Terror In The Woods

Somerset

Maybe an RC boat with a cam pointed down if you cannot fly a drone? One that could drop a marker if you saw something of interest. Then go back with mask and snorkel. 

^^^^^Well, funny you should post about that. Mask and snorkel gets very, very, very cold!  Inflatable viewing devices exist for not much money. How about a clear bottom inflatable boat?  There are RC bait drop boats.  If you want to spend some money, the RC water drones are available.

Inflatable boat with clear bottom. Less than 4 lbs;

https://www.amazon.com/Sieco-Design-AQUAVUE-Voyager-Inflatable/dp/B00TGTFOAC/ref=asc_df_B00TGTFOAC/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312163510212&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1180724855260627534&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&

RC bait drop / fishing boats. You can drop your marker buoy or Mepps lure. Not sure if beavers tolerate these RC devices;

https://www.amazon.com/RC-Fishing-Boats/s?k=RC+Fishing+Boats

Serious money:  PowerDolphin, PowerRay and PowerSeeker.

https://www.powervision.me/en/product/powerdolphin

Inflatable hand held viewers are very packable. 

RC bait boat control frequencies may interfere with a cameras transmission. Buyer beware and check the fine print. I think that getting the alligator/crocodile RC boat is pushing the envelope. Putting a shark fin on a boat might be fun. ( it is Terror In The Woods,   you might need a bigger boat....).

The RC marine drones get into serious battery costs.

No, I haven't looked at this scenario.

Edited by Catmandoo
text

Maybe it's just me, but looking for a sasquatch underwater sounds like a search for Nessie in a forest. It might be fun, but it doesn't seem like the tactic that's going to win one the gold medal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Huntster said:

Maybe it's just me, but looking for a sasquatch underwater sounds like a search for Nessie in a forest. It might be fun, but it doesn't seem like the tactic that's going to win one the gold medal.

I agree, likely not.

But I'd be willing to betcha $20 Monopoly money it hasn't been tried before, mainly for the reason that it probably wouldn't produce results. Nothing wrong with trying something different, and bones haven't been found. Yet. There are a lot of bodies of water here. Likely the only exploration of any of them has been with fish-finders or magnet on a rope - if that. Thinking outside the box is often good. And, it gets a person out into the woods, which is always better than sitting in an armchair (not a jab at you, I promise!).

Perhaps underwater, yes, but it seems like creeks, rivers and other bodies of water are a weakpoint for them in that the roaring sounds of the water muffles incoming footfalls (and scent?) of people and electronics. Could hide some very inconspicuous trailcams along rivers in known Squatch territories....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthWind said:

........ Nothing wrong with trying something different, and bones haven't been found........

The most recent major hominin finds have been Denisova Man and Flores Man. Both were found in cave digs. I may be unaware, but I don't hear of or read of archeological digs in caves in North America. I wonder why?

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2022 at 3:44 PM, Hoekler73 said:

Aquatic little dudes! Yes, I can see these creatures swimming like us. I would that they would be strong swimmers.  Never seen them in the water but have seen them in the wild. But I bet it be amazing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

The most recent major hominin finds have been Denisova Man and Flores Man. Both were found in cave digs. I may be unaware, but I don't hear of or read of archeological digs in caves in North America. I wonder why?

There's no doubt more to research in this subject like the ancient finds in the Mammoth Caves but this article shows that more and more scientists in the last fifty years are out there finding and exploring these deep places: https://theconversation.com/ancient-americans-made-art-deep-within-the-dark-zones-of-caves-throughout-the-southeast-158497

And we DO have a member who's currently busy going for his PhD in archeology and who is a proponent of the Sasquatch's existence. In fact, that member will be using spring break to do BF related field research to look for proof of the reality of the creature, and member's main research interest involves caves.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

And a nice "hello" goes out to Wooly Booger :)

BUT, would a Sasquatch discovery ever reach us if any discoveries were considered Human remains? Information on Human remains does sometimes get published but one could surmise that a very robust set of remains with certain Sasquatch anatomical features would not?

https://archive.org/details/guidelinesforres00knoe/mode/2up

Edited by hiflier
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, hiflier said:

When I was a kid there was a movie around called The Glass Bottom Boat. I've never seen the actual movie but the idea has always intrigued me to have a thick glass panel installed in a small boat like a pram or canoe. I had about a three or four inch tube with circle of clear plastic mounted in one end. I'd stick it over the side and into the water and NEVER got tired of seeing fish of all kinds and exploring the structures and dead trees that littered the bottom either from a boat or when wading close to shore.

I grew up in central Florida, as kids we got to go many times to Silver Springs, the glass bottom boat trips over the springs were amazing...love to go back & into deeper waters, maybe where the Lettuce Lake sas was filmed. Plenty of swamps down there for skunk apes to fish in, hunt gators, snakes...if you haven't seen the Lettuce Lake video, it's really intriguing.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On a somewhat unrelated note, but not really given the title of the thread is "Terror in the Woods," I recently watched a documentary called "Don't Call me Bigfoot" in which Mattsquatch mentioned a second or third hand account. There is no way of verifying the accuracy of this report, so I am not sure if it is true or not, but if it is true it would certainly make things interesting. He referenced an account told by a CIA operative working in Nepal decades ago where he allegedly witnessed an encounter between a Bigfoot-like animal and a tiger over a deer carcass. The tiger had apparently killed the deer and the Bigfoot was attempting to steal the kill. The tiger stood its ground, but the apparently enraged Bigfoot picked up the tiger and broke its spine and then walked off with the deer carcass.

Again, there is no way of verifying the accuracy or lack there of, of this report. But if true it would give new meaning to the phrase "Terror in the Woods." And any animal capable of breaking a fully grown Bengal tiger in half would certainly take the title of "apex predator" to a whole new level...

• Upvote 1