Terror In The Woods

Somerset

I downloaded the above by W J Sheehan, are the stories kosher or is it a all crap? Some very interesting stories if true especially about swimming Bigfoot.

I don't see a link?

I don't have data st my fingertips, but there ARE accounts of them swimming. Cliff Barackman and many other researchers think they swim the Columbia River between Oregon and Washington (which is a huge river!).

37 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

I don't see a link?

I don't have data st my fingertips, but there ARE accounts of them swimming. Cliff Barackman and many other researchers think they swim the Columbia River between Oregon and Washington (which is a huge river!).

Sorry I dont have a link, the post was more about the books being fact or fiction really as I know there is a lot of made up stuff just to sell books.

Well, sheehan just collects and publishes the reports sent into him, so i wouod say they are a grab bag of truth and fiction just like any report database. You've really got to sift through them, some of the ones you read will immediatly feel or sound off, just trust your gut with those.

Edited by Skinwalker13
Spelling

17 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Well, sheehan just collects and publishes the reports sent into him, so i wouod say they are a grab bag of truth and fiction just like any report database. You've really got to sift through them, some of the ones you read will immediatly feel or sound off, just trust your gut with those.

Thanks, backs up what I was thinking after listening to the book, definitely some drink or drug fueled stories but plenty that sound ok. 

On 1/12/2022 at 10:48 AM, Madison5716 said:

I don't see a link?

I've definitely heard of these creatures swimming, including the instances of Witnesses seeing them swimming Columbia River like you mentioned. It is also said that they swim to and from Vancouver Island among other destinations.

I heard a few accounts on podcasts about Sasquatch swimming... In one instance one swam toward a boat of fisherman,, who promptly vacated the area. In another story two younger kids had a hungry Sasquatch swim up and relieve the youths of a stringer of fish.

Certain primates, including humans of course, do exhibit the ability to swim so it is certainly plausible that our large hairy friends occasionally do as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlaau1t3LTE

Edited by Hoekler73
grammar/ sentence correction
  • Upvote 1

I've heard several stories of them swimming and i see no reason to doubt that they would or could. I mean, certainly if it came to locating more resources for survival or evading a group of hunters I think it is logical they would do so.

• Upvote 1

It would also be a potential way to regulate body temperature in areas otherwise too hot for a large, well insulated "critter".   

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, MIB said:

It would also be a potential way to regulate body temperature in areas otherwise too hot for a large, well insulated "critter".   

It could also be a way to survive a wildfire as long as breathing was an option. If breathing wasn't then there could be BF or other skeletons in the bottoms of ponds?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

It could also be a way to survive a wildfire as long as breathing was an option. If breathing wasn't then there could be BF or other skeletons in the bottoms of ponds?

Potentially, yeah.   I'd expect so.   I think it is worth looking into.   

Applying the notion to my spots would fail ... what I'd want to do is fly the lakes with a drone.   Water depth is often less than 20 feet and water clarity is such that anything new on the bottom would be pretty obvious, however, it's almost all within wilderness boundaries so we're back to the same problem as before regarding drones: no legal operating window.   Mask and snorkel could work in late summer after the water .. or at least the near-surface water .. has warmed to non-fatal :) levels.  

I find the idea appealing.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2022 at 11:47 AM, langfordbc said:

There are a number of accounts in "Raincoast Sasquatch" of them swimming in the ocean.

Southeast Alaska is literally a submerged mountain range. The water depth increases rapidly a short distance from the shoreline in many areas. The islands are populated by animals that can swim across the channels. Deer, bears and others. Killer whales pick off swimming ungulates.  The bears swim the channels to get to the little deer. The water temperature is fatal to humans.  We have to guess that Sasquatch have excellent circulation control and body temperature regulation.

3 hours ago, MIB said:

Mask and snorkel could work in late summer after the water .. or at least the near-surface water .. has warmed to non-fatal :) levels.  

I find the idea appealing.

When I was a kid there was a movie around called The Glass Bottom Boat. I've never seen the actual movie but the idea has always intrigued me to have a thick glass panel installed in a small boat like a pram or canoe. I had about a three or four inch tube with circle of clear plastic mounted in one end. I'd stick it over the side and into the water and NEVER got tired of seeing fish of all kinds and exploring the structures and dead trees that littered the bottom either from a boat or when wading close to shore.

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1