Jungle mirror test

norseman

33 minutes ago, Huntster said:

No. 

I remember a bear that broke into Auto Electric in Anchorage one night near where I worked at the time for the Alaska Railroad. Authorities believed that he saw his image in the window, attacked it, and broke the glass. He then entered and raided the employees refrigerator in the break room. After enjoying the leftovers and condiments, he took a dump on the floor, and left the way he entered.

So. NOT a disgruntled family member ;)

32 minutes ago, hiflier said:

So. NOT a disgruntled family member ;)

The police were sure it was a bear. And not only that, they found evidence that the bear got a ride in a railroad box car to the scene, because a bear broke out of it right behind the building. They figured that the train was clearing another train at a siding, and the box dar door was open. The bear smelled something nice and climbed in. When the train lurched forward, the door slid closed and latched. The train ends up in the Anchorage yard before the bear was about to break out.

2 hours ago, gigantor said:

I think in your side of the country. Are you volunteering to set it up?

Sure. You want it on private property? Or?

18 hours ago, gigantor said:

I'll donate one and three trail cameras to film it.

I got an extra profile one .. like 4 foot tall .. the Woo love it .. maybe I'll stick it out in the Cottonwood campground south of Forks where they bang drums and sing and dance

IMG_0559.jpg

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I sure wouldn't want to make him angry!

I wonder if the eye contact thing is a direct threat, so they look to the side to bluff charge and intimidate?

But the strength there is impressive.

You are correct, direct eye contact and Hell, even SMILING for apes is a threatening posture. Strange to think how we evolved to see those gestures as something positive in our species. 

Edited by Marty

I think Mike Sells did this in TX about 20 yrs ago, except he had a video camera mounted on the top.  If you have ever seen his video clips, some are pretty convincing.  I believe he died of cancer several years ago. 

9 hours ago, dlaw said:

I think Mike Sells did this in TX about 20 yrs ago, except he had a video camera mounted on the top.  If you have ever seen his video clips, some are pretty convincing.........

He had a big mirror set up and got bigfoot pics at it?