New squatch-mobile inbound!

NorthWind

The gearing is fine, according to everything I can find, and according to my mechanic of 30 years. I did check into it though. I know it will throw off the speddometer/odometer a little, unless I flash it.

Original tires are about 31's. And yes, I heard that about Jeeps. Lol

I'm glad you did your homework, Northwind. Many don't, and find it comes back to bite them. I just wanted to make sure you didn't make an expensive mistake.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Catmandoo said:

Duck?  Is that an 'Oregon Ducks' thing?  What did you do with the duck?  Check it for a tracking device?

No, not an Oregon Ducks thing. It's a Jeep thing. People "duck" you when they like your Jeep. Then you pass it on when you see another cool Jeep that you like.

The duck I got has a scannable code on the bottom. The link tries to take me to someone's FaceBook page. I won't visit it because I don't have FaceBook, nor will I, ever. IMHBAO, FB = evil. I don't watch sports (like the Ducks) either. Waste of time, and silly. I know I'm probably the only male that feels that way. I think the super bowl was just played. I don't even know (or care) who was playing. I know it's a good time to go shopping or to the woods, though. Nobody out and about. I guess this all means I'm a bit anti-social, to which I would readily admit.

I DO kinda like the Jeep wave thing, and the duck thing, though. 

Jeep's still in the shop. Owner called me and said it's an extensive and good kit (Mopar 2"), and it's taking a little longer than he thought. I told him no problem. Take your time, and just do it right. He was relieved because he's down two mechanics today due to illness. So, is it tomorrow yet? I miss NorthWind! 

They do the duck thing here in Canada, too. I occasionally get the wave from a Jeep driver, then they look at me funny when they realize that the 7 slot grille is on a Hummer, not a Jeep. 

I'm about as interested as you are in team sports. In a hockey crazy country, I've never watched a game, even though my younger brother played in a beer league.

IMG_0841.JPG

Edited by BC witness
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, NorthWind said:

The gearing is fine, according to everything I can find, and according to my mechanic of 30 years. I did check into it though. I know it will throw off the speddometer/odometer a little, unless I flash it.

Original tires are about 31's. And yes, I heard that about Jeeps. Lol

Check out the Tazer Mini from Z-Automotive. You can make all needed changes yourself and it's not more than going into the dealer for a one time flash:

3 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Jeep's still in the shop. Owner called me and said it's an extensive and good kit (Mopar 2"), and it's taking a little longer than he thought. I told him no problem. Take your time, and just do it right. He was relieved because he's down two mechanics today due to illness. So, is it tomorrow yet? I miss NorthWind! 

The Mopar 2" is a super simple kit to install, shouldn't take them more than a day and that's if they've never installed a lift kit before. Down on shop help is understandable, but that kit isn't extensive to install.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, McGlencoe said:

Check out the Tazer Mini from Z-Automotive. You can make all needed changes yourself and it's not more than going into the dealer for a one time flash:

The Mopar 2" is a super simple kit to install, shouldn't take them more than a day and that's if they've never installed a lift kit before. Down on shop help is understandable, but that kit isn't extensive to install.

Well, the guys and girl at the shop got the lift and wheels installed, swapping the pressure sensors over for me, too. It was done by 10am, but I just brought it home and unloaded the old wheels and put one of the new ones in as the spare. They got it leveled, too. 

And I do know about the Tazer Mini. Perhaps in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion, @McGlencoe!

I must say, I am LOVING it! I might have to get a rope ladder for @Madison5716 though! But for me, it just "feels right". And, I have a cool as heck wooden Jeep crate now, too. Not sure what I will do with it yet. Suggestions?

Front bumper's next, I think. That plastic's got to go!

20220301_172408.jpg

20220301_172636.jpg

Edited by NorthWind
Addition / edit
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Alileelei said:

Fancy! If I’m ever up your way I might call and ask for a ride 😜

Please do! @Madison5716 and I would totally take you out bigfooting!

2 hours ago, NorthWind said:

And, I have a cool as heck wooden Jeep crate now, too. Not sure what I will do with it yet. Suggestions?

Stain and varnish it and you have a cool new end table!

2 hours ago, NorthWind said:

And I do know about the Tazer Mini. Perhaps in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion, @McGlencoe!

It's one of the best bang for the buck mods for anyone adding accessories to their newer Gladiator or Wrangler.

• Thanks 1

The wheel and tire combo look great, Northwind. I assume there's no rubbing of those big boots with the lift kit giving some more clearance. My 33s rub on the left front at full turn/full flex, but I'm told that I could go to 35s if I crank up the torsion bars to max.

My "empty the pockets" gift to the H3 today was a Sony double din stereo with all the bells and whistles, to replace the old OEM unit that had a CD stuck in the changer, that would randomly turn on to eject the stuck disc, even with the ignition off, which had drained my battery more than once. :nono:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BC witness said:

The wheel and tire combo look great, Northwind. I assume there's no rubbing of those big boots with the lift kit giving some more clearance. My 33s rub on the left front at full turn/full flex, but I'm told that I could go to 35s if I crank up the torsion bars to max.

My "empty the pockets" gift to the H3 today was a Sony double din stereo with all the bells and whistles, to replace the old OEM unit that had a CD stuck in the changer, that would randomly turn on to eject the stuck disc, even with the ignition off, which had drained my battery more than once. :nono:

Nope, no rubbing, even at full turn. Flex, I don't know yet. I suspect not, but I haven't played enough to know. There shouldn't be.