Survivorman Bigfoot - Directors cut - Todd Standing trip AB

norseman

14 hours ago, CelticKevin said:

Sorry...you lost me with Todd Standing.

Understandable. I was much more interested in what was going on in Les Stroud’s head behind the scenes of the trip.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
BFF Patron

https://www.bigfurmovie.com/

http://thesasquatchvoice.blogspot.com/2014/11/how-todd-standing-operates-expose.html

Hopefully the movie Big Fur will and the BF recreation being done by Ken Walker will calm the Nordegg digs of Sasquatch. 

Fraud Standing  https://squatchdetective.wordpress.com/tag/ken-walker/

https://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/movies-news-reviews/article244495897.html

I refuse to attend another Ocean Shores Sasquatch Summit because of the sideshow invitee named Standing/Rockwell

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

i really enjoyed this directors cut.   les is good people and honest.  standing may be a hoaxer but he is a hoaxer that has seen bigfoot and knows it exists so im sure stoud learned something from him either way.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I have seen bigfoot. And it looked exactly like the bigfoot that Todd standing recorded with the all black eyes. I was skeptical at first when I saw his pictures, now seeing it first hand..I do believe he is 100% legit.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, DarkEyes said:

I have seen bigfoot. And it looked exactly like the bigfoot that Todd standing recorded with the all black eyes. I was skeptical at first when I saw his pictures, now seeing it first hand..I do believe he is 100% legit.

The thing he recorded with the all black eyes was a stage prop. It may look like a Bigfoot, but it certainly wasn't one.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Doodler said:

The thing he recorded with the all black eyes was a stage prop. It may look like a Bigfoot, but it certainly wasn't one.

The one I saw was nearly a 100% match to the picture he had, down to the all black eyes.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 8:47 PM, DarkEyes said:

The one I saw was nearly a 100% match to the picture he had, down to the all black eyes.

My friend said the exact same thing (in Alaska).  It may have been a prop, but it was a prop that was made to look like one that was real (apparently).

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/20/2022 at 3:05 PM, DarkEyes said:

Props and bears. You certainly do deserve to see a real man ape. 

Best of luck 

14 hours ago, Dave said:

My friend said the exact same thing (in Alaska).  It may have been a prop, but it was a prop that was made to look like one that was real (apparently).

Yea, i was flabbergasted when I saw it and realized what it looked like. I was always on the fence with that one Todd posted. Whether it was a prop one he filmed, it was based off an actual sighting of his for sure. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 7:06 AM, CelticKevin said:

Sorry...you lost me with Todd Standing.

Just last week I decided to see how the other half live and listened to interviews with Janice Carter quickly followed by one with Tood Standing.

Blinky, the magical Sylvanic Valley and all his other nonsense over the years aside (if that's possible)... The interview gave an insight into his mindset and it wasn't pretty. From the current shenanigans where he wants us to believe he's going to stop billionaire hunters from harvesting a bigfoot single-handedly. To the very strong and unwavering belief that he will be the one to prove BF with irrefutable HD footage (clearly forgot about his already existing irrefutable headshots of BF). 

As tempting as it may be I for one would not be going into the wilderness with this guy on one of his 'expeditions'. Certainly there is something a little broken with Todd. Very sad case.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Whom do you trust?

I wish we could have a trust profile on various experts and people who claim a bigfoot event.   I know this is not easy- if not impossible.  On top of that, it would be tough to know if one could trust the person or organization doing the grading.  

It's difficult to know if some of the people/video/book/story is even worth the trouble.  I remember a TV show where one of the anthropologists had some forced but legitimate compliments of Jeff Meldrum.  He seemed reluctantly open- minded to the concept Bigfoot might exist but just wants proof.   He was fair in that he complemented Meldrum on his knowledge, scientific approach and so on and what Meldrum was bringing to the topic in a much-needed way.   

We might grade someone like Meldrum as a high grade where someone else might get a low grade.   Roger Patterson would fairly get a lower grade for some reputation score unrelated to bigfoot (paying bills, not returning a camera) but his encounter and the film would both get a very high grades.

We need some grading system or weeding out of the bad stuff if the Bigfoot topic will ever move forward.  There are just too many kooks and nuts and too many who are just as unreasonable as the unreasonable skeptic hardliners.

I have not followed Standing beyond a video that I watched.  It felt very weak in my opinion.  If I am right, then what does that say about the person putting it out there as real?

Who are those who we should rate highly?   Who are those who are the best case or best evidence?  If one is to go to the Supreme Court of Public Opinion, I would much rather have Bill Munns, Meldrum, and others than I would Survivorman or some guy who claims he shot bigfoot and buried him in the woods.  I realize the BFFs is a great place to have that discussion and sort that out.  We must find a way to call balls and strikes.   Believers need to be a bit more skeptical.  We cannot expect Skeptics to be more openminded, however.   For that to happen, it will only come for top-grade experts, witnesses, stories which check out, film, and so on.  I still doubt we can make that happen.  When we are given an opportunity for a TV show, documentary and so on we must put the best case forward.

This Who-do-you-trust issue must be resolved if we are ever going to know how to move forward.    

See the source image

• Upvote 1

I got a third of the way through this link from above before tapping out.

https://thesasquatchvoice.blogspot.com/2014/11/how-todd-standing-operates-expose.html

I'm not a Standing fan, but what I read was not an "expose", it was a rant. The author claims without source that a bunch of forum posters were TS. The author gives "examples" of what apparently is TS speaking on different topics, which is supposed to mean something.

The final "exposure" before I closed the window was the revelation that TS "stole" a research site. Not sure you can "steal" a site, but even if TS somehow managed this, how does that invalidate anything he claims?

I'm not claiming Standing is trustworthy, just that if that is the case against him it needs more work.

• Like 1