Norse’s trail cam pics

norseman

I'll say. A variety of wildlife willing to pose for the camera.

What percent of the bears in your area would you say are cinnamon colored?

• Thanks 1

We had something like 2800 pictures in a week. Mostly Deer and Turkey. The Elk left again. Haven’t seen a Moose since winter.

Cinnamon phase Bears are fairly common. I would say 10-15%? 1 in 8?

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Wolfjewel said:

Great pics on your trail cam. That last one looks like a cougar?!

Thanks! There are Cougar here. But that’s a black bear but cinnamon phase. He was in an earlier picture.

2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Norse....how do you determine where to position your trailcams?

It’s an old Indian trick….

😜

D0ABC06B-CA72-420F-8FAC-74D066EDDA78.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:29 AM, Wolfjewel said:

Great pics on your trail cam. That last one looks like a cougar?!

I thought cougar too. But had to look harder and seen that it was a bear.

@norsemanNever knew that bears go through hair phases.   Well at least with Black bears. The Bigfoots might be doing the same thing as well. Michigan you have to go through a lottery to get a tag. It takes times to get your tag since it is on a point system.  Never tasted bear but I have heard that it tastes very well.  Nice little spot to hang a tree stand. Not sure if you bow hunt. Does seem like a good area for some excitement though.

I have stopped using bait. Started looking for rubs and scrapes and setting up in between their travel routes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

I thought cougar too. But had to look harder and seen that it was a bear.

@norsemanNever knew that bears go through hair phases.   Well at least with Black bears. The Bigfoots might be doing the same thing as well. Michigan you have to go through a lottery to get a tag. It takes times to get your tag since it is on a point system.  Never tasted bear but I have heard that it tastes very well.  Nice little spot to hang a tree stand. Not sure if you bow hunt. Does seem like a good area for some excitement though.

I have stopped using bait. Started looking for rubs and scrapes and setting up in between their travel routes.

Black bears come it different colors. They are born that way. There is even a blue Glacier bear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacier_bear

Im not a fan. But a lot of it depends on what the bear is eating. My great grandmother used bear lard for all her cooking. My mother and aunt were raised by her and said she made the best pie crusts in the world. They used crisco and claimed it’s just not the same.

I have bow hunted before. I hurt my shoulder and gave it up. Bear season here is long and you can use any weapon.

4 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

........Never knew that bears go through hair phases.   Well at least with Black bears...........

"Brown" bears do the same thing, from platinum blonde to black. No blue, though.

BD850F90-2648-4740-AEA8-3848218A1DB5.jpeg

0C237470-94C9-4BF1-8A7A-0BE9755D9D2C.jpeg

• Like 1

• gigantor featured this topic