Top Three Suggestions

DrPSH

Dr.PSH, one more thing: I’d love to hear about your first several research outings in terms of what you were able to put into real life practice from the recommendations given. And of course, if anything happens—even if inconclusive. Have a great and memorable time!

@DrPSH I skimmed through the last 3 pages just to see if there was anything that I could add as a Naturalist, one thing I always do in any area im in is journal the findings. Not all forest is created equal, look for the presence of salamanders, crayfish, a variety of mushrooms, and a mixed canopy. Those areas will be the healthiest, oldest, and best areas for study. Make a list of the fauna in your notebook, you'll notice patterns develop and be able to zero in on prime areas as you continue the journey at accelerated rates saving you both time and effort.

Enjoy the forest!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Make a list of the fauna in your notebook,

Reporters notebook. Fits in a pocket or pouch. 4 inches wide, 8 inches long. Not waterproof. The 4 color pen will draw comments but research is more than black and white.

IMG_3156.JPG

Here comes the first comment on the pen....I HAVE ONE STILL from the long ago time when I could not have been expected to show up at school without it. And it still has ink left. I don't have one of those cool-sized notebooks, but I can fix that. Thanks, Catmandoo.