gigantor

• Steering Committee
BFF Donor

May the best researcher win!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Researcher A
BFF Patron

Are the two judges selected by the Forum Management Team bound by any qualifications of membership, research acumen or bigfoot organization affiliation?  Just what are the qualifications?  Are they independent of forum offices held?  Are previous award winners disqualified or eligible?(either to be eligible to win again or to be judges)  Thanking you in advance.  Best of searching to all those bringing the bacon. 

Edited by bipedalist

• Engaged Member
BFF Donor

Great question. A better way to determine a winner would be to be voted by all members inmho.

• Steering Committee
BFF Donor
On 1/12/2022 at 11:37 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Great question. A better way to determine a winner would be to be voted by all members inmho.

"BFF members in good standing with 50 or more posts will vote to select a winner from the three finalists from December 26th to December 31rst, 2022."

Gosh, that seems pretty inclusive of established, interested BFF members.

• Thanks 2

• FMT
BFF Donor
On 1/12/2022 at 6:16 PM, bipedalist said:

Are the two judges selected by the Forum Management Team bound by any qualifications of membership, research acumen or bigfoot organization affiliation?

The only qualification is that there can't be a conflict of interest. For example, participants can't be judges. Special consideration will be given to donors who contributed the most, don't have an entry on the contest and wish to be a judge.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:16 PM, bipedalist said:

Are they independent of forum offices held?  Are previous award winners disqualified or eligible?

Nobody is disqualified from participating.

• FMT
BFF Donor

I forgot to mention, I am almost certain some Steering Committee members will participate in the contest, we will find alternate judges.

• Engaged Member
BFF Donor
7 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

"BFF members in good standing with 50 or more posts will vote to select a winner from the three finalists from December 26th to December 31rst, 2022."

Gosh, that seems pretty inclusive of established, interested BFF members.

It certainly does. Thank you for the clarification. 

I should have read more details. 

• Upvote 1

• Sésquac
BFF Donor

Am I missing something? I have a tag after my name from 2020, and this contest is for 2022. Where was 2021? ;)

• FMT
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, NorthWind said:

Where was 2021?

We didn't have the money. We can have a contest every year with a $1,000 prize, or every other year with $2,000+ prize.

I think we're going to have it every other year unless you guys step up and donate more.

• Sésquac
BFF Donor

Gotcha. I thought I was just losing my mind. 

Don’t worry NorthWind, even if you did lose your mind you’d have company. Someone said:

“Of all the things I’ve lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.”
I didn’t make up this saying but I’ll join the person who said it!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Am I missing something? I have a tag after my name from 2020, and this contest is for 2022. Where was 2021? ;)

You don't wanna know ...

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'll get us started with my first submission. I will not be re-using any of the previous BFF researcher of the year material.  For my submissions I will only be using data acquired from 2021 & 2022. 

This site is an on going investigation site from 2021, now that we've retrieved enough data to satisfy us we're comfortable sharing that the "wineberry" site is actually home of the Polk Gap Monster, a local name for  bigfoot that has amassed sightings for over 100 years. 

Tb

• Upvote 2