Norse’s trail cam pics

norseman

17 hours ago, norseman said:

Bull just showed back up. Same one as last winter

6BC1CD43-2BDE-4E62-A1A2-F40AF006B730.png

That's a nice pic.

If you don't mind me sidetracking just a bit with this story, but seeing your pic of the young bull moose makes me think of it.

We used to live in Calgary, AB when I was a real young kid. A number of years ago my dad told me about an incident that happened to a co-worker of his when we were still living there. His co-worker liked to hunt and fish, and one Monday morning he showed up at work all scratched up, so naturally everyone wondered what had happened.

It turned out the co-worker had gone trout fishing  in the Kananaskis area, and when he came upon a beaver pond, there was a bull moose standing by the pond. The moose took out after the co-worker, so he then took off and managed to make it to a big enough tree and climbed the tree to safety.

He had dropped his rod and got his wicker creel off, although he said he didn't even remember doing that. The moose stepped on his rod.

He also told them he passed three squirrels on the way up the tree.

3 minutes ago, OkieFoot said:

That's a nice pic.

If you don't mind me sidetracking just a bit with this story, but seeing your pic of the young bull moose makes me think of it.

We used to live in Calgary, AB when I was a real young kid. A number of years ago my dad told me about an incident that happened to a co-worker of his when we were still living there. His co-worker liked to hunt and fish, and one Monday morning he showed up at work all scratched up, so naturally everyone wondered what had happened.

It turned out the co-worker had gone trout fishing  in the Kananaskis area, and when he came upon a beaver pond, there was a bull moose standing by the pond. The moose took out after the co-worker, so he then took off and managed to make it to a big enough tree and climbed the tree to safety.

He had dropped his rod and got his wicker creel off, although he said he didn't even remember doing that. The moose stepped on his rod.

He also told them he passed three squirrels on the way up the tree.

More people die from Moose than Bear each year. I had a buddy that was treed for hours, the bull would not let him outta the tree and trashed the surrounding forest.

A bull Moose is no joke. Either is a cow with calves.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, norseman said:

More people die from Moose than Bear each year. I had a buddy that was treed for hours, the bull would not let him outta the tree and trashed the surrounding forest.

A bull Moose is no joke. Either is a cow with calves.

That's interesting about more people dying from moose than bears. It's also interesting about your buddy getting treed for hours and the moose trashing the area.

I have heard they will do that. My dad did say the co-worker told them the moose stayed around the tree for a little while, although not for hours; I think it was more like ten minutes or so. He did tell them the moose stomped the ground several times and I'm not certain but I think my dad said that was when the moose either broke or almost broke the rod.

I can also well imagine the danger posed by a cow moose with a calf.

3 hours ago, norseman said:

I can no longer upload any of my game cam pics. 🤷‍♂️

What happened? I'm amazed qat the amount of action you get there.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...