New squatch-mobile inbound!

NorthWind

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

And now for the most important part....who did your artwork?

P.S. Wet day? Crack or moisture got into in the distributor cap. Just a guess....from experience. Happened three times with a 2002 GMC Safari AWD mini cargo van. And yes! AAA saved the day twice. The dealer paid for the first tow.

Could be distributor. Yes, storming like crazy. I will look in the AM. 

My artwork? The new profile pic, you mean? I suppose I did with a camera and little help from some software. Seems to be a little more accurate than my old one, which was almost 10 years old. 

I don't know about Fords, but GM vehicles, including my Hummer H3, have an anti-theft system called passlock, which is notorious for causing exactly what you experienced. The motor will crank, but not fire. This usually happens with older models, as the ignition switch becomes worn. Mine did it a week after I bought it, at about 150,00km (93,000mi). A tow to the dealer and a new switch has fixed it, hopefully for another 150,000km.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it turned out it was the fuel pump - $950 to replace it on that old Ford. Had to, because I need the truck to get to work.

Tires are bald too, the right front being the worst has the belts exposed in one spot. I really don't want to invest any more $ into this beast, because I will be getting rid of it (trading it in, probably) when the Jeep arrives. Which, by the way, I have been told it is now in Oregon, waiting to be unloaded from the train. Then loaded onto a truck and hauled to town. I was told this might take a couple more WEEKS because there is a shortage of drivers. I offered to go pick it up, but the port that is in is controlled by Homeland Security. Not even the dealer can go in. So, wait I must. And try to be patient.

Now to get into the Ford and test those bald tires on the way in to work in 30 degree weather and snowy and icy conditions.

Who needs coffee, when there is adrenaline?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Northwind...beautiful vehicle. May you have many miles of happiness, laughter and success. You deserve it!! 

May the road rise to meet you!!!

Edited by wiiawiwb

24 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

Well, after a wait that seemed so long that I almost forgot what I even ordered, my insurance for the new Jeep kicked in. Then, I received my bed cover yesterday. Diamondback HD.  It's sitting in the driveway. Not 90 seconds go by, and the dealer told me the Jeep is here! What are the odds? Anyway, I went down to town this morning and picked it up! Now it's in my driveway too! And I am absolutely bushed. Installation of the bed cover will have to happen tomorrow. But I figured with all that luck in a row, I should get a lottery ticket. So, I did. And you know what? I lost ten bucks! Lol oh well. I have a lot of work to do. Tomorrow. Thrilled so far!

20220108_121146.jpg

When do the 37’s go on???😉 Nice truck! Congrats!

Admin

Congrats Northwind.

A Jeep grows on you over time, you'll get to trust it and depend on it, its not like a regular vehicle, you'll see.

• Thanks 1

Wonderful news! Take it out and get some dirt and brush scratches ASAP, then you won't have to worry about it later. ;-)

Thanks, everyone. 

I was so tired yesterday that I took a nap almost immediately. I woke up forcefully shivering with horrible body aches. Went to bed at 7:30pm and I just now got up. Very rarely do I feel the need to just be dead to the world like that, but I am feeling somewhat better.

Today I will install the bed cover.

And no, @norseman, no 37's. I will do a Mopar 2" lift and 35's down the road, but right now I just have too many things to fiddle with and install. Heck, it's going to take me a while to figure out all this newfangled bluetoothy / pair your phone kinda stuff. I can relate to technophobia. Yes, I'm looking at you - you know who you are. I'll get it dialed in though. First things first.

6 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

Thanks, everyone. 

I was so tired yesterday that I took a nap almost immediately. I woke up forcefully shivering with horrible body aches. Went to bed at 7:30pm and I just now got up. Very rarely do I feel the need to just be dead to the world like that, but I am feeling somewhat better.

Today I will install the bed cover.

And no, @norseman, no 37's. I will do a Mopar 2" lift and 35's down the road, but right now I just have too many things to fiddle with and install. Heck, it's going to take me a while to figure out all this newfangled bluetoothy / pair your phone kinda stuff. I can relate to technophobia. Yes, I'm looking at you - you know who you are. I'll get it dialed in though. First things first.

I know your on a budget. I bought a Sherpa 25000 lbs winch for my Dodge build. But I also need something for the Blazer. My daughter bought this and it seems like a smokin hot deal. It’s like 599.00 from Harbor freight!

If your going solo? It’s a must. Ask me how I know!

Several times I've see a particular Gladiator parked in town that has a full-body camo wrap.  It's a head turner and is gorgeous. Almost without exception, everyone who walks by it stops and looks. Not a gawdy-looking wrap that looks like your neighbor did it for $20.  I went through a number of websites to see if I could find the camo pattern but no luck.

I'll take a picture next time I see it. Glad you're feeling better.