Asking for help in Honobia

TheTreeman

On 11/29/2021 at 4:19 PM, wiiawiwb said:

Nice find and good picture. How long is the knife?

That’s a Schrade Sharpfinger.  Total length around 7 inches.

ETA.  Camper had already answered above.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

On 11/29/2021 at 7:03 PM, Trogluddite said:

https://images.bonanzastatic.com/afu/images/3677/4909/89/s-l1600.jpg\

Sorry 'bout the size, but you can find these at any mom & pop hardware store I bet and it would easily show length and width in photos such as the one above.  Doesn't weigh a whole lot either.  Their good, clear photos and the details can be seen but why have folks guessing at the size?

Nice folding rule. I have a similar unit.  The 6 inch sliding extension is a good option.  I have plastic folding rules with the metric system.  Viewers may not know that the rule segments will lock at 90 degrees so one can see width and length at the same time. Numbers show up well in photos due to the contrast.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Camper said:

That knife looks to be a vintage 152 schrade sharpfinger, but with antler handles. A quick search says those are about 19.1 cm in length

Thanks Camper and BlackRock. I had thought it looked like a Schrade or an Uncle Henry but could never find the same knife on the internet. 

I went back to the pics of the tracks with the knife beside them and tried to picture the knife inside the tracks, with the end of the handle against the back of the heel.

If the knife is 7" - 7.5", the tracks would appear to be 14-15 inches.  

You may consider a tailor's tape measure which weighs nothing, is usually waterproof, and can be stretched out to 60".

Tailor's tape

Here is a picture of the one I use and it makes your life a lot easier for only a few dollars.

20201018_121242 (006).jpg

Edited by wiiawiwb

• 7 months later...

From the church go south about a 1/3 of a mile and there is a logging road that is now washed out.  About halfway up in 2012 I had 3 walk into my camp.  One was over 10 ft tall (I measured a limb he had to duck under and it was 10 ft from the ground) and in 2007 all the way to the end of the road I had 3 that kept circling where we were parked and they eventually hid in a bush and one was confirmed on night vision sticking his head out of the brush watching us.  It is public land so you don't need permission.  Another place is go east about a 1/4 of a mile and there are about 10 dumpsters.  There is a trail that passes thru the dumpsters.  If I ever go there again that is #1 on my list to spend the night.  Bigfoot is famous for dumpster diving looking for leftover food.

If you don't have a measuring tape, use a dollar bill. Everyone knows exactly how big a dollar is. A simple tool for measurement that everyone carries. No guessing.

• 2 weeks later...