New squatch-mobile inbound!

NorthWind

On 1/19/2022 at 6:14 AM, NorthWind said:

Well, we've had the Gladiator out to the woods a couple of times now, and it seems to drive like a dream! I'm love it so far!

20220116_144812.thumb.jpg.3f397eda550df437c414e49bdd9ef569.jpg

Awesome grill insert NW!

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:14 AM, NorthWind said:

And I DO know why it's good for solo - I remember your story quite well and was wondering why you didn't have a winch already. The HiLift jack I got as suggested by @gigantor would also do the trick, just takes longer. Also got a HiLift base and a LiftMate. But I need a secure and DRY place to store my things which is why I opted for the DiamondBack HD cover. 

I do both winch and Hi-Lift training classes. If that's something that would interest you, give me a shout and we'll set something up. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, McGlencoe said:

I do both winch and Hi-Lift training classes. If that's something that would interest you, give me a shout and we'll set something up. 

Thanks, I'll consider it.

Where are you located?

On 1/20/2022 at 7:41 PM, NorthWind said:

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words! I don't know about "more fun" - because every outbound venture is fun already - but it does reflect a little of me. IOW, I like it, and that's what matters. Holler at Madison or myself if you're ever up this way (Oregon), and we'll take you along with us!

Thanks so much for that terrific offer, I promise I will do that the next time I am up your way!

36 minutes ago, DrPSH said:

Thanks so much for that terrific offer, I promise I will do that the next time I am up your way!

Yay!

On 1/21/2022 at 5:50 AM, NorthWind said:

Thanks, I'll consider it.

Where are you located?

Up in Poulsbo, WA, close to the Olympics.

I do get down to the Portland area fairly often too.

8 hours ago, McGlencoe said:

Up in Poulsbo, WA, close to the Olympics.

I do get down to the Portland area fairly often too.

Probably wouldn't work as I am much further South, but I appreciate the thought!

My neighbor suggested picking up a "come along" and showed me his in his truck. 

for the record, I love that grill. It's so awesome!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

My neighbor suggested picking up a "come along" and showed me his in his truck.

Maasdam power puller for rope. Unlimited rope length. Buy your favorite rope locally and buy a lot of it. You will feel silly if you have 50' of rope and need 75'. They also make a flat strap puller that has a pulley so you can double block the set up.

https://www.maasdam.com/a-0.html

For the times that you do not have a winch, winch is not in a good position, you need longitudinal and sideways pulling action with winch and Maasdam puller, and your battery is low / dead.

I have the rope puller and the flat strap puller. The strap version has to be held with the  drum horizontal or the strap walks off of the drum when winching. I hate cable type come-alongs because they do not have enough cable and the 'fish hooks' are bloody and infectious.

Edited by Catmandoo
text

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DrPSH said:

I previously missed this - and it is delightful. Well done, @Northwind.

Thanks. It's getting there. More to come, soon. 

I've finally got wheels and a lift and leveling kit together. They go on tomorrow at dawn.

Fuel wheels, and BF Goodrich KO2's in the 35" size. I just got done loading them all up. By myself. No power equipment. Just physics. I was going to ask  @Madison5716, but she has this little hindrance called a busted arm. Sheesh.

But now, I think I'm going to take a little rest.

And, I got ducked for the first time in a parking lot while I was picking up a few groceries. Kinda cool!

20220227_163811.jpg

20220227_132310.jpg

• Upvote 2

What size are your OEM tires, and what is your gearing? If you go too big over stock size, there could be problems with driveability. With 4.10 or 4.56 gears, you'll be fine, with gears in the 3s you may want to upgrade. You do know that JEEP translates to "just empty every pocket", right? ;-)