, the public will never know. They don't exist, remember? I mentioned that I also think they are heavily monitored, which I think is true. And why wouldn't they be considering what they are and what they might represent? After all, we ARE still talking like this 54 years after Patty and 24 years after Northport.

Admin
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

If this account is true then it says a LOT.

That's the fifth possibility. A false account.

Also, if there were a bunch of vehicles with lights and all that, the road must have been at least partially closed which messes up the timing you are using.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I mentioned the false account possibility. The road was narrowed according to the witness when going past the vehicles- no personnel were seen. All the vehicles were said to be the same dark color and height. No one was on the road directing traffic and so the bus driver went by very slow and even stopped because the report stated that she began moving again. which is how the description of what was laying in the ditch came about. Also, the driver was the first to call it a Bigfoot and said she was from Pennsylvania and had seen this stuff before. Sounded like she meant an extraction operation? Any way, she moved away and efforts by the witness to locate her had failed.

1 hour ago, gigantor said:

That's the fifth possibility. A false account.........

That's my conclusion. The location of the body screams motor vehicle collision..........UNLESS.........the authorities had been chasing it around with vehicles and a helicopter, which herded it near shooters in ground vehicles. This would have required at least an hour or more of very active radio traffic (not to mention obvious interesting aerial helicopter traffic with a light shining about) which easily could have been picked up in Bangor by lots of people, official and not. 

I've seen military police conduct repeated operations like this on Fort Richardson with a pair of troublesome grizzly bears over the period of a week. Everybody on post (and plenty off post) knew it was going in, because it was repeated episodes of the Keystone Kops. Those bears led those MPs and helicopters on chase scenes that make todays high speed freeway chases look boring. Had out-of-town authorities been chasing a sasquatch in the Northport area, the entire town would have known or heard about it. There would likely be an entry of some sort in one of the local newspapers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Personally I don't think one will ever be shot. But if anyone ever does get a bullet into one, the public will never know........

I'm pretty sure several have been shot and killed. The carcasses either never make it out to the right people, or the cover up is so aggressive that the public never gets enough convincing information.

So then, is there nothing to be done? No solutions to the "mystery"? Because in truth, that's what everything so far has been leading up to, smart Humans that we are :).

@hiflierI think you are spot on about the "competition" for the body one would incur if a Sas was shot. I don't think it would be pretty either.

Edit to add: I see where you're going with your synopsis, and I agree with all of your points with exception to being convinced of a conviction in a "self defense" scenario. But I've been surprised before....

Edited again to add some more:

If this self defense case went to court, it's all out in the open. When the jury sees the body of evidence--an 8' tall, 600lb Sas that the defendant says was coming right for him, I think the case would be made. Kinda goes without saying that if Norse were on the stand with his previously documented vocal stance--he may not convince the jury of the sheer terror and fear for his life he was experiencing.

Edited by Kiwakwe

Admin
9 minutes ago, Kiwakwe said:

with exception to being convinced of a conviction in a "self defense" scenario

I agree, you may be charged with a crime, but it's a jury of your peers who must convict.

Honestly, I don't think a prosecutor would bring it to trial. 

19 minutes ago, hiflier said:

So then, is there nothing to be done? No solutions to the "mystery"?........

Even if you're convinced that the report wasn't false and was accurate, what could you do that would lead to fruit? Even if you were successful in finding more locals to confirm the disturbance, that would just be more testimony of an event over 20 years ago. While bolstering the evidence of past sasquatch activity in the area, that's likely at least half a sasquatch lifetime ago. 

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Even if you're convinced that the report wasn't false and was accurate....

In truth, I AM convinced the report wasn't false! Before I got deep into the story I had asked Michelle for permission to bring the report here onto the BFF. Even so, I was careful to paraphrase everything and not cut and paste anything out of the book. To do so would have required asking the publisher for permission in writing. So no map and no direct quotes. But there is one more thing I can mention. The witness is still around because Michelle interviewed him. And his name appears in the book. This was, therefore NOT an anonymous account.

10 minutes ago, Huntster said:

....what could you do that would lead to fruit?

The very thing I have been talking about for nearly two years here.

11 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Even if you were successful in finding more locals to confirm the disturbance, that would just be more testimony of an event over 20 years ago. While bolstering the evidence of past sasquatch activity in the area, that's likely at least half a sasquatch lifetime ago.

Completely unnecessary to go to that extent. Like I said, we are SMART Humans :)

37 minutes ago, Kiwakwe said:

I agree with all of your points with exception to being convinced of a conviction in a "self defense" scenario. But I've been surprised before....

27 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Honestly, I don't think a prosecutor would bring it to trial.

I'll concede on your and Kiwakwe's points.