Bill

Think Like A Hoaxer

ChrisBFRPKY

"And they had a place picked out so we could hide the car in a bunch of buck brush. It (the buck brush) was tall. We drove the car in and cut some brush, put it around the back of the car, hid the car, wiped the tracks out. You'd never know the car was there driving by. The camp was about half a mile north. They had a campsite right next to the Bluff Creek road." Bob Heironimus - MoB, p348

Thanks Kitakaze. It seems Bob H. explained everything in great detail. I think if I was investigating his claim, I'd want to see exactly where the car was hidden and if he could remember the spot.

I wish I lived close to the film site to check out the details, if nothing else for a historical perspective of the event. Bob H. certainly has a detailed memory about some of the events.

Chris B.

Guest Kerchak

I wish I lived close to the film site to check out the details, if nothing else for a historical perspective of the event. Bob H. certainly has a detailed memory about some of the events.

Chris B.

Except the actual suit. :lol:

He also has a detailed memory of things that just aren't there (dry creek, giant hole to hide in, Roger filming from a horse, white ground etc).

SweatyYeti

Bob Heironimus says that he arrived at the filmsite around 8PM, the night before the shoot....and, the shadows in the Film show that it was shot in the afternoon......yet, Bob has no idea whether Roger made the suit himself, or had it made, by a professional.

At about 2:30, Bob 'fumbles the ball' when revealing ( :lol: ) who made the suit...

Note the realistic detail of the median furrow...

PattyGorillaMedianFurrow1.jpg

...and the realistic detail of a protruding elbow-joint, on the back of the arm...

PattyF307GorillaElbowPoint1.jpg

Roger didn't think that this highly-detailed "suit" was even worth mentioning whether he had a professional design and build it....or if he put all these details into it himself?

So....what the heck did Roger and Bob talk about, in all that time between 8PM....and 1PM, the following day......Mrs. Wilson's amazing Apple Pies??? :wacko:

• Upvote 1

xspider1

That's a very good point, Sweaty. BH said "They needed somebody they could trust." And, that trust included giving him the suit to take back home but it didn't include telling him where the suit even came from?? BH didn't wonder about that? That makes just about zero sense. :wacko:

yes BH a man with great recall! then they same guy saw the sign he says he saw for a banner promoting a "Rodeo" at Happy Camp on his way to Bluff Creek adding to his credibility of making the trip. but then Long later learned there was not and as never been a Rodeo at Happy Camp! and "He Long" decided it must have been a banner for the Bigfoot Jamboree on Labor Day weekend, therefore the film must have been shot in early September! Long p 420. "um strange a time traveler perhaps". No Rodeo! just the small matter of it being a Bigfoot Jamboree! LOL!

ChrisBFRPKY

Justwonder, that's interesting. It's kinda strange how someone's memory can be so detailed on some points but clearly lacking on others of the same event.

If Bob H. did make the claim of seeing the rodeo banner that never was, well that's a problem. It's kinda surprising that Long would put that in his book. IMO

I think we have to allow some give and take though since this all happened over 40 years ago. I can understand some memory lapse. Where the problems start IMO is when the story changes when needed all to better support Bob H's credibility. Red flag.

From what I understand, and I've not read Long's book, Bob H. had some sort of problem locating the film site. Well that's an understandable memory lapse. I wonder if Bob Gimlin had the same trouble? I've seen pics of Gimlin there with a WA research group if I remember right. I don't remember reading anything about if Gimlin remembered how to get there or not. That would be an interesting question for an interview. Chris B.

SweatyYeti

That's a very good point, Sweaty. BH said "They needed somebody they could trust." And, that trust included giving him the suit to take back home but it didn't include telling him where the suit even came from?? BH didn't wonder about that? That makes just about zero sense. :wacko:

Yup, that's about right, xspider....zero sense. ;)

It is absolutely implausible that Roger and Bob H. could have both been there at Bluff Creek for that length of time, without either one of them talking, or asking, about the origins of the "suit".

Bob actually contradicts himself, regarding who made the suit. In the Lie detector Show interview, he says that Roger "had the suit made"......yet, in another interview, Heironimus said this...

Rob McConnell: What was Patterson like while he was taking the film? Was he joking around? Did he act as though this was going to be a con?

Heironimus: He was very serious about this. Anybody that would spend all that time modifying the suit, arranging to go down there, his brother-in-law was backing him financially—it was planned out very good.

From this Article...

40th Anniversary of Patty

While I was just looking through that article, I found something very interesting. In contrast to what Roger 'didn't say'.....there is what Bob alleges Roger did say. And, it's just as non-sensical. :)

In the 'Lie Detector' Show....Bob H claims that, after he did his walk...Roger said to him......"That's Perfect!".

Well, I just found yet another instance where Heironimus says Roger said....."That's Perfect!"

From the '40th Anniversary of Patty' article...

Rob McConnell: "Bob, I had the pleasure of talking to you off-air. Tell us how you met Roger Patterson. Were you the man in the costume?"

Heironimus: "Yes, sir, I was. Gimlin said they were going to make a movie of this Bigfoot suit. He said they were going to sell it to the movie people and make a lot of money. He asked me to see Patterson, so I went to his place. [This was described on p. 143 in Long’s book, if you’re following along.]

He said, “We’ll give you $1000 to wear the suit—it won’t take over ten minutes.†So I agreed to do it. I tried the suit on at his place a couple of times. They needed somebody big and strong like I am.

This “a couple of times†is a significant change from the book, where only one try-on was described, after which Patterson said, “That’s perfect,†implying that no more try-ons were necessary. (p. 346)

So why has Heironimus added a second try-on?

There is still another interview, where three times Heironimus says that Roger said...."That's Perfect". <_<

When I find that video, I'll post it.....along with a re-cap of all the things that Roger declared to be....."Perfect".

Here's to a 'Perfectly Pathetic Confession'... :lol: ...

yes,you have to ask? why Long did in fact put that in the book!even more so the fact that it was a Bigfoot event and played down, and BH did not see the significance that could mean!. for Long to take the time to research and disclaim BH and then say it must have been "such" smacks of shoehorning.

what, this shows in context is BH is a unreliable witness and not the sort that a Hoaxer would trust! more so to hand over the film and said to suit.

wufgar

I would certainly not choose the site "Bluff Creek" if I wanted my hoax to be taken seriously (and certainly RP wanted this footage to be taken seriously lest anyone want to call out on that). BLUFF Creek. I mean, really? As if RP were providing a nudge and a wink that the whole thing were an elaborate snipe hunt. If he were hoaxing he did many a thing totally bass ackwards, site choice in particular.

Incorrigible1

Plus, he missed his calling that would have made him legendary as a costume designer in Hollywood. That Patterson! An Artful Dodger, Simon Jester character if one ever walked the PNW.

parnassus

Hmm

Suppose Patterson tells Bob H that he got the suit from Phillip Morris. Now suppose it's 2002 and Bob tells Long that? Then later Long gets confirmation from Morris and wife.

Now I know you will never admit it, but it makes perfect sense to keep Bob in the dark on anything that's verifiable.

xspider1

Hmm

Suppose Patterson tells Bob H that he got the suit from Phillip Morris.

Hmm indeed. I don't recall BH ever saying that Roger told him that. Do you? In fact, BH seems to distance himself from the Morris claim altogether. How could your suppose be true?? Wouldn't BH have spilled those beans also, if that were the case? ;)

xspider1

If he were hoaxing he did many a thing totally bass ackwards, site choice in particular.

Oh! good post wufgar! Bluff Creek, Really? Really??

Then hire the most trust worthy person you can find to wear a Bigfoot suit, give him the suit to take home and he will never ask what the suit is or where it came from but he will immediately show it to everyone at the bar?? <_< I don't see that as ever having happened.

SweatyYeti

Hmm indeed. I don't recall BH ever saying that Roger told him that. Do you? In fact, BH seems to distance himself from the Morris claim altogether. How could your suppose be true??

Wouldn't BH have spilled those beans also, if that were the case? ;)

There's a whole Boatload of Beans that Bob should have spilled, by now...if he were, in fact, the true "insider"... :unsure:

Sung to the tune of the Three Stooges 'Fish Song'...

....the Bob Heironimus "Confession Song"...

"It.....smelled like.....felt like....looked like....seemed like....sorta like...and, in a way...it was almost like"... :wacko: