I'm a sucker for any new Bigfoot show , anyone going to watch the new show on Discovery plus?

I ran across Beans first Podcast yesterday while stuck in Portland traffic heading back to Forks for Christmas..  Beans has a Great voice and the books sound like a 4 sure read..  

what was the name of the website that sells the locator beacons ? the wife tried to look it up while we were driving but didn't find it.. we been wanting a beacon and would love to support our community by purchasing from within .. 

• 3 weeks later...

The wife and I watched the first episode the other night. Neither of us was particularly impressed. For one, they refused to go into the forest so not much luck of finding anything. And second, they attributed every sound they heard and even the changing of the weather to the creature. It was basically Finding Bigfoot with guns. But at least the Finding Bigfoot team actually attempts to track the animals in the woods rather than sit around camp on a beach all night. 

Edited by Wooly Booger

My problem with these shows (pretty much all of them) is that no matter how "active" an area is, there is never any proof or real encounter. It's all knocks and noises and shadows.  And when there IS an opportunity (like when the creature is supposedly "right outside" the tent or the abandoned house (where they slept the first night), they do nothing but film their "terrified" faces. **** man - Run outside with flashlights or thermal cameras or shoot the thing through the tent.  The film crew has a thermal drone. They used it like twice. Why not fly it constantly looking for or tracking the creature?  They showed the thermal footage of it "walking towards the camp" and then.... nothing.  

This creature supposedly trashed their camp - no one saw it. It destroyed their tent. No proof. The episode where they set up a tree stand and are going to man it each night.... The one and only time they do this (so far), the guy in the tree stand "promised himself" to not turn on the light he had with him and the creature is supposedly right below him. Really? How convenient. He's got a gun, and a light. No radio? No way to call back to camp? No thermal camera? If you look at all the drone shots from the camera crew in the day (and look at google maps of the area), it's just not that much land, and it's a peninsula.  If bigfoot is terrorizing their camp, it seems relatively simply to capture a photo or video or something tangible due to the location of their tent and restricted access to it on the peninsula.  

I get that if you are a normal person and you aren't looking for bigfoot and something happens, you aren't prepared or are too scared to do anything. This is not the case with all of these "expert outdoorsmen" "trappers" and "bear hunters".  They are there for the simple reason of bigfoot. They have equipment and weapons to defend themselves. Yet it's all Blair Witch footage. Ugh. 

• Upvote 1

Hi, James 33, that group may have a lot more than what is portrayed on the video. I get where you're coming from and The BFF members been all over that type of thing throughout the Finding Bigfoot and Expedition:Bigfoot programs. Believe me when I say none of it sits well with anyone here. The excuse of course is that it's all for entertainment, but it's only an excuse. I've never had an encounter so don't know what I would do if I was in their place on that peninsula. And whether I'd be successful or not since I don't have a firearm, I know what I picture myself doing:

Aragorn.gif.900197bfe9aec0f3878abc652180f2ce.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I know what I picture myself doing:

^^^^^^

You picture yourself getting your head chopped off? That is sad. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

^^^^^^

YO! DUDE!  I be the one with the cleaving tool....uh....if it doesn't get taken away first, or I don't faint, or my pants aren't so full of poo that I can't move. Of course, if it's all three then I dare say ol' hiflier won't be posting much ;)

2 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

^^^^^^

No. Ripped off. With a sword in his keister.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, James33 said:

My problem with these shows (pretty much all of them) is that no matter how "active" an area is, there is never any proof or real encounter. It's all knocks and noises and shadows.  And when there IS an opportunity (like when the creature is supposedly "right outside" the tent or the abandoned house (where they slept the first night), they do nothing but film their "terrified" faces. **** man - Run outside with flashlights or thermal cameras or shoot the thing through the tent.  The film crew has a thermal drone. They used it like twice. Why not fly it constantly looking for or tracking the creature?  They showed the thermal footage of it "walking towards the camp" and then.... nothing.  

This creature supposedly trashed their camp - no one saw it. It destroyed their tent. No proof. The episode where they set up a tree stand and are going to man it each night.... The one and only time they do this (so far), the guy in the tree stand "promised himself" to not turn on the light he had with him and the creature is supposedly right below him. Really? How convenient. He's got a gun, and a light. No radio? No way to call back to camp? No thermal camera? If you look at all the drone shots from the camera crew in the day (and look at google maps of the area), it's just not that much land, and it's a peninsula.  If bigfoot is terrorizing their camp, it seems relatively simply to capture a photo or video or something tangible due to the location of their tent and restricted access to it on the peninsula.  

I get that if you are a normal person and you aren't looking for bigfoot and something happens, you aren't prepared or are too scared to do anything. This is not the case with all of these "expert outdoorsmen" "trappers" and "bear hunters".  They are there for the simple reason of bigfoot. They have equipment and weapons to defend themselves. Yet it's all Blair Witch footage. Ugh. 

None of that was real 

2 hours ago, norseman said:

No. Ripped off. With a sword in his keister.

Yep, and everyone will just write any DNA evidence off as yet another bogus case of Human DNA contamination ;)

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 11:55 PM, BeansBaxter78 said:

Here you go guys. Here are my thoughts and experiences with the show. It should also be available on all podcatchers like Spotify Etc.

Beans Vs. Alaskan Killer Bigfoot

I visited the facebook page and there's an interesting video someone posted after watching the show.

It's either just camera distortion or something is accidentally filmed moving while they examine some tracks they found. Or it's one of the camera crew trying to hide from the shot.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:31 AM, James33 said:

The film crew has a thermal drone.

Oh, man, that'd be an AWESOME tool. Wish I had one! I did find my drone, however, finally. 

On 12/7/2021 at 7:18 PM, 7.62 said:

Yet another so-called reality show is featuring Alaska in its plotline. The latest, from the streaming service Discovery Plus, is called “Alaskan Killer Bigfoot,” and is set in and around an abandoned Kenai Peninsula ghost town.

According to its promotional materials, “Alaskan Killer Bigfoot” follows four men as they explore Portlock, near the tip of the Kenai Peninsula, and try to “reclaim” the land from the terrifying bigfoot-like beast known as Nantiinaq, which reportedly sent villagers fleeing 70 years ago as it went on a murderous rampage.

This show horrible.  I was hoping the Ron Morehead show was going to be better. 
this is so staged makes it hard to watch. Just the opening was bad.  In that shed with all those cracks and you couldn’t get a picture.  Then the last one with the was terriably. 

• Upvote 1