Alaska triangle Prince of Wales Island and uprooted trees

I was watching the show last night and it had a researcher that was at the island hiking the 5 miles to where these trees are located.

He found a few in one area and he says this is the Holy Grail of proof that there are bigfoot on the island. The one where the camera and show focused on was pretty large but

very old and had been there you could tell for many years . Is it land slides or earth quakes on the island that caused these trees to dislodge and be planted root ball up?

While it is cool to find a tree like that and I would love to find one in the forest how does it happen ?

Topics like this sometimes bother me because it makes us sound kind of nuts when there are other explanations when discussing the topic of bigfoot.

• Upvote 2

I saw part of the show last night also. It certainly was intriguing to see the tree sticking out of the ground, upside down from the hole. And it was no small tree. I thought they gave an estimate as to how heavy they thought  the tree might be but I've forgotten what they said. 

I think this link will work. There is a picture of a tree sticking out of the ground, roots up, as 7.62 mentions.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423901383652526322/

I've never had an interest in tree structures as it seems as though a human could make them, at least in most cases. Admittedly, there are some that are a real head scratcher. The upside tree above is curious.

A lot depends on context. Is the area easily accessible? Could two or three guys, determined to hoax others, create the tree structure or upside down tree? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

I saw part of the show last night also. It certainly was intriguing to see the tree sticking out of the ground, upside down from the hole. And it was no small tree. I thought they gave an estimate as to how heavy they thought  the tree might be but I've forgotten what they said. 

I think this link will work. There is a picture of a tree sticking out of the ground, roots up, as 7.62 mentions.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423901383652526322/

The estimate if I remember right was around 2500 pounds and looking and comparing the researcher standing next to it that sounds about right.

What was odd is it wasn't just 1 tree he found  in that area that's why I was thinking maybe land slide or earth quake?  I really don't know how something like this happens .

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

I've never had an interest in tree structures as it seems as though a human could make them, at least in most cases. Admittedly, there are some that are a real head scratcher. The upside tree above is curious.

A lot depends on context. Is the area easily accessible? Could two or three guys, determined to hoax others, create the tree structure or upside down tree? 

If you watch the show it looked like a tough hike but he was walking on a trail a lot of times . 

I don't think they are a result of a natural process.    Nature is chaotic.    If it were natural, there should be many, many more trees laying around on their sides which failed to wind up upside down and vertical.  

I don't see any way that human muscle without heavy equipment, no matter how many people were involved, could accomplish it.   Doesn't seem to be any sign of heavy equipment .. no possibility in some cases.     Could be done, maybe, with a heavy-lift chopper used for helicopter logging.     Some of these seem to be too old for that.     For the same reasons I don't think humans did it with muscle alone (soft or marshy soil, etc) I don't think BF could have done it either .. they'd sink into the mud trying to handle that weight same as we would. 

I don't have a viable explanation, an explanation that doesn't require ignoring certain inconvenient bits of the evidence.   It's weird.   Somewhat weird enough I want to see it with my own eyes before I truly accept that it is happening.   

MIB

• Upvote 1

Have they there been uprooted trees in other parts of the world where there have been earthquakes or landslides? I have not heard of none. So, the next question should be. Could this be the only area where they are found? If so then we have something that is doing it. If we have something that are placing these trees upside down to show its strength. Then we should worry. Since this would mean that we have had giants walking among us in Alaska.  They do not have to be Bigfoot since these uprooted trees are only found in Alaska.

But I have heard that there have been reports of giants. Red hair giants who eat human flesh. These trees serve as a warning to not walk in these areas where they are found by our Native Americans. So they know best of what their ancestors have told them. Most of the times they are true since they have lived in that land most of their lives. Like I have said Thing’s that have been past down are past down for a reason.  I pay strict attention to what they say.

Admin
3 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

But I have heard that there have been reports of giants. Red hair giants who eat human flesh.

Story out of A'stan about that, but nothing to back it up and no way to prove or disprove it.

6 hours ago, MIB said:

Could be done, maybe, with a heavy-lift chopper used for helicopter logging.     Some of these seem to be too old for that.     For the same reasons I don't think humans did it with muscle alone (soft or marshy soil, etc) I don't think BF could have done it either .. they'd sink into the mud trying to handle that weight same as we would. 

The upside trees are discussed in the book " Raincoast Sasquatch" by J. Robert Alley. The book covers 'the Bigfoot/ Sasquatch records of Southeast Alaska, Coastal British Columbia & Northwest Washington from Puget Sound to Yakutat.' The book was published by Hancock House,  ISBN 0-88839-508-6   C2003.  Most of the illustrations are hand drawn art. There are color plates showing Alaskan Native Sasquatch art of masks, totem poles and dance costumes. ( 'Wild Woman of the Woods' looks wicked  ).  Maps of sighting locations are included. It was $15 USD and I can't remember where I bought it.

The upside down trees were noted by Alaskan Natives 50 years prior to Alley researching for his book (1996 ), which pre-dates helicopter logging. Logging roads were made in that area in the late 1980's.  As pointed out by MIB, the muskeg-bog soil would have marks from heavy equipment and point loading ( post-holing ) from the feet of bipedal types carrying heavy loads.

Muskeg does not 'heal' quickly and I believe any marks would still show basic disturbance.  The trees do not have rigging-choker scars from lifting/handling.

The upside down trees are still in the 'who done it' mystery category.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

As MIB eluded too, no tracks,  no BF. 

Not be sure what did  it, but a bipedal creature setting such trees would sink in and leave a trace.    So should any equipment……

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Some old time loggers have confessed to doing it as a joke.

hiflier, lets review: Alaska Natives see upside down trees in 1930's--1940's , no logging roads until 1980's. Therefore, no logging in that area and many decades before helicopter logging.

Does 'old time loggers' mean 2 guys standing on planks with a hand saw and bottle of kerosene?

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Some old time loggers have confessed to doing it as a joke.

It is possible some were done that way same as some big rocks were stacked on top of stumps.   It is a demonstration of skill with the equipment.   That doesn't account for a good many of them though.   

In other words, like Ray Wallace' confessions of fabricating tracks when by pay records he was 1000 miles away with only 2 days for the round trip ... he may indeed have stomped a track or two but on the whole, not believable, not as an explanation for all instances. 

Just as claiming bigfoot alone is not proof, neither is claiming hoax.   It takes evidence beyond testimony to substantiate a claim.

Too many of these upside down trees cannot be accounted for by "loggers" jokes.  

MIB

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic