Trying a new area

wiiawiwb

That's awesome, Wii! Your own private bigfooting place! I'll bet you are excited beyond belief! I love finding new areas. Even just to be out in the woods in a new spot if noting else. Hopefully, you'll have activity and be able to camp up there. I'm excited for you.

The exciting part for me is the private aspect of that swath of land. Little intrusion by humans is an invitation to wildlife and thus our furry friend.

• Upvote 1

^^^^ Must be midwest or east coast?    I've got somewhere around 5 million acres of to roam in my corner of the state.

The national forests of the PNW have a wonderful network of old logging roads that, if you can walk, generally provide access to those lands. But even then, as the PG filmsite and the Port Orford Cedar closures illustrate (not to mention the intentional neglect and subsequent closure of access roads), public land can be administratively closed or simply become inaccessible. For sasquatches, this is a blessing.

21 hours ago, Huntster said:

The national forests of the PNW have a wonderful network of old logging roads that, if you can walk, generally provide access to those lands. But even then, as the PG filmsite and the Port Orford Cedar closures illustrate (not to mention the intentional neglect and subsequent closure of access roads), public land can be administratively closed or simply become inaccessible. For sasquatches, this is a blessing.

Same through this area…old logging and forestry roads crisscross our current area.  Many of them are too far gone even for 4 wheel drive vehicles, but they are usually easier to navigate on foot then just busting through the brush.

A lot of the national and state parks/forests used to be private property with inhabitants…before the residents were kicked off of their land by the government.  If you pay attention to the lay of the land, you can often tell where old dirt roads or cleared spots for cabins used to be.  We have found possible Sasquatch tracks on some of these old, overgrown roads before.  

• Upvote 2

On 1/15/2022 at 1:51 PM, wiiawiwb said:

We chatted for a while and they were excited about having purchased a 1,000-acre area in what is a remote region to begin with. Included on their property is a 125-acre pond.  It's about an hour and a half from my house.

That sounds FANTASTIC! How amazing to run into such an opportunity. I hope it pans out for you!