bigfoot near kamas utah? where to search.

trapper

I plan to live in the uintah mountains for two or three weeks this coming summer.  im coming from slc utah so i want to be east of kamas but not go over the peak to where mirror lake is.  i have two questions related to this trip which will be focused on trying to see or hear a bigfoot. 

1- can anyone recommend a place east of kamas that would be a good place to camp for two or three weeks?   i have a hunch about a place called upper setting.  its only a few miles east of kamas utah and then you go left up a dirt road with switchbacks till you get to upper setting.  i have always just had a feeling about this place bit there is not a lot of water just a small creek up there and i want to choose a good spot for this trip.

2- any recommendations for bigfoot organizations that i could contact to get more information on good places? 

thanks for any help and informatoin.

• Upvote 1

Maybe our esteemed member, Kiwakwe, will chime in here who has reported in from several trips into the Uintas for that very reason in the last few years and seems to like the area a lot.

Hello, @trapper. I would think you're talking about a good area to begin with. Almost anywhere you go around there could be good. Nathan Reo was from around there, but he has pulled all his videos down for the most part. Still, you may be able to hook up with people from "Project Go and See" which is a group he started or was involved with. I think they are on FaceBook, Twitter, etc, but I'm not sure because I don't "do" FaceBook. Reo would find all kinds of structures in those areas, and he even documented some activity and recorded more than one on video. There was one where he got chased out of an area in those mountains. @Madison5716might be able to direct you to this video if it is still up. Check out her rather extensive playlist for some possible ideas. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJv2YjS83KPg0q8Yre0LIGjdZq5LR_sBd Good success to you! I wish I could tag along. I'd love to check out the forests around there.

Stay safe.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthWind said:

Reo would find all kinds of structures in those areas, and he even documented some activity and recorded more than one on video. There was one where he got chased out of an area in those mountains.

One would think that being "chased out" would be sending a clear message that, although reported fairly often,  researchers seem to ignore. So much for respecting Sasquatches and their home turf. If one isn't out to collect solid proof that science will accept then, in my view, one has no business out there looking for these creatures. It is selfish "research" doing little more than harassing creatures that in no way deserve being harassed.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hiflier said:

One would think that being "chased out" would be sending a clear message that, although reported fairly often,  researchers seem to ignore. So much for respecting Sasquatches and their home turf. If one isn't out to collect solid proof that science will accept then, in my view, one has no business out there looking for these creatures. It is selfish "research" doing little more than harassing creatures that in no way deserve being harassed.

Very true. However, if these creatures are as territorial as the evidence seems to suggest, scientifically minded researchers could use this to our advantage. Perhaps the deployment of alpha male gorilla recordings deep in the northern Cascades would result in an interesting and unique encounter…

Perhaps, a gorilla recording might work but a scientifically-minded researcher should only use that, or a potential encounter, as a means to an end. And this thread should go back to trapper and his requested information regarding the Uintas?

10 hours ago, hiflier said:

i would have to know that for myself unfortunately before i could believe it to be that message.  i may have experienced this two times though but did not see anything so i cant be sure.  still it was near midnight and i was sitting by a pond and something threw a boulder into the lake a couple of times.  my friend and i left but something followed us out breaking branches loudly along the way for about a quarter of a mile.  strangest thing about this is that about a month earlier around the same time of night a couple of boulders were thrown into the same pond that caused us to leave that night too.

but this place is well traveled at leaste in the day..... there are  no roads to it and it is illegal to camp there but its withing 3 miles of snowbird ski resort in utah!!   so its not fair for bigfoot to ask us to leave that place and the place i plan to take my daughter is also well traveled.  there is a road going there but you have got to have a four wheel drive to get there.  still hikers go there all the time as there are hiking trails running through it

12 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Hello, @trapper. I would think you're talking about a good area to begin with. Almost anywhere you go around there could be good. Nathan Reo was from around there, but he has pulled all his videos down for the most part. Still, you may be able to hook up with people from "Project Go and See" which is a group he started or was involved with. I think they are on FaceBook, Twitter, etc, but I'm not sure because I don't "do" FaceBook. Reo would find all kinds of structures in those areas, and he even documented some activity and recorded more than one on video. There was one where he got chased out of an area in those mountains. @Madison5716might be able to direct you to this video if it is still up. Check out her rather extensive playlist for some possible ideas. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJv2YjS83KPg0q8Yre0LIGjdZq5LR_sBd Good success to you! I wish I could tag along. I'd love to check out the forests around there.

Stay safe.

ill check out those links.  yes two or three weeks seems ideal right?  

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

I can't wait to get in to the Uinta's at some stage. Enjoy your trip and stay safe..;)

• Like 1

SSR Team

Here's your seasonal Uinta's report map, Trapper.

Spring - Green

Summer - Red

Fall - Brown

Winter - Blue

Uinta's Seasonal.jpg

Uinta's.png

• Upvote 4

Definitely look into Utah's hunting season info. For your own safety of course but also because i just saw where Utah bans the use of trail cams, including wireless ones, and also thermal imagers during their hunting seasons. I don't know if this applies to where you're going but knowing the laws concerning these devices wherever you're going to be could be helpful.

• Like 1

thanks for all the info guys...   it turns out that the place where i get that feeling is 3 miles from the sight of an intense encounter with bigfoot some 20 years ago...  my friend dug up the video so that is definitely where i am going.  its called upper setting near kamas utah.  im not a researcher but more if an animal lover with a deep appreciation for nature.  cant wait to spend two or three weeks out there.

Les Stroud did an exploratory trip in Utah in one of his BF videos from 2020.
He was taken there by Kelly Shaw (of the Rocky Mountain Sasquatch Organization) to investigate a location where multiple 16-17 inch footprints were found the previous year.
See video below; the Utah section starts at 20 min 35 sec.
The exact location was not disclosed in the Les Stroud video but he says it is south of the Uintas.

However, if you go to Kelly Shaw's original video (see link below) he says that it was in "Sasquatch" canyon at the mouth of the Rough Hollow.
There are 3 Rough Hollows in Utah, but only one in Duchesne County which is south of the High Uintas.
Rough Hollow is at ~7,000 ft, and is south of Red Creek Reservoir.
It lies at the southern part to the high Uintas (about 52 miles driving distance from Kamas).
From the video, you can tell that they are not in the High Uintas but in the drier lower canyons.

Below is a map snip of the general area of that Rough Hollow area.

While I don't know for sure that this is the same location of that video, it is worth a visit to check it out and compare to video.

My personal interest is to return to the High Uintas and backpack the full Weber River drainage from Pass Lake TH to Dry Fork TH, and loop back via Middle Fork of Weber River.
That way, you get to explore both drainages.  Numerous stories of BF encounters along that drainage over the years.

All the best wishes.

Rough Hollow in Duchesne County Map.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Explorer said:

Les Stroud did an exploratory trip in Utah in one of his BF videos from 2020.
He was taken there by Kelly Shaw (of the Rocky Mountain Sasquatch Organization) to investigate a location where multiple 16-17 inch footprints were found the previous year.
See video below; the Utah section starts at 20 min 35 sec.
The exact location was not disclosed in the Les Stroud video but he says it is south of the Uintas.

However, if you go to Kelly Shaw's original video (see link below) he says that it was in "Sasquatch" canyon at the mouth of the Rough Hollow.
There are 3 Rough Hollows in Utah, but only one in Duchesne County which is south of the High Uintas.
Rough Hollow is at ~7,000 ft, and is south of Red Creek Reservoir.
It lies at the southern part to the high Uintas (about 52 miles driving distance from Kamas).
From the video, you can tell that they are not in the High Uintas but in the drier lower canyons.

Below is a map snip of the general area of that Rough Hollow area.

While I don't know for sure that this is the same location of that video, it is worth a visit to check it out and compare to video.

My personal interest is to return to the High Uintas and backpack the full Weber River drainage from Pass Lake TH to Dry Fork TH, and loop back via Middle Fork of Weber River.
That way, you get to explore both drainages.  Numerous stories of BF encounters along that drainage over the years.

All the best wishes.

Rough Hollow in Duchesne County Map.png

AWESOME sleuthing! 

Good job sussing that out.

I'll say, however, that I have zero confidence in Kelly Shaw anymore.   He did a segment in SW Oregon which was pure crap.   I couldn't tell you exactly which ridge it was on but it was in my ol' turf.   He was hearing an active logging operation and trying to twist the various sounds into bigfoot noises.   Tree crashes .. yep, accompanying the chainsaw sounds he tried to sell as howls.    Just like the squeaks and groans of yarders under load.   Voices ..  yeah, loggers have those, too.    It was bad.  It was embarrassing.

MIB

• Like 1

• gigantor featured this topic
On 1/21/2022 at 9:30 PM, BobbyO said:

Here's your seasonal Uinta's report map, Trapper.

Spring - Green

Summer - Red

Fall - Brown

Winter - Blue

Uinta's Seasonal.jpg

Uinta's.png

hey can you tell me .... are those ALL sightings ever or just in a particular timeframe?  thanks.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic