Asking for help in Honobia

TheTreeman

So basically I have been a long time researcher(Since 2008). I have seen 3 foots, lots of experience with gifting, etc etc, I am extremely all about in-your-face and up close experiences with them. Travel has always been a problem due to funds and work restraints until now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w3ujjEVPuHzO0vZ7FpMr0VuixsdPIpSC/view?usp=sharing

I recently got out of the military and landed a Cyber job that is remote until January so now I am trying to hurry and visit alot of areas I have always wanted to setup camp in over all of these years before we go back to the office. I am from East Tennessee but do have abit of experience in the Beech Creek area just west of Mena, AR(Above recording is from that outting when I was still in the Military, audio was around 1 or 2am, I was laying in my hammock with the recorder under me, I had just been charged by something on all 4s while I was laying there and earlier had had a daylight sighting of a foot near my car, knocks happen at 1:30). I also do have some very short experience in Honobia, I can PM an audio recording.

Basically I am wondering if anyone has anywhere around that area(I know it's mostly private land) I would be allowed to set my tent up in and put out some recorders for a few nights. I do not build fires and am very low key. I actually just got back from a 3 day solo outting(Always solo) in Beech creek, got  some audio, a footprint, setup some gifts and also am pretty sure I was gifted a very well put together bird nest that definitely was not on the trail outside of my tent the night before(Pics below). After we go back to the office in Raleigh, NC I will only be able to go out in the woods around North Carolina due to time constraints and have ALWAYS wanted to do some footing in Honobia. The foots there just act different. Much "friendlier".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Kjb8b0jH4ic5txyw_Ygm6KXPkP2kOSV/view?usp=sharing

Edited by TheTreeman
  • Upvote 1

I don’t know of anyone off the top of my head who is around that area with land,but good luck!  I don’t get into the part of North Carolina where you will be, but there are still a few spots in the state that are wild.  Just skip the Uwharrie.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I don’t know of anyone off the top of my head who is around that area with land,but good luck!  I don’t get into the part of North Carolina where you will be, but there are still a few spots in the state that are wild.  Just skip the Uwharrie.

I did pretty extensive research in the Croatan, had my 3rd sighting there, ~10 foot tall red haired female I had alot of interactions with. Hated those woods with an absolute passion in every way and was surprised when she turned up!

The Uwharrie some of those creepy bad woowoo types of woods?

I am definitely not excited to be returning to East NC's woods.

3 minutes ago, JKH said:

Just my two cents, no need to be present for audio recording. :thumbsup:

Yeah but it's a WHOLEEEEE lot more fun if I am! Like I said, my main thing is getting close to them and dealing with that ever present comfort level barrier. I think I have been within arms reach of them in the low dozens of times willingly, they have definitely snuck up on me while I was asleep alot more, seems to be a game for them. The audio and video side of things is just icing on the cake for me. I have a way to collect hairs off of them too using printed papers that is a win / win for both parties and alot of fun. Also seems like I get better audio if I am there than I do if I am not.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TheTreeman said:

The Uwharrie some of those creepy bad woowoo types of woods?

Nah.  They are just packed full of desperate Bigfooters howling and wood knocking at one another.  There’s too much noise contamination and it’s so associated with Bigfoot hunters that the locals have a lot of fun with it.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Nah.  They are just packed full of desperate Bigfooters howling and wood knocking at one another.  There’s too much noise contamination and it’s so associated with Bigfoot hunters that the locals have a lot of fun with it.  

I think I would rather deal with some serious bad woowoo than deal with that crap, literally the worst, God I hate I am moving back to that area so much. Just gross woods.

3 minutes ago, TheTreeman said:

I think I would rather deal with some serious bad woowoo than deal with that crap, literally the worst, God I hate I am moving back to that area so much. Just gross woods.

Yeah, even western North Carolina is overrun with people now.  Not as bad as the eastern part of the state, but it’s getting there.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yeah, even western North Carolina is overrun with people now.  Not as bad as the eastern part of the state, but it’s getting there.  

I can just feel the dread welling up in me. I am really going to have to pull out all of the stops to keep myself from going crazy in that place.

Just did a map survey on where you'll be once your back in the office.  your at least a couple hours from anything I would consider going out in. Theres a few national reserves but thats about it.

Like @BlackRockBigfoot said I would stay out of uwharrie except for hiking. Too many local food balls out there swinging axe handles and screaming into the night to catch anything decent. 

• Upvote 1

Treeman I have a friend who lives in Honobia (well not right in it) & you might be able to ask him about your tent idea. I can PM you his name....he's a really good guy, has written a couple of books on the big guys....rather not mention him except thru private message. Are you there already? Or headed there? 

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2021 at 12:52 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I have a nephew in western Virgina, another in Raleigh, a niece in Chattanooga, and a sister in northwest Georgia. The movement of population to the south has been extraordinary.  Several buddies of mine, and their wives, either have recently or are now moving to Florida as their home state. It speaks profoundly both about atmospheric and population climate in those states. Warm climate and friendly people.

Exciting for those who move there to experience what that region offers but terribly disappointing for those who've called it home for so many years.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

I have a nephew in western Virgina, another in Raleigh, a niece in Chattanooga, and a sister in northwest Georgia. The movement of population to the south has been extraordinary.  Several buddies of mine, and their wives, either have recently or are now moving to Florida as their home state. It speaks profoundly both about atmospheric and population climate in those states. Warm climate and friendly people.

Exciting for those who move there to experience what that region offers but terribly disappointing for those who've called it home for so many years.

It’s definitely going to be an odd next few years.  What originally attracts people to this region will, unfortunately, be the first things that are wiped away by that immigration.  The population on my little corner has doubled and will probably triple when it’s all said and done.  There’s barely a field or forest untouched around us now… it’s all becoming subdivisions and industrialized.   Most of the newcomers are complaining about the traffic and changing landscape.  Well,  a small town loses that small town charm when it’s no longer a small town.  

Oh well.  All things change.

Admin

Check with OkieFoot. Not sure if he is in the area, but I bet he might know some places you could go.

If you are willing to drive a bit, try the Blowing Rock area or SW VA.

• Upvote 2