Bill

Think Like A Hoaxer

Thepattywagon

Among many things Patterson--assuming that he was a hoaxer--had to plan, one thing was making sure that he enough film in his camera for a Bigfoot sequence occurring at the END of a film roll. In other words, he had to know in advance how long the Bigfoot sequence would be, and then time the horse scenes accordingly. Thus, if Patty was a hoax, then the horse footage is also part of the charade and should not be overlooked for clues of deception.

Yup. 'Timing' the film segments would be a hit or miss endeavor.

Bob H didn't admit to walking across that creek bed more than once, so whatever Roger's plan was with regard to shooting had to be done in one take.

According to Bob Heironimus, that is.

SweatyYeti

Among many things Patterson--assuming that he was a hoaxer--had to plan, one thing was making sure that he enough film in his camera for a Bigfoot sequence occurring at the END of a film roll.

In other words, he had to know in advance how long the Bigfoot sequence would be, and then time the horse scenes accordingly. Thus, if Patty was a hoax, then the horse footage is also part of the charade and should not be overlooked for clues of deception.

Along this line....there was the matter of the filming speed....and the question of 'how much time was left on the reel', versus 'how much time Roger would have thought he had left on the reel'.

Here is some information, regarding those two things...

RogerFilmingSpeed.jpg

If Roger was being honest, regarding the speed he normally set the camera to, and that he didn't know at the time of the filming what it was actually set to.....it would follow that Roger would have been thinking it was set at his usual setting....24fps.....the faster speed. In that case, he would have been expecting the film to run out significantly sooner than it did...(since the film was apparently shot at a slower speed...about 18fps.)

And that means that the 'turn and look' sequence.....his "money shot"....would have been precariously close to the end of the reel....(as far as he knew).

I guess Roger didn't mind risking wasting his trip to Bluff Creek, by planning his "money shot" within only a few seconds of the film running out. ;)

Link to Article:

Article

Edited by SweatyYeti

Drew

It was probably important to secure the film in the fall of '67

A. They had secured the rights to the Bigfoot Inc.

B. Roger has promised revenues from the film to an unknown number of people. allegedly including BobH

C. Spring is too wet, Summer they had not secured the rights yet, Winter, too much snow.

SweatyYeti

It was probably important to secure the film in the fall of '67

A. They had secured the rights to the Bigfoot Inc.

B. Roger has promised revenues from the film to an unknown number of people. allegedly including BobH

C. Spring is too wet, Summer they had not secured the rights yet, Winter, too much snow.

Springtime would have been perfect, Drew. Roger could have gotten 'just the right amount' of footage....then lost his footing on the wet ground, fallen down and busted the camera. :)

Great Topic, Mr. Munns! Assuming Roger faked the film, why did he shake the camera at the end? I mean, the farther Patty walked from Patterson after the lookback sequence, the more he shook the camera. At that point, he shouldn't have been that concerned about exposing any flaws--if indeed he thought there were any--in his masterpiece of a fur suit. Actually, I believe that the footage is genuine, and all the shaking was Patterson's excitement of seeing, let alone filming, something that most people never will. As far as the lookback goes, Patterson had to have timed it so the man in the costume looked back AFTER Patterson stopped running; otherwise, Patty's iconic look would have been just a big blur.

If I were Patterson and I wanted to fool--of all people--John Green and Rene Dahinden, I'd make darn sure Bob Gimlin was present at the first showing of the film to back up my tall tale!

yes,great topic Bill. but lets not forget the guy that says he wore the "suit" and the time lines that are altered to fit Longs book!

more so,the places that a alleged meeting took place that never existed! again Long tries to fit with lame excuse.

or the trip back up to collect a suit,that needing time and expense that was uncalled for? was that the actions of a master hoaxer?

but to cap all this is! "they if doing this master full hoax, would then hand over control to this man that says he was given the "suit and the film"! the smoking gun and the suit. just like that!

then we have,the confession from BH that he shows of said suit on his return to his pals at the tavern and later family members. none who at the time of the showing of the film and this was major news. came forth and said no this is a hoax we have seen this suit and we know who wore it?

ChrisBFRPKY

I'm trying to reason it out how Patterson could have pulled off a hoax, but I'm stuck on one problem in particular. Where did Bob H. hide his car? It had to be close to the campsite as he says he had the costume in his trunk. Then he says he drove back home that night and showed the costume to his bar buddies. (Don't tell Bob H. anything you want to keep quiet if this is the case.)

Patterson could not have Bob H. seen anywhere around if he was the guy in the suit. As a matter of fact, Bob H. should have some sort of alibi set up that he was somewhere else during the filming. So, where do we park Bob H's car? And how do we make sure nobody else has seen it or seen us associated with it or the driver? Chris B.

Guest Kerchak

I'm trying to reason it out how Patterson could have pulled off a hoax, but I'm stuck on one problem in particular. Where did Bob H. hide his car? It had to be close to the campsite as he says he had the costume in his trunk. Then he says he drove back home that night and showed the costume to his bar buddies. (Don't tell Bob H. anything you want to keep quiet if this is the case.)

Patterson could not have Bob H. seen anywhere around if he was the guy in the suit. As a matter of fact, Bob H. should have some sort of alibi set up that he was somewhere else during the filming. So, where do we park Bob H's car? And how do we make sure nobody else has seen it or seen us associated with it or the driver? Chris B.

What a great point.

A brand new shiny car with Washington number plates.....just left there unattended. That's one hell of a risk. :o:O

kitakaze

I'm trying to reason it out how Patterson could have pulled off a hoax, but I'm stuck on one problem in particular. Where did Bob H. hide his car? It had to be close to the campsite as he says he had the costume in his trunk.

"And they had a place picked out so we could hide the car in a bunch of buck brush. It (the buck brush) was tall. We drove the car in and cut some brush, put it around the back of the car, hid the car, wiped the tracks out. You'd never know the car was there driving by. The camp was about half a mile north. They had a campsite right next to the Bluff Creek road." Bob Heironimus - MoB, p348

Guest Kerchak

^

When did Bob H clean the car up then? Was it filthy when he got home? Or did he give it a midnight car wash and polish?

Thepattywagon

According to Bob H, the Buick did get a long scratch on it from being hidden under the brush.

they had a place picked out!--- And they had a place picked out so we could hide the car in a bunch of buck brush. It (the buck brush) was tall. yet the meeting place given by BH never exsisted? you would think that those involved would find such a place that was "picked out" to meet would not be hard to find yet not overlooked? not as though BH drove 5 miles down the road is it! no such meeting place along the hwy, but a convenient one found in the bushes. really!

"And they had a place picked out so we could hide the car in a bunch of buck brush. It (the buck brush) was tall. We drove the car in and cut some brush, put it around the back of the car, hid the car, wiped the tracks out. You'd never know the car was there driving by. The camp was about half a mile north. They had a campsite right next to the Bluff Creek road." Bob Heironimus - MoB, p348

Another story from BH. It does not prove anything.