Audio of howl from SE Okla. 2017

OkieFoot

This comes from the Squatch Team. I've been looking at their videos for a while for anything of interest and this is the first time I've posted anything on here from them, so here's a little background about who they are.

They're a husband and wife team, along with a few other researchers that mainly search in SE OK, Ark. and E. Texas. The husband/wife own property in SE OK and they do a  lot of searching on it, and in other areas nearby. They have found a number of tracks on their property; one was 18".

They aren't exactly sophisticated but they look for tracks, set up for audio, leave "gifts" etc. and make videos of their activities to document what they find.

To their credit, they do get out a lot and search.

They have some other videos with things like tracks that I'll post in the future.

According to the husband, they set up an audio recorder and let it run all night and when he listened later on, heard this vocalization that he said happened about 2:00AM. It sounds like a howl but not your typical "Ohio" howl; it's rather unusual. 

I thought I'd post it and let people hear it. The vocalization happens about the 1:34-1:35 mark. It's looped four times. 

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Don't know what that call is but bobcat can make some ominous screeches.  The face of squatch looks like a tree bark pattern to me.  More context would be needed on that.  Any distant calls that call may have been responding to might be amplified and shared if possible to help the casual listener with context too.  Thanks for sharing!

• Upvote 1

bipedalist, in the vocalization part, I agree it would be good to be able to hear the distant howls the man mentions and thinks maybe the loud one we hear was a response. He does say they sounded "really far distant" so maybe they're too faint?

The loud one is certainly unusual. I would be curious what a lab analysis would say about the pitches in the vocalization.

Right after this post I'm going to post another of their videos made in the same area that has several faint howls but I don't think he is aware of them. There's no mention of them at all. The video is about something possibly moving in the brush he thought he noticed, though not necessarily a Bigfoot. The video is "Something Moving in the Brush".

Here is the video called "Robert Dodson's 11 footer" that the man is referring to in the 'Face of Sasquatch' portion. 

This is the video I mentioned above with the six faint howls on them that I don't think the Squatch Team is aware are in the video. The howls are faint but are audible; the first one is the most audible. The distant howls are never mentioned. The man was just out going through the woods in SE OK near their own property and videoing when he thought he saw something moving in the brush just a few seconds after the very last howl.

It helps to have good speakers and turned up; you should hear insects also. The howls are only a second or two long.

Here's when I hear howls:

3:56-3:57 - this one is the most audible

4:31 - a bit fainter than the first one.

4:56-4:57 - he's talking at this point but you can hear a distant sound, even over his talking

5:12-5:13 - fainter but audible

5:22 - also faint, and very short 

5:45 - also faint

The last three are more faint than the others and harder to hear. Maybe whatever made the sounds had moved further away?

On 9/15/2021 at 7:52 AM, OkieFoot said:

This comes from the Squatch Team. I've been looking at their videos for a while for anything of interest and this is the first time I've posted anything on here from them, so here's a little background about who they are.

They're a husband and wife team, along with a few other researchers that mainly search in SE OK, Ark. and E. Texas. The husband/wife own property in SE OK and they do a  lot of searching on it, and in other areas nearby. They have found a number of tracks on their property; one was 18".

They aren't exactly sophisticated but they look for tracks, set up for audio, leave "gifts" etc. and make videos of their activities to document what they find.

To their credit, they do get out a lot and search.

They have some other videos with things like tracks that I'll post in the future.

According to the husband, they set up an audio recorder and let it run all night and when he listened later on, heard this vocalization that he said happened about 2:00AM. It sounds like a howl but not your typical "Ohio" howl; it's rather unusual. 

I thought I'd post it and let people hear it. The vocalization happens about the 1:34-1:35 mark. It's looped four times. 

That’s just a long coyote bark that sounds like it was produced by playing a clip four times over and over. They are identical. It doesn’t sound like a real coyote set. The short barks or howls are missing. And the timing is literally 4 barks timed identical. Like a finger pressing a button.

• Upvote 1

Admin

@OkieFoot I don't know about the audio, but the face is not tree bark.

• Confused 1

On 9/17/2021 at 8:30 PM, gigantor said:

@OkieFoot I don't know about the audio, but the face is not tree bark.

If that's a Sasquatch it has no shoulders . The body comes straight down behind not that thick of a tree . At least to me it looks that way . It's just so blurry it could be an animal or just shadows in the forest . 

• Upvote 1