Norse’s trail cam pics

norseman

Cool, Norseman, thanks. Nice ear shot. Git yer am's and pm's squared away? Healthy looking animals :) The one drivin' that machine around doesn't look too bad either ;)  

Edited by hiflier
  • Thanks 1

• gigantor featured this topic

great pics, norseman. Interesting pic that shows that one deer on her hind legs. I was thinking this can happen when several are around feed and one of the deer wants to try to establish dominance.

• Thanks 1

Norse, you’ve got deer AND moose on your land? And elk if they want to show up? You could put together quite a “slide show” or montage with all the photos of critters who live by you. I’m impressed!

• Thanks 1

Have any images of the Selkirk Caribou?  They tranquilized one of the remaining few 'sort of Washington Caribou' several years ago and transported it to a Canadian facility. I posted 'sort of Washington Caribou' because they used to roam around NE Washington, Idaho and BC.  Just like the moose. One of my neighbors was camping in the Selkirks years ago and saw one of the 'Mountain Caribou'.  Her husband said 'that is a funny looking deer'.  She corrected him of course.  The feet of the Mountain Caribou are wider than the Tundra Caribou. The Canadians are working to increase the Mountain Caribou population.

6 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Have any images of the Selkirk Caribou?  They tranquilized one of the remaining few 'sort of Washington Caribou' several years ago and transported it to a Canadian facility. I posted 'sort of Washington Caribou' because they used to roam around NE Washington, Idaho and BC.  Just like the moose. One of my neighbors was camping in the Selkirks years ago and saw one of the 'Mountain Caribou'.  Her husband said 'that is a funny looking deer'.  She corrected him of course.  The feet of the Mountain Caribou are wider than the Tundra Caribou. The Canadians are working to increase the Mountain Caribou population.

As far as I know they recently declared them extinct. The Wolves ate them. But no I never saw one. Interestingly their Indian name meant “Big Foot”. 

7 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

There are two sets of eyeballs in the background. Nice ears. And they are?

Deer

• gigantor unfeatured this topic

Bullwinkle is back. Trail cam hopefully is working but I got video of him and some deer he was bullying on my phone. Before I saw him I cut his track and where he urinated.

Took a picture of a Bobcat track. He was hunting rabbits.

Found a whitetail shed as well. 

45614B02-31B8-4755-A35E-FAE055C8FD98.jpeg

2FFA730C-DC07-4FCE-9485-914425D5EED7.jpeg

0B0CBEA9-B7B5-430D-9557-A6C605757923.jpeg

66FC3587-9B3A-43BE-BD7D-4675AD02D56E.jpeg

EF2CA817-173D-40BE-9A21-41FA84DDC45E.jpeg

036E6745-29B3-400B-8E47-F9D935C57056.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Love the snow Norseman, wish we get some snow where I live in Detroit. There is snow up in Northern Michigan, but my truck is down. Great pictures by the way. This year I have stayed home and out of the woods. Hope you get a picture of the Big Guy.

• Thanks 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic